Agreed, Mac Ain't It. Who is then?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing your the type who allows your girlfriend to cheat on you 3-4 times before finally figuring out she's a whore, or the type who waits an hour to get a manager when the waiter sucks and hasn't came to your table in 25 minutes. You believe in giving 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances. There are some guys out there that believe when your hired to do a job you do the job and if you underperform you don't deserve to keep your job. If you don't believe Mac has underperformed on and off the field you might be a retard and need to be on medicine before coming back on this board. Now I have no problem with your type we need people like you to blow the losers cause if not for people like you guys like Mac would not have anyone swinging from their nuts so keep swinging on those nuts your swinging by yourself.

Vlad.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PJ Fleck...before anyone says he doesn't have ties to the area guys like him are smart enough to hire guys with recruiting ties. Dude would kill it here and would work his a$$ off to make sure of it.

Fleck has strong convictions about how a CFB program must operate and he's steadfast on how dedicated must be the players who get on the field. Fleck is young (37) and energetic and very energizing.
Right away, Fleck would fire Mac, if Fleck were our AD.

>> Remember, Fleck stepped into his WMU HC job 2 weeks before NSD; he promptly rescinded
all scholarship offers given by the prior staff!! To do that radical move you know he had to recruit
his AD to the plan. Well, he went 1-11 that first season. Yet, off that 1-11 record he recruited the
#1 class in his conference - the first time WMU ever had a #1 recruited class. For all his years (3)
following at WMU Fleck has given WMU the #1 recruiting class. Of course after that first season
he's had three seasons of 8-5, 8-5, 11-0. If Mac clings on for a couple years, then Fleck's record
should be revivited.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I'm guessing your the type who allows your girlfriend to cheat on you 3-4 times before finally figuring out she's a whore, or the type who waits an hour to get a manager when the waiter sucks and hasn't came to your table in 25 minutes. You believe in giving 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances. There are some guys out there that believe when your hired to do a job you do the job and if you underperform you don't deserve to keep your job. If you don't believe Mac has underperformed on and off the field you might be a retard and need to be on medicine before coming back on this board. Now I have no problem with your type we need people like you to blow the losers cause if not for people like you guys like Mac would not have anyone swinging from their nuts so keep swinging on those nuts your swinging by yourself.
This is why we cannot have nice things.................:jerkit:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Chip Kelly is not a great hire. Please break down all the things Florida needs and see if chip collects all of those check marks. He doesn't. He gets a cool offense and that's it.

The best hires would be (not in order) Fleck, Fuente, Fedora, and Frost. I'd put Fuente and Fedora first because these guys can recruit and can put together coaching staffs like we haven't seen at UF. Frost and Fleck don't have much pull yet and idk what kind of rapport they have amongst the coaching community. Anything else is buying cheap firecrackers and hoping a few explode.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys make me laugh, others I feel bad for because you really believe what you post. All the good posters hardly post anymore, because you guys whine about recruiting ad nauseam. It's insufferable at times.
Who are the good posters that don't post anymore?

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Why? So when the new unknown doesn't pan out, and can't recruit top 5 classes we can get the pitchforks back out and run him out of town? All I'm saying is Mac will get 4 years. If things aren't getting better, fine move on.
3 years not 4. Only loser organizations bring back coaches after pathetic 4-8 seasons. Glad we got rid of loser foley. Mac will lose 5-7 games next season and get fired.

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
Why? So when the new unknown doesn't pan out, and can't recruit top 5 classes we can get the pitchforks back out and run him out of town? All I'm saying is Mac will get 4 years. If things aren't getting better, fine move on.

Sort of agree with this. Mac has proven he can win the east, which is more than a lot of coaches can say. Looking at you, Butch.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
talk about a dice roll

How's that? Everywhere he's gone his offenses exploded.

I think he is a Briles disciple.

Syracuse was an option based offense when he took over this year. He's trying to turn it into an air raid offense.

If he came here we would immediately have a ridiculous offense. Quarterbacks would be fighting to come here.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Yes, recruit good coaches, pay competitive salaries, expect performance. If you don't get performance and it is a coaching issue, replace them. That's how it works in my profession.

The only caveat is you have to collect actual performance data. Well guess what, there's plenty of data (recruiting, bowl games, player development, in-game coaching, etc.) to indicate that Mac is not the answer. And regarding our record, you have to make an honest assessment of how much of an accomplishment winning the East was: it really wasn't much of an accomplishment. As someone said, if Georgia gets that sophomore QB going, they'll go through the East like a knife through butter (a fortunate pun).

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

We are only two days in, but I think I just found the "Douchebag Post of the Year" for all of 2017. This one will be hard to top.

Congrats Kev!

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
How's that? Everywhere he's gone his offenses exploded.

I was just going by the fact that he hasn't proven himself among the power 5 schools yet. Paul Johnson was an excellent FCS coach and he's been pretty damn average for georgia tech.just sayin'

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was just going by the fact that he hasn't proven himself among the power 5 schools yet. Paul Johnson was an excellent FCS coach and he's been pretty damn average for georgia tech.just sayin'

Well Mac is not going anywhere until the end of next year at the least. So if we continue to look like shyt and Syracuse turns around then we better be all over Barbers. He will be a hot commodity in 2 to 3 years.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Also, I don't think you have to have success at a power five school to be here. Just unbridled success where you've gone and proven in multiple spots. Not just one school. I like Herman, but that is a huge worry about him.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes, recruit good coaches, pay competitive salaries, expect performance. If you don't get performance and it is a coaching issue, replace them. That's how it works in my profession.

The only caveat is you have to collect actual performance data. Well guess what, there's plenty of data (recruiting, bowl games, player development, in-game coaching, etc.) to indicate that Mac is not the answer. And regarding our record, you have to make an honest assessment of how much of an accomplishment winning the East was: it really wasn't much of an accomplishment. As someone said, if Georgia gets that sophomore QB going, they'll go through the East like a knife through butter (a fortunate pun).

While I agree with all this, I want to add one more thing. You need to identify the root cause for the lack of performance then have a plan to address that. It might be a total revamp of the coaching staff, or something less drastic. Yes Georgia has a lot of potential.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Herman has more wins vs the top 25 in two years at Houston than Mac in 5 years at two schools. I would've taken him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator