CeCe Jefferson has not signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n172228 said:
Not remotely true.

I'm definitely not one of the conspiracy theorist types on here, and believe that there's typically a level playing field. But I'd put Meyer in the same category as Saban in terms of both coaching and recruiting. And as early as 2008, even on the heels of winning a title and having every ounce of momentum in college football, we already saw cracks in our recruiting, with the most common reason being "playing time". At some point, these kids start looking at depth charts and realize that they're behind loads of talent. From a business standpoint(see Fowler, Greg Reid, etc) it becomes more attractive to go elsewhere. Alabama under Saban may be the only school that doesn't seem to have this problem. Again, not necessarily saying they're cheating. But they seem to be invulnerable to one of cfb's most consistent factors. It's odd if nothing else.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If it's merely no longer having the LOI, I'm quite certain we could arrange to send out another copy. There's obviously more to it than that. Even the tweets don't add up. Much like the whole "committed" thing, I don't think these kids really grasp the full concept of what it means to say"I'm a Gator". It can't be followed up with "I'm just holding out because of a DL coach concern". That's called a contingency and renders the original statement moot. Maybe we botched it with the timing of things, and for that matter, the hiring of Williams in the first place. But again, if you take anything away from this cycle it's that coaches are fluid. If he can't look beyond that, then he's all but guaranteed to be disappointed wherever he lands.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172251 said:
I'm definitely not one of the conspiracy theorist types on here, and believe that there's typically a level playing field. But I'd put Meyer in the same category as Saban in terms of both coaching and recruiting. And as early as 2008, even on the heels of winning a title and having every ounce of momentum in college football, we already saw cracks in our recruiting, with the most common reason being "playing time". At some point, these kids start looking at depth charts and realize that they're behind loads of talent. From a business standpoint(see Fowler, Greg Reid, etc) it becomes more attractive to go elsewhere. Alabama under Saban may be the only school that doesn't seem to have this problem. Again, not necessarily saying they're cheating. But they seem to be invulnerable to one of cfb's most consistent factors. It's odd if nothing else.
They are cheating big time. Trent Richardson proved that to me as I had personal knowledge of his situation. Saban has no DIRECT knowledge of it because he looks the other way just like Bear taught Bobby Bowden to do. The Bama bagmen are slick, though.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@cecejeferson7: Might go to the Florida vs UK basketball game tomorrow!”

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172251 said:
Saban was light years ahead of the 2008 version of Urban Meyer in the realm of roster management and assistant coach selection.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n172271 said:
Lol@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@cecejeferson7: Might go to the Florida vs UK basketball game tomorrow!”

I kind of hope he doesn't. No telling what might be said by some fan to him.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n172271 said:

He clearly wants to be a Gator. One of the other teams in the mix for Cece definitely has the ear of Leo, whether money or a new car or whatever is involved, there is a huge disconnect between father/son.

I will say this much, if Mac knew that our Dline coach was moving on and kept if from recruits, that is pretty shady. I hope that isn't true, but either way, Cece appears to be coming to UF for the school, not the coaching staff, which is how it should be.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n172190 said:
Or the "sack lady" from FSU :lol:

fsu has a lady just for handling "sacks"?

Gotta be a hard job. She's probably juggling a lot of balls. I guess if things blow up in her face she can always get a lending hand from some local sorority interns. I'm sure they're quite handy.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n172270 said:
They are cheating big time. Trent Richardson proved that to me as I had personal knowledge of his situation. Saban has no DIRECT knowledge of it because he looks the other way just like Bear taught Bobby Bowden to do. The Bama bagmen are slick, though.

Whaaaattttt?????? Just because when he went on his visit to bama he was a UF lean and then Saban asked to speak to him in private and excused his HS coach (who was on the visit with him) out of the office? And just because after 15 minutes alone with Lil Nicky he was quiet on the ride home before telling his coach he was going to bama but wouldn't say why? And just because his momma managed to get a house in Tuscalossa that she could not afford and a high paying job in there that she was not qualified for???

That seems shady to you??? Whatever for???

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All my CeCe adrenalin is used up. Wake me up when he makes a decision. Ox can you just stick something up top. LOI in. LOI not in. Went elsewhere.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Alagator;n172310 said:
Whaaaattttt?????? Just because when he went on his visit to bama he was a UF lean and then Saban asked to speak to him in private and excused his HS coach (who was on the visit with him) out of the office? And just because after 15 minutes alone with Lil Nicky he was quiet on the ride home before telling his coach he was going to bama but wouldn't say why? And just because his momma managed to get a house in Tuscalossa that she could not afford and a high paying job in there that she was not qualified for???

That seems shady to you??? Whatever for???

.. and Richardson (who doesn't exactly come from big money) was driving expensive SUVs around? Several different ones, if I recall.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n172316 said:
.. and Richardson (who doesn't exactly come from big money) was driving expensive SUVs around? Several different ones, if I recall.

Yeah, I think he was. Saw a pic last year where current RB Derrick Henry had bought a brand new Charger. The money supposedly came from his "uncle".

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n172318 said:
Cece said Rumph has previously recruited him at both Texas and Alabama

Good. But won't matter is Rumph stays at Texas.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n172324 said:
Yeah, I think he was. Saw a pic last year where current RB Derrick Henry had bought a brand new Charger. The money supposedly came from his "uncle".
Uncle Nick?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172264 said:
If it's merely no longer having the LOI, I'm quite certain we could arrange to send out another copy. There's obviously more to it than that. Even the tweets don't add up. Much like the whole "committed" thing, I don't think these kids really grasp the full concept of what it means to say"I'm a Gator". It can't be followed up with "I'm just holding out because of a DL coach concern". That's called a contingency and renders the original statement moot. Maybe we botched it with the timing of things, and for that matter, the hiring of Williams in the first place. But again, if you take anything away from this cycle it's that coaches are fluid. If he can't look beyond that, then he's all but guaranteed to be disappointed wherever he lands.
Add in the over-signing and grey shirts he imposes on some kids and something smells awful rotten. But as pointed out, nothing will come of it. The one glimmer of light in this is that the SEC imposed the mandatory 4 year scholarship rule. Which will keep Satan from pulling schollys and kicking off non-starters to make room for a bigger class.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n172290 said:
fsu has a lady just for handling "sacks"?

Gotta be a hard job. She's probably juggling a lot of balls. I guess if things blow up in her face she can always get a lending hand from some local sorority interns. I'm sure they're quite handy.

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator