Not open for further replies.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n116207 said:
We don't have the evidence to support that, because of what we have had a quarterback the last 4 years.

But we do know that we endured sub standard qb play and a change was never made, until the end.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n116207 said:
We don't have the evidence to support that, because of what we have had a quarterback the last 4 years.

But according to champ Driskel was a great QB and was going to make us proud. He had all the faith in the world he could get the job done and said Driskel just gets it. If you have that kind of confidence in your QB, why stay conservative?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n116218 said:
But we do know that we endured sub standard qb play and a change was never made, until the end.

And Muschamp and his staff are fully to blame for that. There is no reason for Florida to go 6 years without recruiting another 5 star quarterback.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n116220 said:
And Muschamp and his staff are fully to blame for that. There is no reason for Florida to go 6 years without recruiting another 5 star quarterback.

Absolutely.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n116202 said:
I'm becoming more and more sure that he is.

You must have started your holiday drinking early. Every single source mentioned, PLUS what came out of Foley's mouth at the press conference, is that offense matters this time around.

He said a guy who's had success on the offensive side of the ball. Not offensive minded guy. Freeze ain't leaving , if he does I'll eat crow but it's seems very unlikely

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n116219 said:
But according to champ Driskel was a great QB and was going to make us proud. He had all the faith in the world he could get the job done and said Driskel just gets it. If you have that kind of confidence in your QB, why stay conservative?

See why I the answer above for why it made sense for Treon not to throw it around. Mushcamp clearly had more faith in Driskel in 2012 & 2013. But Driskel and the offense was $hit this season.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze has to still be in the mix here and would be a great hire. He's one of the really solid candidates that Pat Dooley hasn't crossed off. I know Pat Dooley has a whole lot of jackass associated with him, but he's not a known liar or a guy who gets everything wrong all the time. He claims a long time source very close to the program, and Freeze is one of his guys still out there.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Original DC;n116234 said:
Freeze has to still be in the mix here and would be a great hire. He's one of the really solid candidates that Pat Dooley hasn't crossed off. I know Pat Dooley has a whole lot of jackass associated with him, but he's not a known liar or a guy who gets everything wrong all the time. He claims a long time source very close to the program, band Freeze is one of his guys still out there.
What if Ox and Dooely talk to the same person? :scratchchin:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n116234 said:
Freeze has to still be in the mix here and would be a great hire. He's one of the really solid candidates that Pat Dooley hasn't crossed off. I know Pat Dooley has a whole lot of jackass associated with him, but he's not a known liar or a guy who gets everything wrong all the time. He claims a long time source very close to the program, band Freeze is one of his guys still out there.

Sounds like he's our number one target.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n116205 said:
Coach, what you don't seem to understand is that even if we had a "playmaker" at QB, Muschamp wouldn't let him make plays. We'd be a conservative crap offense even if we had freaking Aaron Rodgers under center.

Running teams like Alabama and Auburn still let their QB pass the football. We do not.

When Muschamp says we are not a very good drop back passing team it speaks volumes. That comes down to lack of faith in QB, the line's pass pro and inconsistent receiver play. That causes the conservative play and trying to manage the game. Every coach(minus the Leachs and Paul Johnsons of the world) would want to take what the defense is giving them. Count the box and make the call at the line. But the lack of faith has us just taking deep shots(a relatively safe throw) in an effort to get people out of the box.
As ugly as that is, that conservative style could very well have won the East if they could have taken care of the football. I doubt that any coach enjoys playing low margin football. Way too stressful.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
ATXGator;n116206 said:
This was really clear during the South Carolina game. There was no reason to not let Treon throw the ball... make some plays and win by 21, but he just kept running... I don't get it. I hoped he would change with a better QB... this was proof that he won't change and it's why he had to go.

Did you see Treon's accuracy that game? Looked like JD on a bad day

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n116256 said:
I doubt that any coach enjoys playing low margin football.
Will Muschamp does. He is Woody Hayes reincarnate.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n116224 said:
Freeze ain't leaving , if he does I'll eat crow but it's seems very unlikely
You keep saying this over and over because you want it to be true, not because you really believe it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n116192 said:
So it's Bo Wallace's fault not the coaches fault for sticking with a quarterback his has a history, but with Muschamp it is the other way around. Double standard much? Nutt didn't recruit well, but he wasn't a great recruiter at Arkansas either. We assume there was no talent, much like the extreme apologists for Muschamp would spout how their was no talent for Muschamps arrive. Again not an excuse. If he is such a great recruiter, then you can't use that excuse in year 3.

Eli was a legacy, but was Duece McAllister, Dexter McCluster, Michael Oher, Mike Wallace? I guess the fact there are 24 active NFL players from Ole Miss just shows (10 less than Florida), so talent isn't an issue. As far as building a dynasty, no one is talking about building a dynasty at Ole Miss... so don't know where you are going with that one.

Cutcliffe couldn't win without Manning who was there from 2000-2003, then why was he 8-4 in 1999? Maybe Manning had 5 years of eligiblity? Cutcliffe was only there one year after he left, so who knows what he could have done. Oregon was a big name and Mississippi was looking for a change going 4-7 after a 10-2 year. Nutt **** the bed his last two years, but he was about as consistent as he was in Arkansas. He never was a good recruiter himself without his Arkansas ties. Tuberville was a good coach, but would he be a coach for Florida. Might be the best name on the list we are discussing, but like Cutcliffe he wasn't good enough for Florida, so why is Freeze?

Consistently getting 6 wins gets you to a bowl game, with their schedule just like ours they should be in one every year. I'm sorry if Vanderbilt and 3 "Who are they" schools don't give them enough leyway to get to a bowl game. That's more of a indications of the poor job their AD is doing in hiring coaches, not of a talent issue. They might have gone to Atlanta, they might not have. They did take care of Tennesse and Vanderbilt, but who didn't? Are they better than Georgia or Missouri, we'll have a better picture when Missouri plays Arkansas. So right now it's just opinion at this point.

Wallace was fine this year until his last pass against LSU, which was entirely his fault. He had some bad luck against Auburn with the player getting injured as they were about to score, but overall he played well that game. The only game he was truely awful was the AR game, and when he was on the bench, his backups weren't doing any better. The biggest difference between Wallace and Driskel this year is that Driskel has really good backups and Wallace doesn't.

I know you will say, "if he was such a great recruiter, then he'll have better QBs" but that is easier said than done at Ole Miss. The state of MS only has maybe 2 good QBs a decade, and that's being generous since Eli was technically from Louisianna. Historically Ole Miss and MSU only get one decent QB a decade to play for them. There just isn't a lot of talent at the QB position in the state, and it's extremely difficult to get an out of state QB to a school like Ole Miss when they have more prestigous schools closer by giving them offers. I have no doubts that Freeze would be able to recruit great QBs to Florida because there are always good QBs near by.

Sure they have been able to get some talent at Ole Miss over the years, but not consistently. It's impossible to have top classes consistently there because there are years where they don't have any 5 star players and are limited on the 4 star guys. The state of Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star talent every year. Put him in a place like Florida, and he'll have no problem getting talent.

The reason why I mentioned building a dynasty is because that's what we at UF want to happen. Spurrier did it, Meyer did it, and we want our next coach to do that. It's impossible to do at Ole Miss, but I believe Freeze is capable of doing that here. He certainly would have more to work with in his first year at UF than he did at his first year at Ole Miss.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n116262 said:
Will Muschamp does. He is Woody Hayes reincarnate.

Why would a defensive coach, who understands what's tough to defend, play a style that's not? He obviously sees some limitations that forces his hand.
Coach has said multiple times that they need more explosive plays in the offense because its to difficult to put together 15 play drives in this league. He has no desire to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust no matter how often you paint him with that brush.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n116267 said:
Why would a defensive coach, who understands what's tough to defend, play a style that's not? He obviously sees some limitations that forces his hand.
We've asked "why" over ten million times in the last four years over every head-scratching aspect of the the football program. The answer is because he's an awful head football coach. It's the only reasonable conclusion after all this time.

The "limitations" are his brain and/or his stubborn pride.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n116267 said:

What will you ever do with yourself when the chump is finally gone?
:wobble:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator