Can we put aside this myth that Drew Lock is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hope, Missouri has kind of been a thorn in our side since coming into the league.
Missouri has been in the SEC during the Muschamp and Butters years. Hell, VANDY was a thorn in our side during those years because of hideous coaching.

They are a terrible team. Just awful.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lock has 15 TD passes against UT Martin, Wyoming, Purdue, and Memphis. :facepalm:

Franks has had a MUCH better season.
That’s what I’m saying. Posters here talk about Franks like he’s not fit to make an NAIA roster, and his numbers are arguably better than Lock’s.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Henderson is starting. I'm expecting between 3 and 7 pick-6's in this game.

Dude, that made me laugh out loud. Good stuff!!

I'll say this; he may not be "good" (by some people's definition)...but he ain't bad. I think we have to play a good game. Their losses have been to good teams, except the South Carolina game turned into a rain storm and SC got a lucky win (if you watched the game you know what I'm talking about - Missouri was up 2 scores before the rain started).

Like @Captain Sasquatch said, their run game is actually pretty good. We need to play disciplined football....and stop turning the damn ball over on offense!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We scored 16 on Kentucky.
We're not playing Kentucky this week. Not sure what your point is.

People say Lock is Favre - the numbers dispel that. People say Missouri has the running game of 1995 Nebraska - the numbers dispel that, too.

My point is that Missouri is not a good SEC football team. Their record and the stats back that up. Strongly.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We're not playing Kentucky this week. Not sure what your point is.

People say Lock is Favre - the numbers dispel that. People say Missouri has the running game of 1995 Nebraska - the numbers dispel that, too.

My point is that Missouri is not a good SEC football team. Their record and the stats back that up. Strongly.

Sure, they're not good. But they damn sure aren't going to roll over for the Mighty Gators. They own a 4-3 record against UF and blew us the F out last year. You think they're coming to Gainesville to take their homecoming ass whipping and go home? There's a reason we're only favored by 6.5 points. If Vegas agreed w/ you the spread would be 14+. They also hung closer to UGA than we did and held Alabama under 40 (the lowest score of their season) - I can cherry pick stats/numbers too. Nobody said they run like 1995 Nebraska.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Really?

We had our best Corners and DBS out.

We were restricted with blitz packages.

We stopped a team for 6 plays on the 1.

Geez, this is year one. Can y'all just enjoy how far we have come.

(Here come the Drunk and Debbie Downers)

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really?

We had our best corners and FBS were out.

It's called football injuries happen, they lost two starting OL.

We were restricted with blitz packages.

Didn't seem to stop us from blitzing (bias confirmation doesn't mean it's right)

We stopped a team for 6 plays on the 1.

Which only helped us on one series.... what about all the other ones.

Geez, this is year one. Can y'all just enjoy how far we have come.

(Here come the Drunk and Debbie Downers)

Then quit acting like he won a national title already as a Head Coach.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think the consensus with Lock is he plays like a damn Heisman finalist every year when he plays us. But sucks every other game.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Then quit acting like he won a national title already as a Head Coach.

This is what bothers you?

Do you remember Addazio?...All the talent in the world and we still played like crap.

National Title?

Mullen did help win 2 for us.

Do you think I'm ok with losing to UK and UGA? Heck NO!!!

But y'all can't enjoy the ride.

LSU was doing the same thing. OH, the talking heads were all down on Coach "O". But they are packing Death Valley now.

I can see we don't have the depth. I can see our QB makes mistakes. And I can see recruiting can get better.

But I also see, we played EJ, we are play young talent and Mullen knows we need better talent.

I also see a Staff that expects more but does not throw people under the bus or panic.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think the consensus with Lock is he plays like a damn Heisman finalist every year when he plays us. But sucks every other game.

That seems to be case with a lot of teams...i.e. UK and UGA

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is what bothers you?

Do you remember Addazio?...All the talent in the world and we still played like crap.

What does addazio have to do with anything?

National Title?

Mullen did help win 2 for us.

Reading is your friend... try it.

Do you think I'm ok with losing to UK and UGA? Heck NO!!!

But y'all can't enjoy the ride.

There is enjoying the ride, and having hallucinations, you are having hallucinations.

LSU was doing the same thing. OH, the talking heads were all down on Coach "O". But they are packing Death Valley now.

First coach O is a fcktard… but it was still a good win aginst a more talented team.

I can see we don't have the depth. I can see our QB makes mistakes. And I can see recruiting can get better.

So by your posts we should stop playing, or all excuses are about depth. We can all see them... suprise

But I also see, we played EJ, we are play young talent and Mullen knows we need better talent.

I also see a Staff that expects more but does not throw people under the bus or panic.

And? What does that have to do with anything I said...other than you trying to change the subject.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What does addazio have to do with anything?

Reading is your friend... try it.

There is enjoying the ride, and having hallucinations, you are having hallucinations.

First coach O is a fcktard… but it was still a good win aginst a more talented team.

So by your posts we should stop playing, or all excuses are about depth. We can all see them... suprise

And? What does that have to do with anything I said...other than you trying to change the subject.

Addazio? We have not played well as an Offense since Mullen left.

WTF is your issue?

Hallucinations?

Please tell me where? What have I said that was not true?

If Coach O is a Fcktard...What's that make you?

Reading is your friend? Really?

We are 6-2. We should have 8-10 wins this year and yet you are all negative. I guessed 8 or 9 but I did not think we would look this improved.

What is this? ... Mullen Derangement Syndrome?

Like Trump, you wanted someone else? So you attack anytime someone points out anything positive.

Here is a hint, there is no Santa Clause (or Easter Bunny)

I wanted Frost or Charlie Strong BUT I am very pleased with Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator