4* QB Joe Milton

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More on Milton:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/stock-continues-rise-gators-qb-target-joe-Milton

Not your average Joe
Few recruits have raised their stock in the past month as much as Joe Milton.

The 4-star quarterback from Orlando, Fla., impressed at The Opening Regional in late February and subsequently blew up as a recruit, landing offers from the likes of Florida, Georgia and Michigan.

Milton continued making headlines this past weekend, competing in the NFA 7v7 Southeast Regional tournament at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

The 6-foot-5, 222-pound gunslinger not only outperformed every quarterback in the tournament, but some analysts believe Milton may have the strongest arm in the country.

Check out highlights of him at IMG in the video below.

QB recruit @Qbjayy7 might have the strongest arm in the country. https://t.co/ZOdqUgmhNM pic.twitter.com/jeRFyUnfAV

— SB Nation Recruiting (@SBNRecruiting) March 27, 2017

Milton, the nation’s No. 12 pro-style QB in the 247Sports Composite rankings, visited UF twice in one week earlier this month and the Gators are considered the team to beat in his recruitment. He was sporting Florida gear during the tournament last weekend.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion, the phrase "arm like a rocket" is thrown around way too much. However, there is really no other way to describe Milton.
I will be interested to see how Milton progresses. Right now, he is like a pitcher with a 100-mile-per-hour fastball who needs to develop his other pitches.
I agree with this.

And he is far better than Shytkowski at least.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I get the feeling this staff doesn't like to push kids to commit, but this is one where they really need to change that strategy. This kid out there as a commit and openly recruiting for the Gators would be a game changer for this staff.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get the feeling this staff doesn't like to push kids to commit, but this is one where they really need to change that strategy. This kid out there as a commit and openly recruiting for the Gators would be a game changer for this staff.
Have heard/read this numerous times since they came here...they needed to change that approach years ago

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We need to get this guy!!

Milton gets invite to Elite 11 Finals:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/gators-qb-target-joe-milton-invited-to-elite-11

Milton gets called up
The event that put Joe Milton on the map has paid off in spades a month later.

The 6-foot-5, 222-pound quarterback competed in the Orlando regional for The Opening on Feb. 19, hoping to punch his ticket to the Elite 11. Milton was the camp’s top passer until the final round, when he threw an interception and missed out on MVP honors, which went to Penn State QB commit Justin Fields along with an Elite 11 invite.

But Milton still made his mark at the regional and his recruitment exploded as a result. He earned a 4-star rating from multiple sites and landed 13 new offers, including Florida, Georgia and Michigan.

Milton had another impressive performance last weekend at the NFA 7v7 Southeast Regional tournament, showing off what many analysts now consider possibly the strongest arm in the country.

That apparently caught the attention of the Elite 11 coaches. On Wednesday night, Milton landed his long-awaited invitation to the premier quarterback competition that takes place annually in Redondo Beach, Calif.

Elite 11 coach Baylin Trujillo worked with Milton at the Orlando regional and now coaches him on his 7-on-7 team. He’s not surprised by Milton’s rise over the past month.

“His arm is a special gift,” Trujillo said of Milton. “You’re born with that. You can’t teach that type of arm talent. I remember seeing him throw 70 yards on one knee. It’s unreal. He has a cannon for an arm.

“A lot of schools have started pull the trigger on him because he has all the intangibles that you want. With his footwork getting developed … I like he’s going to do very well and a school out there is going to be very fortunate and blessed to have him.”

The Gators are considered the favorite for Milton after he visited Florida twice this month. He plans to make his decision in the spring or summer.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Milton could be a very special player. I really hope we land him. He may be the missing piece that we need to get over the hump and win a championship again.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Send a driver to pick him up and don't stop until he reaches Gainesville. Then feed him lobster and steak until he signs with the good guys!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Send a driver to pick him up and don't stop until he reaches Gainesville. Then feed him lobster and steak until he signs with the good guys!
And if that dont work, try the cafe risque. Gets em every time.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Just ran across this on another site....looks like Kirby may have dropped another bag! smh :suicide:
We can't get Ratliff to drop a bag on our behalf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.