Another Coach Thread - My Last

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
After watching some football yesterday, I think I have narrowed down who I think will be the next head coach at UF; sadly, it's not Chip Kelly or that caliber of coach but I actually think it will be Gundy. He has taken Okie St as far as he ever will and I think he will be the only respectable coach out there who will be looking for another gig. Plus I am sure he is tired of playing little brother to Bobby and the Sooners.

Gundy would bring instant offense and we could throw some money at a good DC and we would turn it around. Plus, Gundy will never be an NFL coach and is likely to stay put if he got this position.

I'm not saying this is who I want but this is who I believe will be the next coach at UF.

With all of this said, I won't create another thread about who will be the next HC.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Cue, "I'm forty!" YouTube video.........aaaaaaaagain. :(

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't be a terrible hire. I see him being like Mark Richt for us. Multiple 10 or 11 win seasons with no trophies. Everyone once in a while will back into a championship.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As long as he can build a staff, stock us for the future, and get some occasional bling I would be good with this. There sure would be some instant offense if he were to come to UF.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess everyone already knows my opinion on him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Would love to see us make a run at Stoops first, but I'd take a turnip over what we have now.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
No way for Gundy. He has done mostly well on the field, but off the field there are too many concerning issues from the past. Say what you want about Muschamp's on field performance, but he has always maintained control off the field (even including recent incidents which were quickly resolved)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Someone on CBS Sports Radio this morning briefly floated Dabo as Florida's coach, but his reasoning was that he'd never catch Jimbo in the ACC. =/

Mentioned that the staff is great at recruiting talent, and mentioned the three WR's blowing up in the NFL right now. Thinks he'd get more talent at UF.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Any of the people you mention that are offensive minds could probably win a NC here. It's not rocket science with the recruits we SHOULD be pulling in. If champ could get a team (his own) to score we'd be winning it all now. Our D is always good. I could coach that 5* talent to a top 10 D. We need a pulse, a threat of scoring points. Once again in history, Florida is a sleeping giant just waiting for somebody, anybody, to come wake them up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n91630 said:
No way for Gundy. He has done mostly well on the field, but off the field there are too many concerning issues from the past. Say what you want about Muschamp's on field performance, but he has always maintained control off the field (even including recent incidents which were quickly resolved)

You want to have winners and some bad apples or a bunch of losers that get straight A's and help people carry their groceries to their cars???

If they end up getting a stipend they'll basically be hired guns(which they basically are anyhow - most of these kids wouldn't be in college without being able to run fast and jump high).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok I can't take it. Gundy would be a home run hire. With his system we'd own the state of Florida recruiting wise. And hed bring the fun n gun back to the swamp!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
QueenCityGator;n91630 said:

What issues are you alluding too? The ones that blew up in SI were rumors, NCAA just cleared them of that.

I'm not trying to be an a**, I just honestly don't know what incidents you are pointing to.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Mike Gundy is going to leave his alma mater in an easy conference that he has only managed to win once and is backed by one of the richest men in the United States to come to Florida? Doubtful

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gundy wouldn't be a bad hire by any means, but just considering Big 12 coaches, I'd rather have Patterson. He's done more with less.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
MatthewM.;n91655 said:
So Mike Gundy is going to leave his alma mater in an easy conference that he has only managed to win once and is backed by one of the richest men in the United States to come to Florida? Doubtful

1. He put his name in for the UT job
2. Okie St plays little brother to Oklahoma
3. Florida is a recruiting hotbed
4. SEC > All other conferences
5. Went as far as he will ever go at Okie St

There's five reasons for you there and I left out the ones that talk about how much better of a university Florida is.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
GatorJB;n91668 said:
Gundy wouldn't be a bad hire by any means, but just considering Big 12 coaches, I'd rather have Patterson. He's done more with less.

Patterson's first good year since joining the Big 12. Doesn't recruit well either.

I think Patterson is a good coach, but I am yet to be convinced that he's a great coach as I tend not to look at what coaches did at schools before they joined a Power 5 conference, if I did we would have wanted to hire Hawkins or some other terrible Boise St coach.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not giving up on Kelly until I hear him say no. After that, its a tossup. Gundy's probably as good a hire as Dabo in all respects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.