Back to back losses to FSU: Who wouldn't want to fire Mac now?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
14 point dogs, team is decimated by injury, away game in Baton Rouge. We have no turnovers, completely dominate the line of scrimmage and win by six, but you have a problem with the coaching performance?

Nuss had a few questionable calls, but so do all coordinators in every game. We handled an excellent team today and all you can do is b!tch. Shocker.
and were disciplined enough to avoid penalties in Death FCKn valley..................

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
14 point dogs, team is decimated by injury, away game in Baton Rouge. We have no turnovers, completely dominate the line of scrimmage and win by six, but you have a problem with the coaching performance?

Nuss had a few questionable calls, but so do all coordinators in every game. We handled an excellent team today and all you can do is b!tch. Shocker.
Sure the team played above what we were expecting however there were a few instances of "cute" play calling that cost us points and possibly the W. we should have been up by at least 10-14 points and not 6. Should have score TD from the 1 yd line, but got cute with the play call and mishandled the toss. We got cute on 3 plays from the 12 yd line after the fumble recovery instead of running it down their throats like we were doing all game long. Point is I should have been on the edge of my couch praying we get a stop on 4th and goal. It should have been over long before that, IMHO.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yeah Nuss pissed me off in the late Red Zone after plowing the field to get there,
I gotta admit I was like ARE YOU FCKIN CRAZY on that screen pass and then later the pitch..............but WE WON>.................and he learned I HOPE

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent? An unranked 6-4 team with an interim coach? Come on. Let's be real.

It's a decent win. Win in Tally and I'll start to come to the pumper side.
From a talent perspective, LSU has NFL caliber players at a number of positions, very strong on the line and has a stable of running backs. Two of their losses are to the #1 and #7 teams in the country (as of this week) by a total of 12 points. Not to mention they had significant coaching turmoil in the first half of the year. LSU is an extremely good/talented football team. This was a great win for our football team.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I gotta admit I was like ARE YOU FCKIN CRAZY on that screen pass and then later the pitch..............but WE WON>.................and he learned I HOPE
No he didn't same thing happened in the second half at UT with the play calling we got away from what was working, I don't understand that

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
This is harsh for you. I said I would not say anything negative if he won and I will stick by that. It was a huge win regardless. LSU has an interim coach and is 6-4. Winning in BR is tough even when they are mediocre and it was for the East. Mac gets a one week reprieve from me. Now beat those clowns in Tally and I might even say I might be wrong.

Like the outlook! At least the second half.

Also you said they are mediocre but they were on a big run and it provides a little validation since they destroyed Arkansas.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
No he didn't same thing happened in the second half at UT with the play calling we got away from what was working, I don't understand that
TO be fair SOS did and c ould do it. It is a good call when you are a good offensive team BUT we aint yet. It is good to keep them off balance when you throw a curve ball but this team aint ready for that creativity

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its funny that the "pitch" we are complaining about ended up being the same play that won us the game in the end.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Sure the team played above what we were expecting however there were a few instances of "cute" play calling that cost us points and possibly the W. we should have been up by at least 10-14 points and not 6. Should have score TD from the 1 yd line, but got cute with the play call and mishandled the toss. We got cute on 3 plays from the 12 yd line after the fumble recovery instead of running it down their throats like we were doing all game long. Point is I should have been on the edge of my couch praying we get a stop on 4th and goal. It should have been over long before that, IMHO.
There is a reason you are on the couch instead of the sidelines. Try making these decisions in the thick of the game. Because we were so effective running the ball up the middle, LSU brought a ninth player into the box. I have no issue when an O coordinator tries to get "cute" in this situation because it does two things; 1) Takes advantage of a defense that is locked in on a specific play and over-pursues and 2) it keeps the defense honest. Same concept with the play action.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent? An unranked 6-4 team with an interim coach? Come on. Let's be real.

It's a decent win. Win in Tally and I'll start to come to the pumper side.

LSU wasn't unranked. They were #16. 7 spots ahead of UF.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LSU wasn't unranked. They were #16. 7 spots ahead of UF.

I do not expect them to be ranked on Tuesday at 6-4. It is a nice win but let's keep things in perspective. A win against a very talented FSU team in Tally? That will get me to the dark side. A loss to FSU and then Bama is just like last year. Mac took a tiny step forward. I think LSU played worse than us and because of that we won. I'll take and so will everyone else.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
From a talent perspective, LSU has NFL caliber players at a number of positions, very strong on the line and has a stable of running backs. Two of their losses are to the #1 and #7 teams in the country (as of this week) by a total of 12 points. Not to mention they had significant coaching turmoil in the first half of the year. LSU is an extremely good/talented football team. This was a great win for our football team.

Disagree. 6-4 with Ed Orgeron as their interim coach. They won't be ranked come Tuesday.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
There is a reason you are on the couch instead of the sidelines. Try making these decisions in the thick of the game. Because we were so effective running the ball up the middle, LSU brought a ninth player into the box. I have no issue when an O coordinator tries to get "cute" in this situation because it does two things; 1) Takes advantage of a defense that is locked in on a specific play and over-pursues and 2) it keeps the defense honest. Same concept with the play action.
Who cares if they did we needed one yard. ONE yard! And we run a mis direction toss play, that we had no business running with this inexperienced oline they were doing just fine pushing them right up the middle. Any play that tried to spread them ended up a negative play. And that's why he gets payed millions of dollars to make those calls. I would gladly trade my $120k a year job to make that call, no problem.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great win when we were suppose to get curb-stomped out of that stadium.

I'd like to posit that Mac's post-game choking back tears demonstrates a man who had
held too much inside. For Christ sake -- he's a CFB HC coaching (inspiring?) youngsters
whose native language (form of outward expression) is emotion !! Holding back produces exactly the
non-production we've seen. Did the youngsters generate their own fire today - maybe out of "love"
for their "sweet Coach" ?? CFB lads always require fire from outside = Coaches.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Btw Im not necessarily on the fire Butters wagon, but I would fire most of the staff and hire D1 coaches next time.

Ogre will be available. Strong, plenty of others .....

... or Newt Romney .

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I want RocketCityGator to come out of hiding to tell us why he disliked the thread.

Gladly.

I disliked the thread because instead of reveling in the win (4th and goal on the 1 foot line with 3 seconds on the clock, DAMM that was sweet), you start this thread for what? Generate controversy, gig other Gators,...?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Any of you plan to name your kids Tre'Davious(White) and/or Bry'Kiethon(Mouton)? Not that I would name my kid Barkevious(Mingo), but it doesn't sound as bad as the first 2. BTW, Mouton appears to be a seldom used fullback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.