Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Down Linemen not defensive linemen. 10-12 recruits on offensive and defensive lines, the down linemen.
This X1000.....F vck edge rushers....that's what blitzing LB's are for.....I want 4 bad mofo's with their hand in the dirt filling gaps, passing lanes and swallowing up QB's when they go to bolt.....sick and tired of watching 230# "speed rushers" forgetting to set the edge and then getting blasted by blocking TE's on run plays....enough of that sh!t...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of these kids were not going to be able to help us this year. We have a solid class. With some elite players.

But not an elite class. Like we were expecting.

He really needs to turn his focus on the portal and bring in some people who can play this year. And at an elite level. We have a couple. We need around five or six more.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of these kids were not going to be able to help us this year. We have a solid class. With some elite players.

He really needs to turn his focus on the portal and bring in some people who can play this year. And at an elite level. We have a couple. We need around five or six more.
That should be the mantra of all coaches. If you miss them on the trail, you get them in the portal.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Its probably too late to turn focus to it and expect results. At this point he just needs to get lucky wth the portal. 2 January is coming fast.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Here's the problem with that, j. The next class is already cooked. We're in lame duck status. 2025 recruits won't be committing this Summer. A good season next year could pull together a good 2026 class but this one and the next are effed. We are 100% wasting time right now . No matter what next season holds.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the problem with that, j. The next class is already cooked. We're in lame duck status. 2025 recruits won't be committing this Summer. A good season next year could pull together a good 2026 class but this one and the next are effed. We are 100% wasting time right now . No matter what next season holds.
Well, he’s not going anywhere. So, I think this class can be somewhat salvaged with an aggressive portal strategy.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he’s not going anywhere. So, I think this class can be somewhat salvaged with an aggressive portal strategy.
There’s one coach I think of when I hear aggressive strategy and that’s Billy Mother Effing Napier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Well, the good news is he doesn't have to worry about the Liberty Bowl and can focus his incredible skill in the portal.

Freshmen don't affect the team in year 1. He was always going to have to fix his failures in the last two classes in the portal. Hopefully with some legit P5 players. It's a huge step from SD State to SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am. I'd kill to have mullen back right about now.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The difference between having the #3 recruiting class and the #15 recruiting class is about the same as missing a chip shot FG to beat ArKansas and not blitzing on 4th and 17.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The difference between having the #3 recruiting class and the #15 recruiting class is about the same as missing a chip shot FG to beat ArKansas and not blitzing on 4th and 17.
That's true. But that's football. Winners make the chip shot, they don't step OOB when you need the clock running, spit when the ref is watching etc etc.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This cannot be correct. I have it on good authority from so many on this site ( yes Donk, U2) that Lane Kiffen is a horrible lazy recruiter who cannot out perform the golden goose here in Florida. This must be a typo.
Kiffen is a horrible recruiter. As it turns out, Simple is more horribler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator