Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Couldn’t disagree more.

At the 8:50 he talks about hoping his team bought into the work they did at practice. That didn’t sound like a talking point to further his agenda. That was a toss-away comment, that shows hard work is just part of football.

Hard Work at practice (and crootin’) is EXACTLY what it takes to win games. And it’s exactly what Mac and Mullen sucked at.

My opinion, like you give a $hit: Napier’s like that curvy chick at the bar. Sneaky hot, and possibly marriage material.
Wow, just Wow

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@destingator

Damn, Ed O bringing Seka to his presser then to the locker room! No wonder he can recruit so well!

Say what you want about Orge, but dude is always recruiting...

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LOL! So the week the Gators lose to LSU they fire their HC to get a jump on the search to fill that positon and the Gators already have theirs. From LSU's backyard. They didn't even reach out to Napier. Arande seems out of reach by now for them and Mark Stoops probably won't leave UK. i dob't think they had a good week.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I think he has started now, at least recruiting
Well, if that's the first decision he makes as HBC, I give him a 10/10 so far. If he left before Championship Game I wouldn't have felt right about him. But, if he would have stayed through their Bowl Game, I would have felt like he did not understand the recruiting/practice/relationship(specifically with AR) head start that he would be missing out on, and thus not understand the severity of our situation.

So, good start. Keep it up. We're watching, always watching.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LOL! So the week the Gators lose to LSU they fire their HC to get a jump on the search to fill that positon and the Gators already have theirs. From LSU's backyard. They didn't even reach out to Napier. Arande seems out of reach by now for them and Mark Stoops probably won't leave UK. i dob't think they had a good week.

I have a fiend who’s a devout LSU fan. He would call that a normal week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LOL! So the week the Gators lose to LSU they fire their HC to get a jump on the search to fill that positon and the Gators already have theirs. From LSU's backyard. They didn't even reach out to Napier. .
Most teams didn't reach out to Napier.

No one is losing sleep.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

GEEZ...They did not want him.

Ten Thoughts On The LSU Football Coaching Search

First of all, Florida hired Billy Napier from ULL. LSU wasn’t interested in Napier, who’s done well there but not enough to get Woodward’s attention.

Woodward keeps his cards Real Close to the vest.

UPDATE: Sunday night on the Hold The Rope radio show with Dan Canevari and Skip Bertman, former LSU running back and current TAF officer Justin Vincent said that Woodward has an agreement in place with a coach, that news will break and an announcement will be made by Tuesday and Wednesday, and that the fans will be delighted.

Talk is he, the deal may be done...It may be an NFL coach.

NFL teams can now interview head coaching candidates during last two weeks of season

Another notable change revealed in Tuesday's memo is that, beginning in the upcoming hiring cycle, teams are allowed to interview a candidate for a head coach position during the final two weeks of the regular season with the consent of the employer club. The interview can be virtual, and once the employing team gives consent, the candidate will be able to interview for any open head coach role.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Most teams didn't reach out to Napier.

No one is losing sleep.

Not my thoughts but...

And it ought to be recognized that even top-flight coaches from the Sun Belt – like Neal Brown (Troy) at West Virginia and Scott Satterwhite (Appalachian State) at Louisville – very often struggle when moving up to Power 5 schools. And Napier has only built a program at one place; that’s a hole in his resume.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GEEZ...They did not want him.

First of all, Florida hired Billy Napier from ULL. LSU wasn’t interested in Napier, who’s done well there but not enough to get Woodward’s attention.

Woodward keeps his cards Real Close to the vest.

UPDATE: Sunday night on the Hold The Rope radio show with Dan Canevari and Skip Bertman, former LSU running back and current TAF officer Justin Vincent said that Woodward has an agreement in place with a coach, that news will break and an announcement will be made by Tuesday and Wednesday, and that the fans will be delighted.

Talk is he, the deal may be done...It may be an NFL coach.

NFL teams can now interview head coaching candidates during last two weeks of season

Another notable change revealed in Tuesday's memo is that, beginning in the upcoming hiring cycle, teams are allowed to interview a candidate for a head coach position during the final two weeks of the regular season with the consent of the employer club. The interview can be virtual, and once the employing team gives consent, the candidate will be able to interview for any open head coach role.
Its gotta be a lie, everybody wanted Naps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator