Clay Travis coaching predictions: Mullen to UT, and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
We would lose to all the teams Mullen has had at Miss. he may not be all world and I don't want him here but you have to see he is a competent coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has become the go-to guy for lazy sports writers who want to speculate.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Leach to Nebraska would be a huge get and completely make them relevant. I like that prediction.

Mike Leach to Nebraska seems out of left field. I think he’d be a fish out of water in Lincoln. The other names seem to make sense.

Agreed. There is no way NEB would take Leach. Yeah, he might win a bit more, but not the way they believe one should win games. Moreover, they want a down to earth coach, not some nutball. Bad fit. Wins more, but a bad fit.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
We would lose to all the teams Mullen has had at Miss. he may not be all world and I don't want him here but you have to see he is a competent coach.
I agree. And I don't quite understand all the dissing of Mullen on this board. He did a good job on Meyer's staff at UF. I don;t know if he could win with Clarabelle but he seems to be good at developing qb's. He has certainly raised the overall competitiveness of Miss. State. I wonder what he could do at a school with more fertile recruiting grounds than he has now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. There is no way NEB would take Leach. Yeah, he might win a bit more, but not the way they believe one should win games. Moreover, they want a down to earth coach, not some nutball. Bad fit. Wins more, but a bad fit.
Honestly, I'd rather have Leach than many of the options commonly mentioned.

I doubt he'd win championships, but it would be entertaining to hear his interviews at least.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've already forgotten.

No thanks. His offense sucked before and after Norvell.

Interesting fact I just looked up on Rivals: both of Norvell's recruiting classes at Memphis were ranked higher than all of Fuente's classes at Memphis.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Leach to Nebraska seems out of left field. I think he’d be a fish out of water in Lincoln. The other names seem to make sense.
I couldn't disagree more. The only place hes had sustained success and built a bit of lore is the midwest at TT. Nebraska is just up the road. Leach back in the B12 is a no brainer.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Amber has always been a Plungerer.
amber is the same UT choade that was around under a different name over the summer/fall period last year. We outted him then and he's not fooling anyone now. Wish I could remember his goofyass name, but just like now, he had a goofyass dork for an avatar, except the last one made this one look like Clark Gable.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like you have a personal problem there boy! BTW, what is your infatuation with whatever a plungerer is?

He's calling you a vol. A few years ago, UT had a player on the team that once raped his own sister (maybe cousin) with a plunger. In spite of knowing this fact, the vols game him a scholly anyways. UT and plungers have been associated with each other ever since.

Also another acceptable term for vols are "buttchuggers" thanks to a UT fraternity.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
amber is the same UT choade that was around under a different name over the summer/fall period last year. We outted him then and he's not fooling anyone now. Wish I could remember his goofyass name, but just like now, he had a goofyass dork for an avatar, except the last one made this one look like Clark Gable.

Sorry to bust your bubble there DSS, I'm a UF fan from Destin.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to bust your bubble there DSS, I'm a UF fan from Destin.
sorry to bust yours, but the buttchugger I'm referring to claimed to be a gator from Destin as well. Ahhhh yes... and now I remember, thank you for that, Destin Don. Afterall, that was your previous name. And when the UT game got near, you admitted in a thread you were a buttchugger.

Now go away troll.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
sorry to bust yours, but the buttchugger I'm referring to claimed to be a gator from Destin as well. Ahhhh yes... and now I remember, thank you for that, Destin Don. Afterall, that was your previous name. And when the UT game got near, you admitted in a thread you were a buttchugger.

Now go away troll.
WRONG AGAIN!......you must be as intimidated as SD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.