Bret Bielema FIRED from Arkansas

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
"....and Gus was like, shut up!"

You know what’s interesting...it appears the video was altered, right after she says she loves Cam but don’t tell Gus. You can hear it skip. I seem to recall when I first saw the interview years ago that she was saying things like “yummy” and smacking her lips as she talked about Cam along with saying some other things about him that were suggestive (and I’m not embellishing this). That’s how I remember it but for the life of me, every version I’ve watched tonight doesn’t have that part included. It was really bizarre.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It would be interesting for Alex the Gator to comment. Perhaps the new chart over ruled the other portion of the original contract, I am not a lawyer.

You get what you bargain for, look at Mac for an example.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Thats a lot of money for one of the worst coaches in SEC history.

It is getting to the point where the incentive is for a well thought of coach to take a new job, barely fail and get fired at the new job and then take another job so that you can make big dollars without the big dollar pressure. One could argue that has been the strategy of the last two hires in football at UF.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They had him on the coaches roundtable on ESPN Monday during the semifinals with Fedora, Babers, Patterson, Holgerson, and Kingsbury. He was actually quite impressive. Kingsbury just sat there.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How great would it turn out that schools of other conferences hire these SEC-flops (Mac, Bielema, etc.) and they win those conference titles = :bwahaha:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Apparently the buyout is less than originally reported:

Arkansas: The school has announced that former head coach Bret Bielema will receive $11.935 million in buyout, paid in monthly installments through 2020.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Offset by future employment. WTH? Does Jeremy Fooley know about this odd contract provision?

Where is PDS? He claims this is impossible.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Apparently the buyout is less than originally reported:

Arkansas: The school has announced that former head coach Bret Bielema will receive $11.935 million in buyout, paid in monthly installments through 2020.

Your pay me $300k per month for 3 years to do nothing , I doubt that there would be any offset for future employment

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Your pay me $300k per month for 3 years to do nothing , I doubt that there would be any offset for future employment
No doubt. Essentially, unless you landed an even higher salary, you'd be working for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.