Clay Travis coaching predictions: Mullen to UT, and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Clay Travis just throws crap out on his blogs and articles hoping someone will give him the time of day. This guy knows nothing about the SEC or their coaches.

He's out of Nashville, and his fulltime is sports...so I'm sure he knows "a little" about the SEC. I actually like his show, as he loves to bash ESPN and other ridiculous non-sense (like the thing that UF did about Halloween costumes and "if anyone is offended by a costume and needs to talk to someone call this hotline number"- it was hilarious).

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
He's out of Nashville, and his fulltime is sports...so I'm sure he knows "a little" about the SEC. I actually like his show, as he loves to bash ESPN and other ridiculous non-sense (like the thing that UF did about Halloween costumes and "if anyone is offended by a costume and needs to talk to someone call this hotline number"- it was hilarious).

Let's see...he's predicted at least three coaches for UT, three coaches for Arkansas, two for UF...so far, a firing at Auburn, a firing at LSU, two coaches for Missouri, three firing dates for UT......like I say, he just throws BS on the board and hoping he can hit one or two. It's like saying I can predict when Trump is going to get bashed again. Yeah, it's gonna happen. Just saying he doesn't write anything of real content. Just another trying to get clicks.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If we get Scott Frost then that will send shudders rhrough the rest of the SEC. Tennessee knows Butch is not going to make them a serious contender. The only problem is they are a long ways from getting a coach who can make them competitive. Their fans will be disappointed with a Mullen hire, but who are they going to get? Jon Gruden?:lmao2: Now a Mike Norvell from over at Memphis might give them a shot in the arm.

Mullen would be an upgrade over Butch but not enough of an upgrade to get them to Atlanta. Tennessee is scheduled to pour some big money to renovate Neyland Stadium. Tennessee already has some of the best facilities in the nation. Maybe the facilities, bigger stadium, bigger town, bigger regional and national recruiting base willbo enough to pull Mullen away from the Starkville Sonic and Pizza Hut.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Leach to Nebraska would be a huge get and completely make them relevant. I like that prediction.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
I think UT fans would be ecstatic if they got Mullen. Sure, we know what he brings to the table in Gainesville but nationally I think he’s regarded as a good coach who’s done a good job in that trash heap called Starkville.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullens the only coach to coach 3 QBs to 30 passing TDs and 30 rushing TDs. So he is doing something right with his offense. Tebow, Dak, and now Fitzgerald.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen to UT makes sense. He has enough success to be a candidate, and since UT is obsessed with UF anyways, they'll probably love the idea of "stealing a good coach" away from us since everyone assumes UF is interested in hiring Mullen. Petrino is another coach that I can see end up there.

Norvell to Arkansas makes sense but he will be on the short list of UT too, as well as both Mississippi schools if Mullen does leave. Bielema has a really hefty buyout, so I think it's 50/50 if they will let him go this year or not.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Too much pull to Nebraska for the Gators to be successful on landing Frost.
His heart says The Huskers is the right job for him. And Butters telling
everyone what a thankless gig the job at Florida is doesn't help.
Claims that if his record of 2 SECe titles doesn't prove that Gator Nation
can't be satisfied, nothing will. Also claiming that the death threats were true
and UF just used the story to get rid of him.
My guess is that UF has the best chance of luring Norvell to Gainesville.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think UT fans would be ecstatic if they got Mullen. Sure, we know what he brings to the table in Gainesville but nationally I think he’s regarded as a good coach who’s done a good job in that trash heap called Starkville.
If that were true, why does no one, nationally want him. He has been rumored for basically every job the last 8 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lets put this into perspective. For Rivals bluechippers

Florida 73
Tinerc 12
Mississippi 2
Nebraska 1

If you want to win, you must have the Jimmys and Joes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Too much pull to Nebraska for the Gators to be successful on landing Frost.
His heart says The Huskers is the right job for him. And Butters telling
everyone what a thankless gig the job at Florida is doesn't help.
Claims that if his record of 2 SECe titles doesn't prove that Gator Nation
can't be satisfied, nothing will. Also claiming that the death threats were true
and UF just used the story to get rid of him.
My guess is that UF has the best chance of luring Norvell to Gainesville.
WTF? You have a link to all those quotes or did you pull that nonsense out of your butt?

Frost has no intention of going to Nebraska.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any chance Tennessee goes after bobby petrino? Ive seen his name connected to that one. Also, i seen Charlie strong be getting some interest from ole miss.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, i seen Charlie strong be getting some interest from ole miss.

I think Charlie could do well there, not win the conference or anything, but make it "not easy" on the big dogs of the west.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Leach to Nebraska seems out of left field. I think he’d be a fish out of water in Lincoln. The other names seem to make sense.
I think it makes a lot of sense.

Per Wiki:
Born to Frank and Sandra Leach[2] in Susanville, California, Mike Leach claims Cody, Wyoming, as his hometown.[3] He graduated from Cody High School before studying at Brigham Young University (BYU), where he closely followed the exploits of the BYU Cougars football team. The Cougars, guided by head coach LaVell Edwards and offensive coordinator Norm Chow, played a pass-oriented offense, which was unique to college football at that time. Leach graduated in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in American studies

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Of course, Mullen to Knoxville only if his wife approves.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cowbell hired Croom, so yes.

Who would take the Cowbell job if Mullen leaves, Sumlin?
Something about Ole Miss Rebels seems more uppity than MSU w/ Croom.

I could see Sumlin at MSU if Cousin Eddy were to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator