Recruiting Another recruit decommits

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n16660 said:
I don't need to spin anything. the 2015 class is still a very long way from being finished. Muschamp has been pretty good at flipping some big names at the last minute to turn in a very respectable final grade when all the letters are signed.
You commented on the negativity, which is why I asked. There's nothing to be positive about in regards to where we sit with our 2015 class. Of course, there is plenty of time to change that but we are facing an uphill battle as it stands now.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n16664 said:
You commented on the negativity, which is why I asked. There's nothing to be positive about in regards to where we sit with our 2015 class. Of course, there is plenty of time to change that but we are facing an uphill battle as it stands now.

The University of Florida never faces an uphill battle when it comes to recruiting. UF recruits itself as long as we win. We have the entire football season to show those 17 and 18 year old kids we're still THE premier program in the state of Florida.

By the way, when did you become the second coming of Law? I don't remember you being so full of doom and gloom before. This is UF we're talking about! No single coach can change that. Either we win and win big this year and we keep Muschamp because he's turned things around, or we suck and we fire his @ss and get a new and exciting HC to entice those young men here. It's win/win either way. There's no reason for anyone to be so dang depressed.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n16665 said:
The University of Florida never faces an uphill battle when it comes to recruiting. UF recruits itself as long as we win. We have the entire football season to show those 17 and 18 year old kids we're still THE premier program in the state of Florida. By the way, when did you become the second coming of Law? I don't remember you being so full of doom and gloom before. This is UF we're talking about! No single coach can change that. Either we win and win big this year and we keep Muschamp because he's turned things around, or we suck and we fire his @ss and get a new and exciting HC to entice those young men here. It's win/win either way. There's no reason for anyone to be so dang depressed.
4-8 has taken its toll.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
MJMGator;n16664 said:

The University of Florida never faces an uphill battle when it comes to recruiting. UF recruits itself as long as we win. We have the entire football season to show those 17 and 18 year old kids we're still THE premier program in the state of Florida.

By the way, when did you become the second coming of Law? I don't remember you being so full of doom and gloom before. This is UF we're talking about! No single coach can change that. Either we win and win big this year and we keep Muschamp because he's turned things around, or we suck and we fire his @ss and get a new and exciting HC to entice those young men here. It's win/win either way. There's no reason for anyone to be so dang depressed.
:applause:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n16666 said:
4-8 has taken its toll.

Chin up buckaroo! Everything is going to work out one way or another.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n16665 said:
Either we win and win big this year and we keep Muschamp because he's turned things around, or we suck and we fire his @ss and get a new and exciting HC to entice those young men here. It's win/win either way.
If only this was true. The most likely scenario is not that we kick ass or we suck, it's that we're mediocre - and Muschamp is retained. In my opinion, if we win 7 games he's not going anywhere. We can have our very own Mark Richt.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n16651 said:
He's looking at USC. I'm not sure if that's South Carolina or USCW. I would think it's South Carolina…

No southern cal , at least that's I read. I've read about 5-6 articles about this don't remember which one. When S. Cal offered he jumped big time, probably hit him with playing time etc.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
It's July, we are more than 6 months away from National Signing Day. Nothing to freak out about, it is just a 16/17 year old and that mentality.
At some point this sounds like another excuse for Muschamp...it is TIME TO WORRY...on the field and off. Maybe you should look at Rivals and see other schools kicking butt. We're so far behind.

Stop the "nothing to worry about routine"...it is old and tired. The program is in major major doo-doo.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
We had a pretty damn good signing class after our 4-8 season and all those kids knew Muchamp was being retained. I swear some of you only look for the clouds.
Wow...it's just an iceberg ma'am...it's nothing. Please go back to sleep.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We're WAAAAYYYYY behind in recruiting. It is going to be a long year.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BTW J , have you read anything as to why Farrier de-committed. I thought it weird how it was reported he de-committed , then he and his mom said he still was.Never did get an answer out of Zach other than " he's no longer a commit". And Ox , I think it has more to due with how the team reacts and the offense plays. Of course with a decent to good offense we should have a 10 + win season so its all moot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;16677 said:
NavetG8r;n16665 said:
Either we win and win big this year and we keep Muschamp because he's turned things around, or we suck and we fire his @ss and get a new and exciting HC to entice those young men here. It's win/win either way.
If only this was true. The most likely scenario is not that we kick ass or we suck, it's that we're mediocre - and Muschamp is retained. In my opinion, if we win 7 games he's not going anywhere. We can have our very own Mark Richt.

This.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
MJMGator;n16664 said:

Well, let me say this. If there's not a reason to be depressed, there's no reson yo be cheery either. When you have a miserable season and your rival wins a title, that's one thing. But to have the same thing happen again is quite another. the odds are in favor of UF losing again to Georgia and having another rival win it all again. The line on UF is 7.5 wins and we're counting on Jeff Driskel to be a savior. Now we lose two commits from Jacksonville, of all places, and you say 2014 National Cahmpions baby! I need a little more than that to feel good about the coming season. The closer it gets, I wonder if I should be happy that things are going to get better or should I be dreading the inevitable execution date when the **** hits the fan. If I knew which was going to happen, I'd get rich on the 7.5 over/under line.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;16684 said:
BTW J , have you read anything as to why Farrier de-committed. I thought it weird how it was reported he de-committed , then he and his mom said he still was.Never did get an answer out of Zach other than " he's no longer a commit". And Ox , I think it has more to due with how the team reacts and the offense plays. Of course with a decent to good offense we should have a 10 + win season so its all moot.

All I've seen is that Dillon's commitment might've scared him off.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n16677 said:

**** I'd rather have Mark Richt.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My "can't see caca take". I don't like recruits decommitting, never have, but it happens every year. The negative side of my brain screams, "it's the end!", but it always seems to work out. Some go, some show up....
I agree with whoever said "winning will fix everything", if we don't win, we fire the Coach and the new hire will start over. Simple equation really and we should remember that all this Recruiting, star business was created by ESPN to get the fans stirred up in the off season and it works. It's like a new game seeing how we stack up against other schools in a non-binding commitment war played with immature high school kids.

Personally, I would like to get a flood of 4/5 star guys but I think many will wait to see how the product looks on the field.
I just need to be patient because my anxiety doesn't affect anything except my blood pressure.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not exactly burning couches over a pair of 3 stars decommitting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's no positive way to spin this. Atleast we haven't had any arrest:jerkit:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n16703 said:
There's no positive way to spin this. At least we haven't had any arrest:jerkit:

I don't think it has to be "Spun". It is what it is.

In theory, I'd rather have guys that want to be Gators but theories don't catch passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.