Founding Member
? Chased out by Calipari like Meyer by Saban ? :run:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't have much fun this year. Not surprising the rumors.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n195420 said:
Canning Brooks for not making the playoffs is stupid. Westbrook and Durant have both missed a lot. And for Billy to go there would be interesting. There's no guarantee Durant or Westbrook stay in OKC.
Brooks isn't a very good coach though. They run absolutely nothing and that's pretty well documented.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is the second time in the last 2 years he's flirted with the nba. It has me thinking he's just waiting for the right opportunity. Couldn't blame him if the thunder came calling. If this happens we're f'd.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Man the thought of donnavan leaving is depressing. There's just no replacing that. How long has Indiana been trying to replace Bob knight?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't see Donovan leaving for another college at this point. The NBA is another matter.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n195505 said:
I can't see Donovan leaving for another college at this point. The NBA is another matter.
He definitely wouldn't leave for another college I was just using Indiana as an example of a basketball program who still hasn't been able to replace the coach that built their program.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy D. will leave sooner or later........ nothing last forever and he has pretty much done everything he can here. New Challenges are what motivate the Great One's and Billy is Great.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Would suck but if we got Shaka Smart I think we would survive

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n195522 said:
Would suck but if we got Shaka Smart I think we would survive
I'm not in love with shaka like alot are. Look how pelfrey and Grant did when they had to finally coach in a power conference. Donny Jones isnt doing very well at ucf either.Donnavan assistants haven't panned out very well. I don't think we could get shaka any how. Why would he turn down ucla and take the Florida job?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's fair to lump them all together. And UCLA? Why would he be going there, their coach isnt going anywhere

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n195526 said:
I don't think it's fair to lump them all together. And UCLA? Why would he be going there, their coach isnt going anywhere
He turned down the ucla job when they fired Ben howland 2 years ago. It may not be fair to lump them together but it's definitely something to be aware of.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd also like to say that shaka has done a phenomenal job and keeps that roster pretty loaded with talent. He's also maintained success there, I'd definitely be behind if donnavan left. But I'd proceed with caution

ockgator

Sep 17, 2014
Ya'll are forgetting one small detail...... Remember the look on mama D's face during the Magic press conference introducing Billy years ago? Then all of a sudden he decided to stay, And the smile she had at the UF presser.... If mama OK's it then he may go but if not..............

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what age his kids are now. Obviously his son is out HS, and I believe he was a Sr this year. Do they just have 2 kids? I remember one of the main reasons they stayed was because of the kids. If the youngest is college age, it may be that timing is starting to match up. If he wants to go to the NBA, then it'll be best for everyone if he does. He hasn't really shown the drive since he turned down Orlando. It's understandable, it's very difficult to stay in one place for that many years and maintain your edge. It wouldn't be bad for UF if he did leave. We are a brand in basketball. We're not Duke, Kansas, UNC, etc, but we are an attractive job for a HC. It could be time to bring some fresh blood in to revitalize the program. After all, this wouldn't be a football HC that Foley would be hiring.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Cleveland didn't make the finals would they go after Donovan? I remember hearing the players and their current coach were having issues earlier in the season.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So when he was going to leave before, he was leaving for Orlando.

Orlando just so happens to be in the market for a new coach right now as this rumor comes out.

Coincidence?

:scratchchin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.