***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Never said Gville was utopia. Just prefer it to Oxford. I lived in Gville for 9 years and MS. I never lived in Oxford but I've been a few times and other than Ole Miss there's nothing..just like Gville and UF.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MidwestChomp;n112155 said:
Never said Gville was utopia. Just prefer it to Oxford. I lived in Gville and MS. I never lived in Oxford but I've been a few times.
I have never lived in MS, because it is MS.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ray Finkle;n112165 said:

You are lucky. Although Ocean Springs along the coast is rather nice.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n112165 said:

I had to travel throughout MS for work for several years. Its like you stepped back in time about 40 years.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n112179 said:
I had to travel throughout MS for work for several years. Its like you stepped back in time about 40 years.
I mobilized out of Camp Shelby. Never will I return to MS

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think its pretty widely considered that Ole Miss has the best looking girls in the SEC.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n112101 said:
From what I was told Foley expects to land him, which implies they have already spoken. Now, there's no doubt Ole Miss will try to keep him with a hell of an offer of their own.

Ox, this is one case it will pay to work quickly on. You know they are
about to rewrite his contract and you can bet it will include a huge
buyout clause. Foley acting quickly in this case could save millions.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fwiw from rotoworld:

According to the Associated Press, Mississippi AD Ross Bjork is working on an extension for HC Hugh Freeze.
We're relatively certain that somebody will coach Florida next season, though it remains to be seen who that mystery man will be. Mississippi is just one of many schools that has tried to squash any and all rumors about their head coach leaving for the Gator job. Mississippi appears to be close to an actual extension with their man, though, making his non-Florida-bolt slightly more concrete. Said Bjork, "Coach knows how we feel about him. We love that he loves being here and his family is comfortable. We'll take the next couple weeks to iron out the details and by all accounts we'll have a new deal for him when the season's over." The Rebels are 8-2 under Freeze this season. Nov 17 - 6:50 PM

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If he signs that extension he ain't coming...I expect them to pony up to $5 mill to keep him.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure how to take this news. I think he's proven to be an upgrade from WM, his offense is vertical, and he's the hot name at the moment. I think we could do better, but that's just me. As for him leaving Ole Miss? I think it depends on how hungry he is to climb the coaching ladder - Ole Miss is not Florida. In most years Ole Miss will have to fight with LSU, AL, TAMU, AU, and now MissSt in the West for a chance to take home the big prize. We all know that the road here is set up to be easier.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a huge Freeze fan, but wouldn't complete oppose him either. But I think he is more of an also ran candidate. He is a Mississippi guy, who I expect to take the contract extension with Ole Miss. He will continue fighting with TAM, and MSU to be the middle team in the West.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think he would be an upgrade without a doubt. However, I think there are better names out there and I don't beleive that he is going to leave his "dream job". I look at it like this. This would be almost as congruent as SOS leaving Floridia in 1998 to coach Texas and "rebuild" their program.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n112196 said:
We're relatively certain that somebody will coach Florida next season
Well that's great news!

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm not saying Freeze is the next Billy D or the bball program was as prevalent as the football program today, but I'm sure people were like WTF when Foley hired Billy D.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;112210 said:
I think he would be an upgrade without a doubt. However, I think there are better names out there and I don't beleive that he is going to leave his "dream job". I look at it like this. This would be almost as congruent as SOS leaving Floridia in 1998 to coach Texas and "rebuild" their program.
I know what you mean, but the difference is that SOS had won a few SEC Championships and a NC by that date - something he will struggle to do at Ole Miss even one time let alone multiple times.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n112213 said:
I'm not saying Freeze is the next Billy D or the bball program was as prevalent as the football program today, but I'm sure people were like WTF when Foley hired Billy D.

Freeze is one of the hot names this year. Every year there is a new hot name. It's not like Donovan in that regard. Freeze is a current head coach with national media tossing his salad when ever possible.

Edit:: Fever corrected me.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
TheDouglas78;n112233 said:
Freeze is one of the hot names this year. Every year there is a new hot name. It's not like Donovan in that regard. Freeze is a current head coach with national media tossing his salad when ever possible. Donovan was a hot assisstant under and established coach who the national media loved.
I thought this only happened in prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member