Caleb Brantley charged with Battery/Video released

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

:facepalm:
Give me a break. After all the Winston types and gunsters that get drafted, this is the guy with too many red flags?

Who is Tom Pelissero amyway?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
See my response to Nav. Don't you think teams made some inquiries and did some leg work on what happened?
No. If they even saw the video, there would not be a question. They read the initial headline stories and hopefully a police report. The Brantley punched a woman headline was hanging around a couple of weeks at least.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Entirely possible. Seems odds though. Other teams have taken questionable guys. I hope he is innocent. He is also the poster child for staying out of the bars/clubs until after the draft.
I think it is the timing as much as anything. People tend to be lazy.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well he is losing a couple of million as of right now.
Clearly more concerned about clearing his character than paying her off pre draft.

If this had happened a month or more ago and played out, I think the results for him would be different. For one thing it wouldn't be fresh in the public mind. And I bet Goddell has some advice circulating on appearances when it comes to assaults on women. They probably don't care what really happened this close to the draft.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I'm curios what the other flags were. Was he ever in trouble at UF that we know of?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm wondering if the Browns called Brantley before they picked him and quizzed him a bit.
In the long run - it's going to come down to the legal system sorting it out.
What a kick in the sack regardless of the outcome.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Mac needs to get to the bottom of this. Throwing former players under the bus like that looks bad even if true.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
WTF? Sounds like a hatchet job. Great recruiting PR. That coach should be fired immediately. I want to hear what Mac thinks about that.

Please be Nord or Nuss, please be Nord or Nuss, please be Nord or Nuss!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WTF? Sounds like a hatchet job. Great recruiting PR. That coach should be fired immediately. I want to hear what Mac thinks about that.

Yeah...not something that should have been leaked. I'm sure it happens a lot though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator