Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yes I do...without question!

God I hope so. I really wanted Frost. I am not sure he or anyone else would have embraced the gator tradition like Mullen has and not sure they would have been willing to face the pressure cooker like Mullen is. I hope he is the answer but time will tell.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
God I hope so. I really wanted Frost. I am not sure he or anyone else would have embraced the gator tradition like Mullen has and not sure they would have been willing to face the pressure cooker like Mullen is. I hope he is the answer but time will tell.
Odd thing. In regards to recruiting this year Frost is 44 currently. Kelly is dead last

leogator

May 5, 2018
I still think that we should have brought in Burrow. Dan must feel very confident in the QBs we have and his ability to coach them. I would hate for Burrow to kill us on Oct 6.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well...since he does this for a living and is highly respected for doing so i believe it! Dude hasn't been wrong yet so we'll see what happens but I also think 5 is a little high but he actually said in the "5-8 range" I tend to think we'll finish at 8 IF we don't sh*t the bed this season. We have to win and show significant progress on offense for any of this to happen tho and he drove that home. Btw...our next commit will be a 4*!

I appreciate your inputs and by no means trying to get into a pissing contest, but (imo) there is no way we can crack the top 10. For us to finish 8th we'll have to pass 17 teams (we're ranked 25th in the composite):

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Of the teams ahead of us, who do we pass? Of the teams behind us, who will pass us?

At this point, I think it's safe to say we do not pass:

- Alabama
- UGA
- Texas
- Ohio State
- Texas A&M
- FSU
- Notre Dame (they have 8 4-stars....we have 2)

That's 7 teams.

Then there's (ahead of us w/ more 4 stars committed already):

- LSU
- Miami
- Auburn
- Michigan
- Penn State
- Texas
- Tennessee
- South Carolina
- Ole Miss
- Oregon

I can see us passing:

- Minnesota
- TCU
- Iowa
- Wisconsin

So, which 17 teams do we move ahead of?? The math doesn't add up unless the remainder of the class is all blue-chip.

Behind us (teams that could move ahead of us):

- Southern Cal
- Va Tech
- Nebraska
- UCLA

Bottom line: finishing 12th - at this point - will be a commendable. Cracking the top 10? Miracle.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I appreciate your inputs and by no means trying to get into a pissing contest, but (imo) there is no way we can crack the top 10. For us to finish 8th we'll have to pass 17 teams (we're ranked 25th in the composite):

Of the teams ahead of us, who do we pass? Of the teams behind us, who will pass us?

- Alabama
- UGA
- Texas
- Ohio State
- Texas A&M
- FSU

That's 7 teams.

- LSU
- Miami
- Auburn
- Michigan
- Penn State
- Texas
- Tennessee
- South Carolina
- Ole Miss
- Oregon

I can see us passing:

- Minnesota
- TCU
- Iowa
- Wisconsin

So, which 17 teams do we move ahead of?? The math doesn't add up unless the remainder of the class is all blue-chip.

- Southern Cal
- Va Tech
- Nebraska
- UCLA

Bottom line: finishing 12th - at this point - will be a commendable. Cracking the top 10? Miracle.
You're assuming that all current commits will stick. I don't think so. Official offers go out in September. Everything before then is...tentative.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You're assuming that all current commits will stick. I don't think so. Official offers go out in September. Everything before then is...tentative.

Well, sure. I'm also assuming we don't pass 17 other schools.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016

- Alabama
- UGA
- Texas
- Ohio State
- Texas A&M
- FSU

That's 7 teams.

- LSU
- Miami
- Auburn
- Michigan
- Penn State
- Texas
- Tennessee
- South Carolina
- Ole Miss
- Oregon

I can see us passing:

- Minnesota
- TCU
- Iowa
- Wisconsin

- Southern Cal
- Va Tech
- Nebraska
- UCLA

It is way way to early to say this.

For example, we add Billingsley, Kimbrough and Summerall. We move up to number 13. Replace any of those guys with a Pickering or Pittman, Elam, Sanders etc. And we are between 9-11. With roughly the same number of recruits. That is only 3 commits.

You cannot take rankings seriously until the classes are in excess of 16-18 kids. We are months from that.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It is way way to early to say this.

For example, we add Billingsley, Kimbrough and Summerall. We move up to number 13. Replace any of those guys with a Pickering or Pittman, Elam, Sanders etc. And we are between 9-11. With roughly the same number of recruits. That is only 3 commits.

You cannot take rankings seriously until the classes are in excess of 16-18 kids. We are months from that.

We have one 4-star commit. ONE. 1/3rd of the class is committed and we have ONE 4-star. We're not moving past 12 teams w/ a few commits.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
We have one 4-star commit. ONE. 1/3rd of the class is committed and we have ONE 4-star. We're not moving past 12 teams w/ a few commits.
We skip 7 spots to 18 with Kimbrough alone and he is a low low level 4 star.

It does not take much to make huge jumps at this point.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We skip 7 spots to 18 with Kimbrough alone and he is a low low level 4 star.

It does not take much to make huge jumps at this point.

Exactly.....and the same applies to other schools already ahead of us when they get their next 4-star. Again, finishing 12th is what you should expect. Anything higher is gravy. We need to hope for a productive offense this year...and ground breaking on the new facilities. Otherwise, 12 might even be a reach.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Exactly.....and the same applies to other schools already ahead of us when they get their next 4-star. Again, finishing 12th is what you should expect. Anything higher is gravy. We need to hope for a productive offense this year...and ground breaking on the new facilities. Otherwise, 12 might even be a reach.
I agree with your premise. But it is way too soon to start projecting final classes.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCINO!!
(Queue "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" in the background...)
th

Isn't that scene right before the jeep blew up and all those Wham boys burned up?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I never understood the wait and see if things change attitudes. You either like the coach and school or you don't. You either want to be a gator or you don't. It's not like Dan Mullen is a new HC these kids have seen it for 9 years at Miss St. Do you think players waited around when Urban went to OSU or Saban to Bama or even Jimbo to A&M no they didnt they jumped on board because they knew what they were getting. The elite players know who Mullen is and they just don't want to play for him for whatever reason.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

- Alabama
- UGA
- Texas
- Ohio State
- Texas A&M
- FSU

That's 7 teams.

- LSU
- Miami
- Auburn
- Michigan
- Penn State
- Texas
- Tennessee
- South Carolina
- Ole Miss
- Oregon

I can see us passing:

- Minnesota
- TCU
- Iowa
- Wisconsin

- Southern Cal
- Va Tech
- Nebraska
- UCLA

Wait... You're argument is we can't pass 17 teams to get to 8.... but Nebraska can pass 19 teams to get ahead of us????

Recruiting is a roller coaster. Nothing to do but ride it out... I think Marianna's point is we have some highly ranked "slient" committs but they need to see evidence of progress on the field before they go public...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wait... You're argument is we can't pass 17 teams to get to 8.... but Nebraska can pass 19 teams to get ahead of us????

Recruiting is a roller coaster. Nothing to do but ride it out... I think Marianna's point is we have some highly ranked "slient" committs but they need to see evidence of progress on the field before they go public...

My bad. I forget to add Clemson to that list. So to answer your questions; yes.

I didn't realize this place has become Swamp Gas. Some SERIOUS sunshine pumping going on.

Let me say this to all the "we're getting a top 8 class this year" responses: there is NOTHING wrong w/ finishing 12th this year. We got off to a bad start and it is what it is. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if Mullen pulls off a miracle. But I live in the real world and with the start we're off to, 12th ain't lookin' so bad.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And teams ahead of us are going to accept 3 stars and lose commits and rankings will change 3-4 more times until signing day...way too early to be diffinitive

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My bad. I forget to add Clemson to that list. So to answer your questions; yes.

I didn't realize this place has become Swamp Gas. Some SERIOUS sunshine pumping going on.

Let me say this to all the "we're getting a top 8 class this year" responses: there is NOTHING wrong w/ finishing 12th this year. We got off to a bad start and it is what it is. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if Mullen pulls off a miracle. But I live in the real world and with the start we're off to, 12th ain't lookin' so bad.
I'm not pumping...not in the least. In fact I've barely commented in this thread... I have NO IDEA where the class where end up. I was simply trying to apply simple logic to your assertion that there was no way in hell we'd more 17 spots BUT Nebraska, who is currently sitting at 44 can more 19.?.?. That just stood out to me as odd. But you take this recruiting stuff way more seriously than me... I just think a lot can happen between now and the end of the summer... That and we have looked like sh!t for the better part of a decade now.... so I do believe if we actually look like a real football team this season, we'll see a lot of movemement. On the other hand, if we look like shat again, we're screwed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator