Billy Napier Intro Press Conference Thread; immediately followed with live Oxcast

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What did Dooley say.... couldn't hear him, but could tell Billy didn't care for it by how dismissive he was...

After listening to Billy say multiple times that he has a process and that he operates one day at a time, Dooley in typical oblivious fashion asked Napier how he typically treats rivalries. This was after Pat stated that the last few coaches had differing attitudes about them.

It was a completely stupid question that illustrated that Pat wasn’t paying attention or more likely that he decided that was the most desired insight demanded by the gator nation.

I was very pleased to see Billy chop him off at the knees which should have been done ten years ago.
I liked Napier even more afterwards.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Quoting the bible and the "not flinching"comment he said twice is just another red flag. Its the same thing Muschamp used to say. Or the dont drop the rope stuff. He also went on and on about how great Mcelwain is and was to him. Does he not realize he was run out on a rail from here? Why would you keep praising a loser like Mac? Not a whole lot there to get me excited. I know I will get roasted by Ox and the others in here that are so excited about this guy. I did like the sound of his plan to have a big support staff. The talk about being balanced and stuff just sounds like Muschamp to me.

He praised McElstain because he is too classy to trash the guy in his introductory presser
Did you really expect him to destroy the guy like we would?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve asked this question a few times here. Is he employed by anyone? Who is he writing for? Shouldn’t you have press credentials to even be there?

The only job he has that I am aware of is an awful afternoon radio show in Gainesville.
I assume that having that job and friends in the UAA is how he got in the presser.

I would like to think that between the fact that he didn’t even get a microphone and that Napier made him look stupid, Dooley might decide not to attend in the future but I assume that his badly bruised ego won’t allow him to stay away.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At least tune in to reality. This "stars don't matter" concern is completely retarded. He had even said earlier that UF would be looking for a new coach if he wasn't able to add 25 premier players every year. He's got a ARMY (his words) of people working on this kind of stuff. He's a tireless recruiter by all accounts. Yet people are still worried about recruiting.

As far as the Gator sports media, who gives a ****? I'm pretty sure Napier doesn't. Those guys write ass-kissing stuff until the end. Rinse, repeat.

Agreed on the local media.

I hope he treats them like the worthless drones that they are. Dooley, Whitley, Martin, et al are all cut from the same cloth and it’s really crappy material.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't care to retype my thoughts - I'm lazy like Mullen, but I liked the clip under the tweet, too.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to take any substance from the 1st Presser. He looked alright, he said some good things and he didn't make any foolish gestures. I'm ok to just wait and see what results begin to show up.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
He praised McElstain because he is too classy to trash the guy in his introductory presser
Did you really expect him to destroy the guy like we would?

We are experts at expecting the worse and then acting as if it has already happened. I'm becoming very adept at it too - even if I do say so myself. Afterall, if showing-out wasn't so much fun, nobody would bother with doing it.

waterworld-dennis-hopper-deacon.jpg

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Somebody needs to tell coach the preferred pronunciation of the President’s name around here. It’s “Fuchs”’ pronounced just like it’s spelled. Napier pronounced it “Fochs”. during the presser. That’s the way it’s pronounced at Cornell and in the Ivy League. Down here it’s just “Fuchs” as in “who gives a fuchs.” He should have learned to talk while he was in Louisiana. What the fuchs is wrong with this guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.