Status
Not open for further replies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ox I hope you're right. I would support a hire of Freeze. Just skeptical that he would come but the money talks and the BS walks. This would be good for UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n111780 said:
If we are going after Freeze, he'll get a raise one way or the other

Exactly. It's a win-win for everyone except Ole Siss.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Had this convo earlier today with fellow Gator. He has a lifetime contract at Ole Miss. He'll get a huge raise to $4 mill plus. To Hugh, who seems like happiness is worth more than money he probably will never spend...gonna be tough. I know the saying...everyone has a price but he seems exactly like the guy who'd say no.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I've thought Freeze would be the most attainable of my personal top tier guys. As I mentioned in the other thread, Hugh idolizes Spurrier. So it might not be a stretch for him to follow his Idol to Florida. He certainly fits Foley's criteria. The rumors of illegal recruiting may arise because he does better than anyone should at Ole Miss. But it really doesn't jive with the high character guy that those who interact with him see. I know the commissioner doesn't like coach raiding in conference. Oxford was a nice little story this year. But in reality, it's best for the league if Florida is a Beast in the East. Nationally I don't think Florida is viewed as deep south like most of the rest of the conference. I think a good Gator team is a little more palatable to a lot of northerners than some conference teams.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He caught lightning in a bottle the year he had an awesome class. Not saying he's not a good recruiter, but he had the #1 recruit's brother who was a shoe in. Nkimdechi (spelling) did most of the heavy lifting for that class

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
alcoholica;n111799 said:
He caught lightning in a bottle the year he had an awesome class. Not saying he's not a good recruiter, but he had the #1 recruit's brother who was a shoe in. Nkimdechi (spelling) did most of the heavy lifting for that class

The assistant Coach Kiffin is usually rated pretty high as a recruiter. If there is any dirt, it may lie with him.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he has proven himself to be an elite coach yet. His records of 7-6, 8-5 and 8-2 so far are hardly impressive. However I like the fact he has beaten Saban. The #1 reason he comes to Florida is not for money or because he likes living in Florida more than Mississippi. He will want to come here so he can win championships. That will be impossible to do consistently at Ole Miss.

While I don't want to back the bank truck up to his door step, unfortunately it is going to cost us to even get a coach that I consider a risk. It is one thing to write a blank check for a Bob Stoops but another for Freeze who has yet to hoist a single trophy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hearing about his extended family all living in the area and the rest I think he will just take the raise from us pursuing him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Micheal Orr' s adopted mom is gonna be pissed

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Meh, I guess I am the eternal pessimist, but I think these sources are being carefully seeded with information by the big man himself. I guess Freeze has about as much shot as anybody at the job offer, but I don't think he's the guy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n111803 said:
I don't think he has proven himself to be an elite coach yet. His records of 7-6, 8-5 and 8-2 so far are hardly impressive.

It actually shows his team has gotten better every year he's been there.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n111803 said:
I don't think he has proven himself to be an elite coach yet. His records of 7-6, 8-5 and 8-2 so far are hardly impressive. However I like the fact he has beaten Saban. The #1 reason he comes to Florida is not for money or because he likes living in Florida more than Mississippi. He will want to come here so he can win championships. That will be impossible to do consistently at Ole Miss.

While I don't want to back the bank truck up to his door step, unfortunately it is going to cost us to even get a coach that I consider a risk. It is one thing to write a blank check for a Bob Stoops but another for Freeze who has yet to hoist a single trophy.

What's the difference? I think you're splitting hairs ta that point. You'd be spending it anyhow.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see what freeze could do with a qb like Harris or grier. Bo Wallace is not all that. He's winning games with an average qb

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. Freeze, Mr. Sleaze, our offense is in the deep Freeze, we've got Freezer burn, Jeez Freeze, Hugh Fleas, please take Freeze, got the Freeze disease, etc......
Just getting a jump on things. Why wait?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
aka;111818 said:
Mr. Freeze, Mr. Sleaze, our offense is in the deep Freeze, we've got Freezer burn, Jeez Freeze, Hugh Fleas, please take Freeze, got the Freeze disease, etc...... Just getting a jump on things. Why wait?
Please don't ever do this again

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
t-gator;n111806 said:
I bet Micheal Orr' s adopted mom is gonna be pissed

That's what she gets for calling him Burt in the movie and portraying him as a bit of a dolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator