Breaking Down Jeff Driskel

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that Driskel has never read a defense in his life. He is a dunce on the football field, with an analog mind in a digital world. He is very slow at processing information, which is the reason he only throws to an open receiver. He can't throw a receiver open. He has his mind made up before the snap where the ball is going,so his inability to read a defense is magnified because he can't see that the play called won't work because of the coverage. The only hope is that Florida's receivers can make the first man miss on the horizontal passes that Driskel is proficient at throwing. Something like we saw Robinson do in the Spring game, but we now know UF's secondary sucks, so that might be little too much to ask against a team wearing a different uniform.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of the leaders of this team need to have a meeting with the coaching staff. They clearly played harder for Harris. They should let the coaches know they feel the team needs a change at qb. Even with Harris out there's no way morningwig or grier could be any worse than Driskel.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I bet OCs must just sit there and say WTF when they break down tape of Driskel after a game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n67525 said:
I haven't seen Jeff go backwards.. I just don't see him progressing. The whole Tyler Murphy thing is a joke and to be honest... you lose credibility when you keep throwing it out there. Yes.. he beat USC with his legs and the team's defense, but he is not a great passer and would not be a successful QB at UF.

Brisett played well the 1st half against FSU, but he never looked good at UF and would have struggled with our offensive line. I would have loved to see Brisett stay and possibly have his shot last year, but he wanted to transfer and I don't blame him for that.

My point here is that you keep saying Muschamp impacted Jeff's confidence like Jeff was some amazing QB who read defenses well and made all the throws until Muschamp got a hold of him... you have provided absolutely no proof of that.

If you want to bash Muschamp's coaching... there are plenty of actual examples you can use instead of just making things up.

Brissett has looked good this year. One bad game doesn't mean anything - the top QBs have them. The difference between him and Driskel now throwing the ball isn't even funny.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How about playing their "upmost" for Driskel?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
All of the technical stuff mentioned above is true, but one quality I see missing in Driskel is the will to win. All great quarterbacks have it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n71502 said:
How about playing their "upmost" for Driskel?

do you think they still can?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Basically, to sum it up:

He's uncoachable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.