Braxton Miller to UF?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
heversle;147668 said:
Ooh! Way too rich of a bet for my blood. Maybe if you lower the stakes a little bit, I might take you up on that.
Fine, one spider ring

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll get in on some this action

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just say no to Miller...let the recruiting and development of future QB's begin...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We would be stupid to not take Miller and let him compete with everybody else

R

RedHead-Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
So let me get this straight- we have 3 QBs on the roster and we don't want a Heisman candidate to come on board because we believe in the ones we have that much? While most schools are getting 2 or 3 4star QBs every year. (See UT and FSU) I would like to think we get the best and make them compete. If he sux then he sits the bench- if he is good fit then he plays.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
RedHead-Gator;n147691 said:
So let me get this straight- we have 3 QBs on the roster and we don't want a Heisman candidate to come on board because we believe in the ones we have that much? While most schools are getting 2 or 3 4star QBs every year. (See UT and FSU) I would like to think we get the best and make them compete. If he sux then he sits the bench- if he is good fit then he plays.

have a like because you look cool in your picture

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
RedHead-Gator;147691 said:
When was the last time either school you just named pulled in two or three 4* qbs in consecutive classes?

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
People are simply retarded. Braxton Miller is a proven winner at the college level as a QB yet people are jumping on the dick of a redshirt freshman who has never taken a shot at the college level. Morons.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You would have to be a retard of universal proportions to think that Braxton Miller isn't a better option than anybody we currently have on our roster. He damn near went undefeated last year and he was pretty much their whole offense.

Fer chrissakes, the had 24 TD passes to 7 INTs, a 158 rating and over 2000 yards, plus on top of that he ran for another 12 TDs and over 1000 yards. Yes, the QB ran for over 1000 yards. OSU averaged almost 8 yards per play with him in there.

You'd have to be smoking glue to dis this kid if he wants to play here next year.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n147530 said:
Something stinks in Denmark. Why is this guy shopping himself around like a tramp working a shady street corner at 3AM? Neither Duke nor FSU will take him so now he's on to UF? IDK

Did anyone answer this?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n147609 said:
They was literally playing flag football when he made lane look good.
T, this kid can pass. The fact that the Chump red shirtted him in favor of Harris means nothing. He is the poorest evaluator of offensive talent I've seen. Add that to the fact that the Grier family WANTED him to red shirt mitigates the claim that he was beaten out by Harris. I will agree we know nothing yet as to whether he is wired right to compete at this level but he can definitely pass, which neither JD or Harris can lay claim.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ok lets sum it up this way. Harris was a better option that Driskel. We all know that. We also know that Muschamp could not evaluate offensive talent for shyt. This hodge podge competition in the fall for the backup role was complete BS. We all know that Grier's family almost demanded that he be red shirted. Did they know WM was getting the axe???? Anyway, Harris IMO has really done nothing to separate or solidify himself as the starter. Espcially with a new staff coming on. He's got game experience, that's it. No reason to think that Grier cannot beat him out with again, a new staff coming in. It's almost as if Grier will get a clean even slate. Now you throw in that Braxton is lurking around. Sure let him come in if he wants to transfer. My take, get all the talent you can and let Mac sort it out. Miller may feel he won't get a good shot if he returns to pOSU. So the long of it Harris may have been an answer for last year. But its over and Mac's here. Lets see how it plays out.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
heversle;n147613 said:
Yeah, some of you guys have convinced me. Why should we take a guy like Braxton Miller even if he has genuine interest? I mean he doesn't even fit Mac's system and it's so hard to utilize a dual-threat QB that can take it to the house on any given play. It just wouldn't work. Ray is right. I think we're much better off rolling the dice with a couple of young, unproven quarterbacks. Competing for SEC and National Championships right away is overrated anyway. Way too stressful. Isn't that right, bro?

Not to mention what if Grier doesn't fit Macs system. I think some posters think that Grier is some kind of drop back pure passer....news flash he's not. Most of his passing yards in HS came off of scrambles just like Driskel. BTW I'm a Grier fan and hope he does well but let's call it what it is. We already know what we have in Harris, if Grier stinks then we're stuck with Morningwood. I say bring him in and let him compete, if he's not the best then tell him to get his ass lined up in the slot because it's not like we're stacked there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n147652 said:
I never said he wasn't a good qb, I just don't think he's that great.
I say he's not a good QB. That had zero passing game under him and struggled to score on MAC teams.

He might make a decent TE though.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Good news is this should all pass soon and he will be playing for someone else

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n147649 said:
Look at the bright side. If Miller plays, we can always just get Grier another medical redshirt for hang nails and toothaches. Four years of eligibility left!

:exactly::exactly:OMG.....:exactly:......Looks like Concrete's Theory of Redshirtology might not be so far fetched now does it??? Or as Concrete often says "best to be prepared for the unthinkable" :burn:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n147734 said:
:exactly::exactly:OMG.....:exactly:......Looks like Concrete's Theory of Redshirtology might not be so far fetched now does it??? Or as Concrete often says "best to be prepared for the unthinkable" :burn:
I do apologize for never knowing when you are joking on this subject. Please tell me you are joking this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.