Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
but but but but................we coulda (shoulda woulda) been.................Ask UK fans how they felt on Sunday? Were they all smiling and back slapping about how they are "actually better than UF and the gators were lucky" im guessing....................NOT!!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanx for the insight, Cover2.

Until last night I was part of the gang that never wanted LDRio to see the field again. Weak arm, playing injured, etc. I've changed my mind. I agree strong-arm Franks didn't play so poorly he deserved the pull but it was the right decision. Douglas78 pointed out in another post, "Everything looked quicker, crisper, tighter with him in command. You'd have to be blind not to see the difference behind Del Rio." I agree. No question the offensive tempo step-changed upward. His supporting cast did most of the heavy lifting I understand. But he looked healthy, decisive and executed well, interception not withstanding. Yes, his arm is weaker than Franks but appears quite adequate. Going forward he'll be a game manager who distributes the ball to playmakers ala Toney, Davis, Cleveland, Powell.

I think you have me and '78 confused, this is the first day I've been back since last Wednesday....

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
By the way I watched the whole game. Why does Mac have a mike. Does he ever say anything to anyone. All I see him do is pace and chew gum. Maybe he communicates during commercials.
Maybe Clarabelle is telepathic?
giphy.gif

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
observations from Trux's couch...

we have some really good players, and some that could be really good with development...

but we have really bad coaches.

I liken it to the guy who goes into work everyday and is a good worker that holds a lot of potential, but because of poor supervision, surfs the web most of the day just getting the minimum amount accomplished to get by.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I liken it to the guy who goes into work everyday and is a good worker that holds a lot of potential, but because of poor supervision, surfs the web most of the day just getting the minimum amount accomplished to get by.

Trux stealin' from the company again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I imagine Stoops' Monday morning meeting with the AD going something like this...

AD: "It's come to my attention that you neglected to have a defensive back cover a Florida wide receiver...twice.."

Stoops:
HarmlessKnobbyDodobird-max-1mb.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After watching this game, I just thought that this year's team (really the coaching staff) is a bunch of frauds. We are getting 3-8 quality coaching, but we will probably end up 8-3 simply because the schedule is so bad. I could see every team on the schedule beating UF this year, but I can also see every team crap their pants while playing UF while we somehow win another game that still feels like a loss. I would like to watch a game and at half-time feel confident that UF will win. I would also like for this offense to score more than 30 points in a game, but I think that both of these will only happen once or twice this year if we're lucky.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
but but but but................we coulda (shoulda woulda) been.................Ask UK fans how they felt on Sunday? Were they all smiling and back slapping about how they are "actually better than UF and the gators were lucky" im guessing....................NOT!!!
Thanks for dropping by, Coach. I hear where you're coming from. Don't misunderstand...glad to get a W any Saturday we tee it up and certainly glad to not be UK fan! But I have to ask you, are you ok with the quality of play from the standpoint of our execution and consistency? Offensively, we haven't been real smooth in these areas and our young defense is having some of these type issues now. I guess it is the old coach in me, but I'm always looking ahead while reflecting upon and dissecting our team's performances. How we are performing is not sustainable at a championship level IMHO. We may well get through most of the regular season better than I imagine, but without some improvements the SECCG is a reach. I'm interested in what you think about these aspects.

P/S Hope your dermatological issues with your shoulder are healing. I'm enjoying regular trips to get cut, burned or frozen myself. Paying for all the time I was outside, uncovered and no sun screen (foolishly), at both PE and coaching assignments. Getting old is the proverbial female dog!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The other 78
Thanks for dropping by, Coach. I hear where you're coming from. Don't misunderstand...glad to get a W any Saturday we tee it up and certainly glad to not be UK fan! But I have to ask you, are you ok with the quality of play from the standpoint of our execution and consistency? Offensively, we haven't been real smooth in these areas and our young defense is having some of these type issues now. I guess it is the old coach in me, but I'm always looking ahead while reflecting upon and dissecting our team's performances. How we are performing is not sustainable at a championship level IMHO. We may well get through most of the regular season better than I imagine, but without some improvements the SECCG is a reach. I'm interested in what you think about these aspects.

P/S Hope your dermatological issues with your shoulder are healing. I'm enjoying regular trips to get cut, burned or frozen myself. Paying for all the time I was outside, uncovered and no sun screen (foolishly), at both PE and coaching assignments. Getting old is the proverbial female dog!
The cutting burning and freezing are not a lot of fun but I guess much better than some alternatives..............
as for quality of play, consistency and execution..........I am over it. We need a new off. coordinator. Im not seeing very much creativity or getting players open in space very much. I swear if Nuss would just invite SOS into meetings they could improve this passing game by leaps and bounds..............

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Still confused by the personnel decisions, too. Maybe I missed something, but Perine's first two carries were for 8-10 yds each. Why did he disappear after that?
Maybe because that freshman won the game for us. I dont see any problems with how they managed the running game. The passing game will make you wanta pass out..............

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine Stoops' Monday morning meeting with the AD going something like this...

AD: "It's come to my attention that you neglected to have a defensive back cover a Florida wide receiver...twice.."
I don't know how you do that. Even once. But twice?

TWICE?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

It is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

And IT WAS ON THEIR SIDELINE. So half the damn team MUST have noticed. Even Stoops noticed. He tried to call timeout. So why not grab the closest guy on the sideline, can be a NT, WR, kicker, just the next damn dude, tell him to guard that receiver WHILE YOU CALL TIMEOUT. Guard him and tackle him if they don't grant my timeout. At worst, a 12 men penalty or PI. Beats easy TD. If they don't grant your timeout, which seems impossible if you didn't wait 20 seconds to try.

After all, IT WAS ON YOUR OWN SIDELINE, Kittykats. BOTH TIMES.

Now we know where Nord learned special teams. At UK. They obviously use the same plan for goalline.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how you do that. Even once. But twice?

TWICE?

It is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

And IT WAS ON THEIR SIDELINE. So half the damn team MUST have noticed. Even Stoops noticed. He tried to call timeout. So why not grab the closest guy on the sideline, can be a NT, WR, kicker, just the next damn dude, tell him to guard that receiver WHILE YOU CALL TIMEOUT. Guard him and tackle him if they don't grant my timeout. At worst, a 12 men penalty or PI. Beats easy TD. If they don't grant your timeout, which seems impossible if you didn't wait 20 seconds to try.

After all, IT WAS ON YOUR OWN SIDELINE, Kittykats. BOTH TIMES.

Now we know where Nord learned special teams. At UK. They obviously use the same plan for goalline.
Amateur night at The Comedy Zone. It is inconceivable that this could happen once in a game at this level, much less two times. What was the secondary coach (and GA's) doing prior to each one of the plays? First order of business is managing the personnel. To borrow a line from Gainesville's own..."Break down...go ahead and give it to me!" Which is essentially what UK and Stoops did.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
tell him to guard that receiver WHILE YOU CALL TIMEOUT. Guard him and tackle him if they don't grant my timeout. At worst, a 12 men penalty or PI. Beats easy TD. If they don't grant your timeout, which seems impossible if you didn't wait 20 seconds to try.

If you watched the live tv Stoops was talking to the ref following the previous play and he clearly stated he was going to call a time out. One of the referees knew it was coming, and yet, none of them looked at him as he was trying to call it before the ball was hiked. If I were Stoops, yes I'd be embarrassed about the first one - but I'd be pissed as hell I didn't get the time out I asked for before the ball was hiked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.