Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;111989 said:
Nearly last in the Sunbelt (9th I think in passing and below him is Ga Southern).

Now get this dung out of this thread. That option monkey would be a disaster, and we have other threads for you to bring up shiiity non-candidates. Ox gave you the ground rules on the first page.

:lmao:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Fun N' Stun;n111857 said:
Freeze grew up in Oxford yet went to college at Southern Miss. Does anyone one have information on if he applied to Ole Miss and was rejected? I can't imagine why he wouldn't have applied to Ole Miss. I'd wager they rejected him. Maybe he should reject them this time...

I don't think people get rejected from Ole Miss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I thought Ox had died and I had inherited the board already.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Ole Miss has signed to play Florida State on September 5, 2016 in Orlando. Freeze could come to UF and beat them a year early.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Bovada has pulled their Future Florida coaching odds.
Hmmmm?
Deal in place?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n111970 said:
I like him as a candidate though. I'd take him in a heartbeat. It'd be a great hire for us. I'm not hating on him at all. It's the circumstances.

Huge difference.

People change, situations change, priorities change. I wouldn't be surprised if we hired him. These kind of things are quoted all the time for reasons why someone won't take a job but they are almost always wrong. NCAA head football coaches who are worth a salt are very driven and motivated individuals. They want the best return on their time. Plain and simple that is Florida.

But we'll see what happens. Enjoy the ride. :cool:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will take him but what says this is a home run hire? What has he done? Offense stats? We know he is a great recruiter but what else about him makes him the perfect or great hire at UF??

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n112047 said:
I will take him but what says this is a home run hire? What has he done? Offense stats? We know he is a great recruiter but what else about him makes him the perfect or great hire at UF??

#1 scoring defense this year isn't too bad. His offenses have been pretty good considering he doesn't have top notch talent there. He'd kill it with the talent we have on our roster, and he'd be able to replenish it every offseason.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My gut tells me he is a Mississippi man. I still think we are getting Spoops...I mean Sturrier...ah hell, you know what I mean. Stoops...with SOS in the background.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see him leaving Mississippi short of him being fired.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze comes here and wins a NC in 5 years. Now he can go back to ole miss to retire/coach there. You really think they won't take him back as a NC coach? Yeah right. Everyone's a winner here folks ;)

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n111735 said:
He's a native Mississippi boy. Color me highly skeptical of him leaving what amounts to his "dream job". Of course, money in sufficient quantity has been known to persuade people to do the unexpected.
It's hard to believe that a Mississippian wouldn't dream of leaving Mississippi. I've been there too often to doubt it.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n111799 said:
He caught lightning in a bottle the year he had an awesome class. Not saying he's not a good recruiter, but he had the #1 recruit's brother who was a shoe in. Nkimdechi (spelling) did most of the heavy lifting for that class
Well, maybe if we get him, he can bring some of them along. We're going to need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.