Back to back losses to FSU: Who wouldn't want to fire Mac now?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Great win for all involved and in recruiting, but lets not pretend this team has magically solved all of its issues. The running game was inspriing as was the oline play, but until we have a real QB in I'm not sure how much real improvement we will see of passing game. As for the D they played great in red zone, but got gutted the other 80 yards all day. Need to be better next week. Still not sold on Mac, but its clear that some assistants need to go. Nuss's play calling killed 3 drives today that were at critical moments.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
7 teams start the season hoping to win the East. 1 team can do it. There are 6 teams right now bummed they aren't going to Atlanta. I'll take winning it for the second year in a row, even if the East is down.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I loved the upset win but if we don't win one of those games out of FSU and Bama I will feel about the same as I did before unless the recruiting picks up.
Exactly....it's not like LSU is competing for a Natty or anything and speaking of questionable coaches.....we beat the Oger :rolleyes: big deal.....If Butters wants to win over the rest of the fan base AND keep his job beyond next year he needs to fire that worthless POS OC/Playcaller and bring in a decent QB and a top 6-8 recruiting class, plain and simple.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Jimbo is probably gone to LSU. That means the sow will get a new HC. Chances are he will be better than Jimbo. At least LSU won't improve anything changing coaches. I hope we finish well recruiting.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not forgetting all the miserable things I've seen the past 2 years, but I'm willing to give him a chance obviously. Off the field he has got to lose the golly gee whiz routine and talk like an actual coach. Its embarrassing. And get your teeth whitened. I'll pay for it.
Well, I'm ecstatic that we won. i was absolutely incensed when Mac refused to try and put the game away, however. It was a gutless coaching performance, offensively, on those two series. Calling that ridiculous pitch on 3rd and inches and then spitting the bit by not even trying to put them away. Mac hasn't show any stones. Let's face it. We were very, very, lucky to survive that fiasco of a coaching decision. I can live with his yellow teeth but ineptitude is hard to take.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I'm happy to win a game that most thought we had no chance to win! It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator!

I'm not sold on Mac..... and I hate his 'golly that was fun' routine!
Really. It's certainly great to end up on the winning side of his gutless decision to play not to lose. Lucky us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I'm ecstatic that we won. i was absolutely incensed when Mac refused to try and put the game away, however. It was a gutless coaching performance, offensively, on those two series. Calling that ridiculous pitch on 3rd and inches and then spitting the bit by not even trying to put them away. Mac hasn't show any stones. Let's face it. We were very, very, lucky to survive that fiasco of a coaching decision. I can live with his yellow teeth but ineptitude is hard to take.
Seems like this needs more than one like.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The players get the credit for today's win. But largely it was the players Mac brought here. Brantley and the cornerbacks were great, but the rest of the difference makers were young guys.

I would still be ok with firing Mac, but his recruits are producing. I can't ignore that.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Mac can talk any damn way he pleases. Just win.

This win was earthshaking and sets up some interesting scenarios. I believe it will help recruiting .

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Man, you guys are brutal. I'm just enjoying the victory before I start gnashing my teeth over firing Mac for winning two SEC East titles and kicking his dog.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we know where ox inherited his 75 IQ from
Despite being an insufferable douche all the time, you're still my favorite poster.

Glad we won. I was cheering like crazy. However, it never should have come down to that play, and if LSU doesn't screw up the pitch, they score and win.

You want to see a major attitude shift with the fan base? Let's beat Bama and win the freaking SEC. Not the damn division, let's win the conference. I don't care about winning the east and never have in my 27 years as a fan. It means nothing unless you win the SECCG.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I understand the east sucks, but I expect to win regardless. If we wouldn't have won the east these past years when it was been down, that doesn't say much for Florida football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator