Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think LSU is a prime example to show that's just not gonna cut it. LSU has had classes that range from #2- #12 since Saban took over at Bama yet they've only beat them twice . Saban has had a top 5 class every year since 2009. If UGA keeps recruiting the way they are and we recruit like your saying then were in major major trouble. In order to keep up we have to recruit mostly top 5 classes it's that simple. Bama and UGA are gonna get theirs that seems pretty clear so we have to keep up or we will fall to far behind. I think that's already the case but a top 5 class would help.

Sure, it's going to be hard to beat a team that has 30-40 more blue-chips than you do....and the one's they do have are ranked in the top 100, 200 while most your ours are ranked 200-400.

LSU has had some sh*tty and questionable coaching over the last 8-10 years. Miles went through several OC's and hasn't had a servicable QB in years (much like UF's problems: bad coaching and bad QB play).

I agree w/ you though. It's an uphill battle right now. As I said before, the stench is still fresh on the UF "brand" and it might take a couple of years for Mullen to right the ship.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What an absolutely mind numbing and infuriating comment from Mullen. Everybody was recruiting Tebow and Cam. Just because he lucked out with Prescott, doesn’t mean that’s the way to find players. You don’t go around looking for diamonds in the rough. It’s nice when one falls in your lap, but hope is not a strategy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IDK... but QBs Trask & Franks seem hefty enough to bang forward via Mullen-style. Is there evidence that they bruise easily ? Can't they be taught to race their bodies forward toward whatever space is temporarily made & teach them to slant left or right of direct contact = that should work for yards gained as well as keeping the defensive alignment from taking us for granted?? It's my hope DM will achieve that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. And that's how it begins. It's the "get a grip" and/or "didn't we win the East" mentality all over again.
Sofla is level headed and doesn't overrreact to bad news.

I really don't like to hear the "we are settling for 3 stars because I'm the QB Whisperer" again. We've been down this road.

We were told he only sucked vs SEC teams because he had no talent. Now he's recruiting WORSE than the brand new coach at Cowbell? Yeah.....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, just being 6-4 doesn't make you a power runner.

My post avoided any power runner allusion in that it just said run where a space was made, even temporarily.
I see no reason to assign an automatic fail on these two's effective running ?? Memory reminds me no UF QB has been permitted to run, schemed to run ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if we use the Clemson model and hang around the 10-15 range in recruiting but get studs at qb and LOS and develop them then we'll be ok, but I'll caveat that by saying that Clemson's offensive scheme is much more dynamic than ours.
And move to a shytty conference where being #15 makes you the second best recruiting class?

Dont forget that critical component.

If you get a couple of those bluechippers banged up, you can probably still beat Duke, Uva and NC State and all the rest of the dung in the ACC.

Try that in the SEC running the SEC gauntlet and you are siting on 3 or 4 losses, bc even the 7-5 teams have some talent.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, just being 6-4 doesn't make you a power runner.
I think Trask could be a better runner than Leak, but then there's the passing issue. Plus, didn't Trask just come off a season long foot injury?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
There's nothing about LSU that's anywhere close to the Clemson model. Their QB situation is and has been for over a decade, much worse than ours as impossible as that seems.
I wasnt comparing their Qb situations I was saying that having just a top 10 class yearly is not going to cut it when UGA is out there pulling 5 top 20 players each year and pulling top 3 classes. I was basically saying you need more than just top 10.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016

So our coach sees no difference between the accomplishments of Dac Prescott and Tim Tebow. According to him, “they were both very successful quarterbacks”. One won two national championships, two SEC championships and a Heisman Trophy. The other won no championships and was named the MVP of the Belk Bowl and the Liberty Bowl. I fear we’re in big trouble. Seems the man is trying to lower the bar before he even coaches his first game.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So our coach sees no difference between the accomplishments of Dac Prescott and Tim Tebow. According to him, “they were both very successful quarterbacks”. One won two national championships, two SEC championships and a Heisman Trophy. The other won no championships and was named the MVP of the Belk Bowl and the Liberty Bowl. I fear we’re in big trouble. Seems the man is trying to lower the bar before he even coaches his first game.
And Dak is still enjoying a nice career in Dallas. I'd say that's successful.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Dak is also still in the league that’s a different type of success...y’all are going full nuclear when the guy hasn’t even coached a game...calm down ppl

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator