***BREAKING*** SOURCE: Top target is Hugh Freeze Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
OcalaGator83;n115578 said:
So let me see if I understand this; we're already making the "Nobody could win with those injuries and that quarterback" excuse for a guy some of you are hellbent should be the coach here. You'll forgive me if I'm having deja-vu all over again.

That's understandable. There are definitely some parallels.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We aren't doing the hiring. I'm not aware of Freeze being anyone's #1 choice on this entire board. But he's the guy that's going to be hired, just the same. Going to be a lot of debate about it.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n115573 said:
I thought last year we all agreed that injuries were not a valid excuse for losing? :headscratch:

You didn't hear it from me. Third year coach with bad 1st year recruiting class, bad last class from predecessor and a slew of injuries made last season's results fairly easy to understand.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n115589 said:
If that's the case then at least we can unanimously agree that Foley is a liar.
Foley said he wasn't going to hire Hugh Freeze?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny how people keep on bringing up that Ole Miss has a harder schedule than Florida. So over the last three years comparing the schedules strengths:

According to the formula used for the NFL reference guide the rankings out of NCAA teams in strength of schedule:
2012: UF (3) OM (18)
2013: UF (8) OM (18)
2014: UF(30) OM (6) - Through November 22nd.

This is the first season in Freeze's tenure that his strength of schedule is rated higher than ours. So the argument is that it is easier schedule at Florida or that he should get a pass due to a harder schedule is not an argument at all.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Ole Miss offense: immobile quarterback and no running game. Plus when Wallace is gone who is going to take over? Buchanan and Kincaide look weak. For all the recruiting Freeze has done how come no player development at the QB position?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n115554 said:
I only care about his SEC record. If he finishes 4-4, yes, anyone including our current coach could do that with their talent. In fact, our coach did just go 4-4 in the SEC. And since we play Bama and LSU form the west I'm not buying how much harder it was getting that record in the West. At least we never got shut out.

Shut out? No. But he did manage to BEAT bama. You know...the bama that owned and destroyed our ass.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n115619 said:
Shut out? No. But he did manage to BEAT bama. You know...the bama that owned and destroyed our ass.
:burn:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
lagator;n115554 said:
I only care about his SEC record. If he finishes 4-4, yes, anyone including our current coach could do that with their talent. In fact, our coach did just go 4-4 in the SEC. And since we play Bama and LSU form the west I'm not buying how much harder it was getting that record in the West. At least we never got shut out.

I'm not necessarily endorsing Freeze, and mentioned on Saturday that a game like that was legitimate cause for concern. That said, I can think of a few games under WM where we basically only scored a garbage TD or 2 in the final seconds when the other team's 3rd and 4th stringers were in. 2011 fsu comes to mind, and this year's Mizzou game was right there as well. I get that being shut out is really bad, but the difference between that and scoring a few meaningless points in the closing minutes is not that big, imo.

Good to see you posting, btw.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n115633 said:
I'm not necessarily endorsing Freeze, and mentioned on Saturday that a game like that was legitimate cause for concern. That said, I can think of a few games under WM where we basically only scored a garbage TD or 2 in the final seconds when the other team's 3rd and 4th stringers were in. 2011 fsu comes to mind, and this year's Mizzou game was right there as well. I get that being shut out is really bad, but the difference between that and scoring a few meaningless points in the closing minutes is not that big, imo.

Good to see you posting, btw.

The true cause for concern. We have been comparing to WM on a regular basis when it comes to this prospect. Do we want to really want a coach where we are finding so many ways to compare to the one we are getting rid of?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n115619 said:

Yeah, and we played out of our minds for one game and beat an UGA team we had no business beating too. Every team has a game like that every now and then. ECU/Michigan comes to mind...

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
NavetG8r;n115666 said:
Yeah, and we played out of our minds for one game and beat an UGA team we had no business beating too. Every team has a game like that every now and then. ECU/Michigan comes to mind...

We absolutely have business beating UGA. Talent levels are pretty similar. We may have no business thumping their ass. But many blowouts are games that spiral out of control more than one team being much better than the other.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n115581 said:
That's understandable. There are definitely some parallels.
There are really no parallels. One guy had a terrible offense by design and screamed THIS IS WHO WE ARE. The other guy managed to bring a couple of super elite recruits to Mississippi to play for a team that wears a rebel flag, then used those players to beat Bama. One managed to somehow ruin recruiting at basically every position except CB and DE even though he is at the flagship university at the most recruit rich state in the Union.

Winning 8 or 9 games at Ole Miss or Vandy is vastly different than winning 4-6 games at UF. Vastly different.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n115718 said:
We absolutely have business beating UGA. Talent levels are pretty similar.
That just blows my mind. People said stupid shiiit like that during the Zook years, "he won games he had no business winning."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n115795 said:
There are really no parallels. One guy had a terrible offense by design and screamed THIS IS WHO WE ARE. The other guy managed to bring a couple of super elite recruits to Mississippi to play for a team that wears a rebel flag, then used those players to beat Bama. One managed to somehow ruin recruiting at basically every position except CB and DE even though he is at the flagship university at the most recruit rich state in the Union.

Winning 8 or 9 games at Ole Miss or Vandy is vastly different than winning 4-6 games at UF. Vastly different.

Guys that have won 8 or 9 games at Ole Miss (last 30 years):
Houston Nutt (2)
David Cutcliffe (2)
Tommy Tuberville
Billy Brewer (4)

So lets not pretend that winning 8 or 9 games is some kind of miracle only Freeze could do. As far as recruits lets also not pretend like Ole Miss has never gotten recruits, this hero worship of a guy who hasn't even broken even in the SEC. I guess we all missed when Eli Manning, Deuce McAllister, and others were there because Ole Miss never got good recruits before Freeze, and has never won more than 7 games before Freeze?

2012 (7-6 SEC 3-5):
Wins: Central Arkansas, Texas El-Paso, Tulane, Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh
Loses: Texas, Alabama, TAM, Georgia (12-2), Vanderbilt , LSU

2013 (8-5 SEC: 3-5):
Wins: Vanderbilt, SE Missouri State, Texas, LSU, Idaho, Arkansas, Troy, Georgia Tech
Loses: Alabama, Auburn, TAM, Missouri, Mississippi State

2014 (8-3 SEC 4-3)
Wins: Boise State, Vanderbilt, Louisana, Memphis, Alabama, TAM, Tennesse, Presbyterian,
Loses: LSU, Auburn, Arkansas

For someone who rails on Strong's record, how is Freeze that much a step up? And having watch a number of their games the last few years, there are a lot of parallels between how he calls games and the mistakes we have seen the last 5 years and with the Zook years.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Freeze leaves the comforts of home to come to the pressure cooker that is UF.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze did take over an Ole Miss team that was terrible at the time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n116076 said:
Freeze did take over an Ole Miss team that was terrible at the time.

True, but like Muschamp last year, you can't blame the previous regimes for this year. You also can't blame the past for his in game decision making.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You know 78 you are bringing up alot of good arguments about Freeze. I like him and I think he is a decent coach but not sure he is a slam dunk hire. I will get behind him if he is hired but I really think we can do better and there is no excuse not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.