Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Louisiana State

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
In that article the author stated the following:

Anybody else hear this? From what I saw, a couple corndogs ran right up to our guys while they were doing drills and starting going at them. Obviously there's a lot going on that we don't see, merely from watching television, but from what I could see, I thought the coon asses were to blame...

Graham Hall's Notebook article has this quote from QW:

“One of their guys was in my way and I bumped into him on purpose to set it off,” Gators cornerback Quincy Wilson said. “We ain't going like that."

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac called TO because it was the only way to get the officials to review the spot of the ball on the 1 yd line. They were blowing him off and he was furious.

Reese has 23 tackles in the last two games. That is ridiculous.
That is correct. Had radio on at same time, and that is what was said was going on. Ref was refusing to review.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Graham Hall's Notebook article has this quote from QW:

“One of their guys was in my way and I bumped into him on purpose to set it off,” Gators cornerback Quincy Wilson said. “We ain't going like that."
I guess that's one way of looking at it. Another way is that the lsu player was standing somewhere he shouldn't bc he was trying to start some crap. Their guy was passive aggressive bc that's the kind of people that associate themselves with lsu. Our guy was aggressive-aggressive bc that's how we roll

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the 3rd and 1 pitch to Perine (good call - bad execution), why did we not go to the JUMBO package with CeCe playing FB?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Just a little history about the touchback rule. I believe it was in the 1970 game against Miami when Florida let a punt land in the end zone and it bounced back to the half yard line and was downed there. That was the rule, the ball was live until it stopped moving or was downed by a player. Florida lost the game and made a case to change the rule to "breaking the plane" of the goal line. And a college player can be standing in the end zone if he keeps the ball from breaking the plane of the end line. Very different from the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.