Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n113980 said:
You know, I like you Ox! Lighten up! We can all have an opinion! And no, I am still going strong! :)
You just broke the rules on exclamation points.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Bad QB play can really take the Bloom off a coach. Just as great QB play can elevate one. Does anyone think Jimbo is a NC type coach?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n113995 said:
Bad QB play can really take the Bloom off a coach. Just as great QB play can elevate one. Does anyone think Jimbo is a NC type coach?
I like our odds once Rapeis leaves.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze is staring at 8-4. He had 1 stud recruiting class, which was based on them having the older brother of the #1 recruit that year, and rumors of buying recruits (i.e. Treadwell twitter pic with money). He's on the verge of getting shut out by Arky. I for one think he'd be a very mediocre hire. I'd rather have Stoops by a long shot, even tho I don't really want Stoops either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No reason to shoot the messenger, boys. Freeze is Foley's top target. I do not know who else is on his list.

GatorGrad

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Redman says top 4 candidates from agents he is talking to are Hugh Freeze, Gary Patterson, Jim MOra Jr, and Bob Stoops.

Based on mutual interest.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n114017 said:
No reason to shoot the messenger, boys. Freeze is Foley's top target. I do not know who else is on his list.

According to...the pimple on your right butt cheek? I just don't buy any of these supposed source nuggets you keep dropping.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n114030 said:
According to...the pimple on your right butt cheek? I just don't buy any of these supposed source nuggets you keep dropping.
Okay. It's a free country, you can believe whatever you want.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Today is certainly a rough day for Freeze, but I still think he'd be a solid hire. Plus, you can only win so many games with Bo as your qb. I think he'd have an outstanding offense with a qb like Grier.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorGrad;n114019 said:
Bob Redman says top 4 candidates from agents he is talking to are Hugh Freeze, Gary Patterson, Jim MOra Jr, and Bob Stoops.

That's good to know.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GatorGrad;n114019 said:

That's a pretty solid 4

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n114030 said:

they aren't nuggets if you're seeing them drop next to the pimple you described

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n114017 said:
It's probably a fluid situation though. Even if he wanted him initially, it would be awfully risky for Foley to hire a coach on a 4 game SEC losing streak. Foley has about as much luck as Muschamp and Driskel recently. You can almost see the win over FSU coming making Muschamp 8-4 (if Idaho hadn't been scrapped), 4-4 in the SEC, one big win over a champion caliber team. Then you would basically be hiring a coach with the same record as your current coach, no better recruiter and not as good of a coordinator.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorGrad;n114019 said:

WHAT! NO CHIP KELLY?!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n114052 said:
It's probably a fluid situation though. Even if he wanted him initially, it would be awfully risky for Foley to hire a coach on a 4 game SEC losing streak. Foley has about as much luck as Muschamp and Driskel recently. You can almost see the win over FSU coming making Muschamp 8-4 (if Idaho hadn't been scrapped), 4-4 in the SEC, one big win over a champion caliber team. Then you would basically be hiring a coach with the same record as your current coach, no better recruiter and not as good of a coordinator.
Maybe. Who knows? I also have been told that Stoops will come if the money is right. It's all about the Benjamins. I'd rather have him anyway.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n114033 said:
Today is certainly a rough day for Freeze, but I still think he'd be a solid hire. Plus, you can only win so many games with Bo as your qb. I think he'd have an outstanding offense with a qb like Grier.

If people get ridiculed for the Driskel excuse, you can't use the Bo excuse. He just got shut the **** out by the last place team in the West. You don't have to score a ton of points all the time, but if you're an offensive genius, you don't get shut out by the last place team in your division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.