Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Anyone know who this young man is? It's 4* WR Mycah Pittman :grin:

He’s going to be a Gator. The 1st Cali kid I’ve been excited about for a while.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Whoever your friend is has on serious O&B glasses. We've broken this down in the thread, but look at the teams ahead of us....and the players they already have committed vs. what we have committed. If you do that you'll clearly see that we'll need a couple of 5-stars plus practically the rest of the class to be 4-stars to even get into the top 10 (we're 22nd right now). So this guy is saying we could (possibly) pass as many as 17 teams and finish 5th? He's high. Tell him to lay off the wacky weed mid-week. I've been saying we'll finish no higher than 12th. And unless the rest of this class is all blue-chippers (4 or 5 stars) there's no way the math adds up to higher than 12th (the way the services do the rankings).

I know the rankings aren't always accurate, but on paper there is a big difference in the #5 class vs. the #12 class. Even with a little attrition, there is still a big enough gap that the #5 class will very likely be much better than the #12 class four years later.

If our next commit or two is a 3-star ask your friend to re-evaluate.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Whoever your friend is has on serious O&B glasses. We've broken this down in the thread, but look at the teams ahead of us....and the players they already have committed vs. what we have committed. If you do that you'll clearly see that we'll need a couple of 5-stars plus practically the rest of the class to be 4-stars to even get into the top 10 (we're 22nd right now). So this guy is saying we could (possibly) pass as many as 17 teams and finish 5th? He's high. Tell him to lay off the wacky weed mid-week. I've been saying we'll finish no higher than 12th. And unless the rest of this class is all blue-chippers (4 or 5 stars) there's no way the math adds up to higher than 12th (the way the services do the rankings).

I know the rankings aren't always accurate, but on paper there is a big difference in the #5 class vs. the #12 class. Even with a little attrition, there is still a big enough gap that the #5 class will very likely be much better than the #12 class four years later.

If our next commit or two is a 3-star ask your friend to re-evaluate.
Well...since he does this for a living and is highly respected for doing so i believe it! Dude hasn't been wrong yet so we'll see what happens but I also think 5 is a little high but he actually said in the "5-8 range" I tend to think we'll finish at 8 IF we don't sh*t the bed this season. We have to win and show significant progress on offense for any of this to happen tho and he drove that home. Btw...our next commit will be a 4*!

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Well...since he does this for a living and is highly respected for doing so i believe it! Dude hasn't been wrong yet so we'll see what happens but I also think 5 is a little high but he actually said in the "5-8 range" I tend to think we'll finish at 8 IF we don't sh*t the bed this season. We have to win and show significant progress on offense for any of this to happen tho and he drove that home. Btw...our next commit will be a 4*!
The question is it the one who has a white gator jersey on in his avatar on twitter? A tight end? Or the DE everyone thought was going to FSU until about a month ago?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The question is it the one who has a white gator jersey on in his avatar on twitter? A tight end? Or the DE everyone thought was going to FSU until about a month ago?
Not 100% positive which one will pop first Yet but everyone in gator nation will be happy either way! We got some stuff cooking behind the scenes so stay tuned :chomp:

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Not 100% positive which one will pop first Yet but everyone in gator nation will be happy either way! We got some stuff cooking behind the scenes so stay tuned :chomp:
This looks like a class that will be deep on high quality players with maybe a game changer and a healthy amount of depth building.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This looks like a class that will be deep on high quality players with maybe a game changer and a healthy amount of depth building.
Yep...we need all 3 desperately! I haven't been this optimistic about a class since 2010 because of 1) the information I've been receiving 2) how the coaches are doing things 3) Otis and Cordell is killing sh*t behind the scenes. Those 2 dudes are by far the best 2 off the field recruiters we've had since the Meyer yrs.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yep...we need all 3 desperately! I haven't been this optimistic about a class since 2010 because of 1) the information I've been receiving 2) how the coaches are doing things 3) Otis and Cordell is killing sh*t behind the scenes. Those 2 dudes are by far the best 2 off the field recruiters we've had since the Meyer yrs.

Most of us are at least somewhat optimistic about things but do you feel like Mullen can take us back to the top if we land the right players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.