***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
oxrageous;n113904 said:
And Stoops won today, so I guess he's okay to hire now? :facepalm:

You guys kill me going off game by game. Either you think someone could be a long-term fit at UF or you don't. Freeze has been an excellent recruiter at a crappy school. Losing a game or two at the end of this year shouldn't change that one iota. If nothing else, it may make him more likely to leave.

Keep in mind Bo Wallace is also an awful QB, which makes what they've done this year even more remarkable.
This guy right here is preaching! Yeah going game to game isn't the way to do it.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So, let me understand this, he is 7-6 and 8-5 in previous years at Ole Miss. He will probably end up this year about the same as last. And he is a good recruiter compared to WM. But, what exactly makes anyone think he's a home run for UF? I'm just trying not to look at this as an improvement over WM. His story is that he beat Alabama and had a ranked team in the media this year. If you use his record to prove his worth as a coach, it cuts both ways depending upon how his team plays.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n113938 said:
So, let me understand this, he is 7-6 and 8-5 in previous years at Ole Miss. He will probably end up this year about the same as last. And he is a good recruiter compared to WM. But, what exactly makes anyone think he's a home run for UF? I'm just trying not to look at this as an improvement over WM. His story is that he beat Alabama and had a ranked team in the media this year. If you use his record to prove his worth as a coach, it cuts both ways depending upon how his team plays.
Jeremy Foley evidently thinks he's a great fit. Give him a call and ask him why.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;113907 said:
Anyone who says he wouldn't be an upgrade from WM is a moron. And like it or not, he's Foley's first choice. So if you don't like Freeze, you had better hope he turns down a lucrative offer to come to UF.
My point is that we've said we aren't looking for just an upgrade (there are many out there) but a home run type coach. I'm not saying Freeze is or isn't, but it amazes me the love for him based on what? I'm serious. I'm trying to look at this objectively and not rushing to quick judgement.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;113943 said:
Jeremy Foley evidently thinks he's a great fit. Give him a call and ask him why.
Has Foley said this? Where?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I think this is Freeze's exit strategy. He tanks the rest of the season. This way the Ole Miss fans won't vilify him as much by leaving and going to another conference team. Guy thinks of everything.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n113889 said:
Okay, so now none of us want Freeze. :facepalm:

:suicide:
Remind me why we wanted him in the first place, Ark St record, 2012 3-5 5th place SEC West record , 2013 3-5 5th place SEC West record, or 2014 probable 4-4 4th place SEC West record? Maybe he will be a good hire but it seems most of what propelled him to hot coach status was the fact that he was kicking azz in the toughest conf division in the US. But it looks like that is out the window if he loses his last 4 SEC games in a row, showing no real improvement over the last couple of years.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So if he get's shut out, does that mean he doesn't have his guru card?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right now the votes are 30 don't hire, 0 hire...just sayin'...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n113951 said:
Has Foley said this? Where?
No, he didn't say it, you drunk. However, that's exactly what's happening. Trust me, I wish I could tell you how I know but I can't.

Sober up.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n113904 said:
And Stoops won today, so I guess he's okay to hire now? :facepalm:

You guys kill me going off game by game. Either you think someone could be a long-term fit at UF or you don't. Freeze has been an excellent recruiter at a crappy school. Losing a game or two at the end of this year shouldn't change that one iota. If nothing else, it may make him more likely to leave.

Keep in mind Bo Wallace is also an awful QB, which makes what they've done this year even more remarkable.

Honestly the only people who are going by game are the ones who are in love with Freeze. The only thing he has accomplished this year was beating Alabama. Which I definitely respect but his record this year will likely be 8-4, which follows 7-6 and 8-5 seasons.

We have already established that a ham sammich would be an upgrade over Muschamp so that argument is long tired out. We need an elite coach. Freeze may be that, but in my opinion he has yet to prove it. Stoops is the closest thing to an elite coach that we can reasonably look to hire.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;113974 said:
No, he didn't say it, you drunk. However, that's exactly what's happening. Trust me, I wish I could tell you how I know but I can't.

Sober up.
You know, I like you Ox! Lighten up! We can all have an opinion! And no, I am still going strong! :)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, look at the bright side. His market value just plummeted 1.5 million. We can probably get him for 3.5 and a side of grits now.

And regret paying that later. :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n113920 said:
Today might save us a million or two.
I'm a Blue skyer. What can I say.
It also makes Jeremy's argument to Frreze that he cant win championships by splitting the Massippi talent with Cowbell and occasionally winning a Tunsil or Treadwell. You must have the Jimmies and Joes to win, not Driskels and Bos.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze isn't my first choice at all. I'd rather have Stoops. I don't think Freeze would be a bad hire, however.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;113987]Hey, look at the bright side. His market value just plummeted 1.5 million. We can probably get him for 3.5 and a side of grits now.

And regret paying that later. :facepalm: [/QUOTE]:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator