Recruiting Another recruit decommits

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n16693 said:
All I've seen is that Dillon's commitment might've scared him off.

that makes sense, thanks. Gotta wonder about all the hoopla about Campbell and the other kid might have had something to do with this de-commit.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
It's July, we are more than 6 months away from National Signing Day. Nothing to freak out about, it is just a 16/17 year old and that mentality.
T Rex,
No excuse. I just look at it as July. What good is a verbal commitment? Nothing counts until it is on a LOI. I don't know how you turned by statement into a diatribe about Muschamp, that must be some personal issue you are dealing with. All I'm saying is it's a verbal decommitt 6 months away from signing day. Doesn't mean he will not change his commitment again come December. If this was January (especially) late January then I start to worry. But it's July, before we and the recruits even know what product is going to be on the field.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;16731 said:
GatorJ;n16693 said:
All I've seen is that Dillon's commitment might've scared him off.
that makes sense, thanks. Gotta wonder about all the hoopla about Campbell and the other kid might have had something to do with this de-commit.

I think Campbell is must win for us. DR will be a junior and we need a rangy, fast, athletic receiver to replace him. He's a perfect fit.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n16759 said:
Crack is a hellva drug.
1327661-normal_cocainerickjames.jpg

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n16765 said:
I think Campbell is must win for us. DR will be a junior and we need a rangy, fast, athletic receiver to replace him. He's a perfect fit.

As long as we have a decent year and show our O is somewhat clicking we're supposed to be in the drivers seat.It's nice that we're finally getting some depth at the skill positions so we can actually work with a Campbell to smooth the rough edges and not have to throw him in.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
NavetG8r;n16665 said:
Either we win and win big this year and we keep Muschamp because he's turned things around, or we suck and we fire his @ss and get a new and exciting HC to entice those young men here. It's win/win either way.
If only this was true. The most likely scenario is not that we kick ass or we suck, it's that we're mediocre - and Muschamp is retained. In my opinion, if we win 7 games he's not going anywhere. We can have our very own Mark Richt.
This is what keeps me up at night

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we can keep it close and the ball bounces our way we might be able to pull through in the fourth quarter.

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
I saw Payton in high school before he had a single offer from a college program. He's a good player, but it's not the end of the world that he decommitted. He certainly has developed better than I thought he would from a physical standpoint, and I do think he's the best of the receivers that have decommitted at this point. He'd be a solid take for Florida.

Few other thoughts on comments in this thread I've read:

1) Absolute worst-case for Florida is a mediocre year (read: 8-4) where Muschamp gets retained. IMO, that probably leads to at least a few of the 5-star leans ending up elsewhere and you end up with a good but not great class from what should be one of the once every half-decade type setups for Florida.

2) I don't think Muschamp gets retained with a 7-5 record. Let's face it, Florida's going 3-0 to start the season, and if it doesn't, disregard the rest of this point. Go 3-0, and I just can't see going 4-5 in the rest of the regular season begin enough to keep Muschamp. Recruiting falls apart, there's no real sign of progression, etc. It's just hard to envision any scenario where 7-5 allows Muschamp to stay employed.

3) Nothing that happens in recruiting (good or bad) the next two or three months really matters much. The guys lower-rated guys decommitting now will end up being a good thing if Florida surprises and wins nine to 10 games. Likewise, the solid commits Florida could land in the next week or two (Adonis Thomas, Ray-Ray McCloud, etc.) very well may not stick if Florida ends up mediocre. Wouldn't sweat anything going on with recruiting right now. Florida's in total limbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator