Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's had some questionable recruiting at Ole Miss, but nothing proved. Would be a splash hire for sure.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is the best we could get right now. He is hot right now and is a great recruiter. All upside with him. Catching him at a Meyeresque time. Up and comer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n111803 said:
While I don't want to back the bank truck up to his door step, unfortunately it is going to cost us to even get a coach that I consider a risk. It is one thing to write a blank check for a Bob Stoops but another for Freeze who has yet to hoist a single trophy.
Certain coaches have it. Malzahn has it (and an annoying voice). Freeze has it. I think Sumlin has it.

You pay more for it.

The difference in salary (say from 4-6 mil) is insignificant. We probably lost a million a year per home game due to continuing the Chimp disaster this year. Who knows how much we lost on merchandise sales and donations. We can't afford to hire another dud, even if it "saves" us money. Fooley can't afford to be outbid. If he doesn't come it has to be because he just won't leave Ole Siss.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n111818 said:
Mr. Freeze, Mr. Sleaze, our offense is in the deep Freeze, we've got Freezer burn, Jeez Freeze, Hugh Fleas, please take Freeze, got the Freeze disease, etc......
Just getting a jump on things. Why wait?
We are going to call him Hugh jorgan

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n111715 said:
I got info recently from a source that I actually find more trustworthy than any of the others. I'm told Hugh Freeze is the top target of the coaching search and UF is preparing an offer that he hopefully cannot refuse. Trust me when I tell you this info is solid.

I consider the top tier to be the Kelly's, Patterson, Stoops, and Freeze, so this would be great news if true.

Discuss.

I believe it. His "denial" was extremely careful and crafty.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
If true this would be great. He is an elite coach. I'd offer him 5 million a year. People leave their home towns for vastly better jobs (which is what UF is compared to ole miss) all the time. Why can't Freeze?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n111832 said:
I believe it. His "denial" was extremely careful and crafty.

Could post a link to his denial someone said this earlier

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n111834 said:
One of the very few offensive guys who's team is playing lights out defense. Nice combo.
He would make me hot and bothered.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Asked to comment on the Florida job, Hugh Freeze told reporters Monday, “I don’t discuss my job status, good or bad. I don’t think anything good comes from that. My family and I are extremely happy in Oxford. I love working for Chancellor Dan Jones and (athletic director) Ross Bjork. We’re extremely happy. I will say this: I have great admiration for Will Muschamp. Your heart goes out to him. The way he’s handled the adversity I think is a great lesson for a lot of us that we can learn. My total focus is on getting our kids ready for Arkansas.” Bjork said Monday that the school is currently negotiating with Freeze on a new contract for the third time in as many seasons and expects to have a new deal in place when the season is over. Freeze currently has a four-year deal with an annual base salary of $3 million.

A non-denial if I ever heard one.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Does nothing for me at all. If you have watched his teams play now that they are competitive within the league, he has proven to be an awful manager of the game. All you had to do was watch the LSU game to understand that he has no concept of game management. Freeze is in the category as Mullen, Rich Rod, Fedora, Kingsbury, Holgerson,Gundy, Leach, Dykes, etc. etc. Glorified high school coaches.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n111836 said:
Could post a link to his denial someone said this earlier

"I don't discuss my job status, good or bad," Freeze said. "Nothing good comes from that. My family is extremely happy in Oxford."

Not exactly "I'm not a candidate, I'll never leave, not interested."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n111846 said:
Does nothing for me at all. If you have watched his teams play now that they are competitive within the league, he has proven to be an awful manager of the game. All you had to do was watch the LSU game to understand that he has no concept of game management. Freeze is in the category as Mullen, Rich Rod, Fedora, Kingsbury, Holgerson,Gundy, Leach, Dykes, etc. etc. Glorified high school coaches.
So....I take it you wouldn't approve of the hiring of Hugh Freeze?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
FireFoley;n111846 said:

Beat it Rebel. We're taking him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n111843 said:
Asked to comment on the Florida job, Hugh Freeze told reporters Monday, “I don’t discuss my job status, good or bad. I don’t think anything good comes from that. My family and I are extremely happy in Oxford. I love working for Chancellor Dan Jones and (athletic director) Ross Bjork. We’re extremely happy. I will say this: I have great admiration for Will Muschamp. Your heart goes out to him. The way he’s handled the adversity I think is a great lesson for a lot of us that we can learn. My total focus is on getting our kids ready for Arkansas.” Bjork said Monday that the school is currently negotiating with Freeze on a new contract for the third time in as many seasons and expects to have a new deal in place when the season is over. Freeze currently has a four-year deal with an annual base salary of $3 million.

A non-denial if I ever heard one.

Wow. He totally dodged that question. If we are truly making him an offer there would have to be some interest on his side

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Freeze grew up in Oxford yet went to college at Southern Miss. Does anyone one have information on if he applied to Ole Miss and was rejected? I can't imagine why he wouldn't have applied to Ole Miss. I'd wager they rejected him. Maybe he should reject them this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator