Billy Donovan reconsidering NBA?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n196749 said:
Clearing the salary cap so they can go get some more over the hill veterans.

God I hope not.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n196781 said:
With the NBA cap going through the roof a lot of teams will be able to keep their FA's. Orlando is a 2nd class citizen in the NBA. I doubt they get anyone to come there that will make a difference.

Even if they draft well - it is still a 2nd tier job. Billy will have a better offer. If he does leave it won't be for O-town.

I think the coach is the difference in that. Players will play for a quality coach no matter where they are. I mean look at the NBA league standings right now:
http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/1

Most of those teams at the top were a joke within the last 5-10 years. Golden State and the LA Clippers were literally the bottom of the league, now one leads the league and the other is top 5.

I actually don't think Billy goes to Orlando, I was just busting t-gators chops. I don't think Billy is an NBA coach either, I just don't see that working for him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Opening segment on PTI was about Cal going to the NBA. It would be rather Ironic if they both left at the same time. Damn.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n197972 said:
Opening segment on PTI was about Cal going to the NBA. It would be rather Ironic if they both left at the same time. Damn.

If he does, sanctions won't be too far off

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n197972 said:
Billy ain't leaving bro

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just read an article that said calipari desperately wants back in the Nba

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;197982 said:
If he does, sanctions won't be too far off

I just don't think that there's any kind of cheating going on. Not that there hasn't been cheating at every other stop…

I just think kids want to play for him because he gets them to the NBA and gets them deep into the tourney. Kids want to play for him. Or at least want to play for Kentucky and for him.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n198050 said:
I just read an article that said calipari desperately wants back in the Nba

And then UK can try for Billy D again?

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n198270 said:
I hope Cal does go back to the NBA.

Cal's strength is recruiting. He'll never be successful in the NBA. I also think 18 year olds will take him more seriously than pros. That obviously doesn't mean he won't try again though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n198174 said:
I just don't think that there's any kind of cheating going on. Not that there hasn't been cheating at every other stop…

I just think kids want to play for him because he gets them to the NBA and gets them deep into the tourney. Kids want to play for him. Or at least want to play for Kentucky and for him.
I believe there is. Some of these guys could showcase their talents with bigger roles for other teams. It's almost stupid for some of these kids to team up like this

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They were showing clips of Cal while he was coaching the Nets back in the late 90's. Even though he looked much thinner and younger, he still had that same whiny bitch face that I'd like to punch with a sledgehammer.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n198467 said:
They were showing clips of Cal while he was coaching the Nets back in the late 90's. Even though he looked much thinner and younger, he still had that same whiny bitch face that I'd like to punch with a sledgehammer.
:lmao:

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n198174 said:

Let me guess, Alabama doesn't cheat either. Those kids just want to play for championships, right? Cal actually has more success recruiting than Saban does, but you're probably right. Absolutely, no cheating going on.....at least not again....you're probably right

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;198585 said:
Let me guess, Alabama doesn't cheat either. Those kids just want to play for championships, right? Cal actually has more success recruiting than Saban does, but you're probably right. Absolutely, no cheating going on.....at least not again....you're probably right

It wouldn't surprise me. I mean in all reality there's cheating at every level of sports and just about every school. But I don't think it's that much more severe at Kentucky than anywhere else. But I'm probably wrong.

Bama's bag men are notorious.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The reason a coach would want to get out of calipari' s situation is a coach running from sanctions

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n198764 said:
The reason a coach would want to get out of calipari' s situation is a coach running from sanctions

Like every other time he left somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.