Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

These are the two I'd like to see, Handy or Eboigbe. There's been some talk about Eboigbe de-committing from Alabama and looking our way. Honestly, I'm really surprised our DL recruiting hasn't taken off w/ the expected losses and direction of the program. Hopefully something happens.

I agree w/ Law, we should take at least 25. The only reason I see us not taking that many is holding off on a few transfers.

There's another 2019 JUCO WR in the discussion. I'd rather get a HS kid or hold off on WR until next year. Other than IMG kids, there's only 4 or 5 4-star WR's from Florida in the 2019 cycle. 2020 is looking a lot better at the position (and for UF's class overall).

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
There's another 2019 JUCO WR in the discussion. I'd rather get a HS kid or hold off on WR until next year. Other than IMG kids, there's only 4 or 5 4-star WR's from Florida in the 2019 cycle. 2020 is looking a lot better at the position (and for UF's class overall).

I view this as a real test for Mullen. He is at UF not Miss State any more. At UF you do not reach for JUCOs. Getting on the JUCO treadmill is a bad sign for a UF coach.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
5 Star Georgia commit Travon Walker is visiting. Been really quiet since committing. Don’t know what Wiltfond said but him chiming in could be good?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk em. Tired of waiting for these 7 hats on the table people. Get onnthe bus or end up grayshirting at Bammer like that kids a few years ago.

Aug 1, 2018
5* DT Georgia commit Travon Walker is taking an official this weekend. Not sure what is happening, but UGA is struggling on the trail.:) dude could walk onto campus and start.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These are the two I'd like to see, Handy or Eboigbe. There's been some talk about Eboigbe de-committing from Alabama and looking our way. Honestly, I'm really surprised our DL recruiting hasn't taken off w/ the expected losses and direction of the program. Hopefully something happens.

I agree w/ Law, we should take at least 25. The only reason I see us not taking that many is holding off on a few transfers..
Screw that. We are going to have room for 35 ish and if not we should make room by tossing trash overboard. We didnt take a full class LAST year and many were countback EEs. What were the numbers? 22 and 7? I dont recall. Still we can certainly take 10 ish countbacks this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Basically you can count back the smaller of 85 less the number of scholarship players you had in August and 25 less the number of initial scholarship players you counted in August. .
That isnt at all the way it works.

leogator

May 5, 2018
5* DT Georgia commit Travon Walker is taking an official this weekend. Not sure what is happening, but UGA is struggling on the trail.:) dude could walk onto campus and start.
If his visit goes well don't be surprised if he flips. Question is does he play SDE or DT?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I have a few family members that have interacted with Sunseri since he's been in Gville and they claim he's one of the coolest people they've ever met. Genuinely good guy. Hopefully that likable nature helps speed things up in recruiting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Screw that. We are going to have room for 35 ish and if not we should make room by tossing trash overboard. We didnt take a full class LAST year and many were countback EEs. What were the numbers? 22 and 7? I dont recall. Still we can certainly take 10 ish countbacks this year.

Here's the biggest problem: I don't think we could get more than 25 kids to commit (at least D1/SEC type kids). Sure, we could go offer FAU's commitment list and "steal" a few, but we're having a problem this year getting SEC caliber players. Id' rather we stick w/ 23, 24 than go sign reaches (or too many JUCO's).

leogator

May 5, 2018
For those of you that are still hyperventilating about recruiting, don't. You will be pleasantly surprised by this class. There is a lot of interest by BC recruits in the Gators. It's our staff that is holding things up because they want to fully evaluate the kids rather than just take them because they 4 or 5*s. They do believe in relentless effort, it's not just coach speak. They believe in coachability. This is going to be a good class with lots of contributors unlike some of the early 2010's highly rated classes which had a contribution rate under 30%.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Here's the biggest problem: I don't think we could get more than 25 kids to commit (at least D1/SEC type kids). Sure, we could go offer FAU's commitment list and "steal" a few, but we're having a problem this year getting SEC caliber players. Id' rather we stick w/ 23, 24 than go sign reaches (or too many JUCO's).

Also think of it this way:

1. If Mullen is successful UF will get in the pattern of signing about 22/23 players per year. That is what stable successful programs do to stay at 85. Thus as you say there is no reason to reach now as better prospects can be signed in the future.

2. If Mullen is unsuccessful at UF, UF fans do not want him reaching now and clogging up the roster in ways that will harm future recruiting.

So as you say either way, it is best to sign as many guys as you can who you think have a reasonable possibility of contributing at this level and then stopping at 21 or 24 or what ever number you end up with guys with the potential to play at this level and move on to 2020.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
For those of you that are still hyperventilating about recruiting, don't. You will be pleasantly surprised by this class. There is a lot of interest by BC recruits in the Gators. It's our staff that is holding things up because they want to fully evaluate the kids rather than just take them because they 4 or 5*s. They do believe in relentless effort, it's not just coach speak. They believe in coachability. This is going to be a good class with lots of contributors unlike some of the early 2010's highly rated classes which had a contribution rate under 30%.
Whats BC recruits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator