Coach Mac gets a raise

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was the assistants salaries. I could be mistaken but Mac is an unproven commodity still. Does this add to his buyout?

The East is/was flat out dog crap. Winning the East really wasn't that big of an accomplishment. He went something like 2-4 vs ranked teams and was destroyed by Bama and Michigan. Let's slow it down a little. I heard all this same crap about Muschamp after the 11-1 near national title season he had.

To the point of a couple posters, I don't mind Foley bumping up his salary. But in no way should we give an extension. But to your point, it would've been nice to give that extra 500K to the assistant pool.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think it was the assistants salaries. I could be mistaken but Mac is an unproven commodity still. Does this add to his buyout?

The East is/was flat out dog crap. Winning the East really wasn't that big of an accomplishment. He went something like 2-4 vs ranked teams and was destroyed by Bama and Michigan. Let's slow it down a little. I heard all this same crap about Muschamp after the 11-1 near national title season he had.

Winning the East last year was like being the smartest retard in a class full of retard's (similar to winning the ACC every year)....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you can't see what an accomplishment it was to win the East with that squad, you may want to stop watching football all together.
Watching the last 4 games he coached almost made me want to stop watching football all together.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
you win the East- "it's crap, no one cares"
you don't win the East- " we suck, we couldn't win the East"

fair assessment?

Total BS and you know it. Do you agree that the East was way down last year...yes or no? Simple question.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the last 4 games he coached almost made me want to stop watching football all together.

Tell it, Brocephus....imma still got it under consideration....just tired of that hee-haw ugly same old shiit with zero improvement week after week....

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The jury is still out on Mac, this year will tell us much more. I doubt he deserves any kind of bump based on what we've seen so far. Any team in the country could have beaten us since Grier took a walk and FAU should have, in our place. What bothered me the most is that he knew Treon was garbage at QB and never tried any other solution, he just mailed in the remaining losses. That's on the coach. But it's a new year coming up, let's see what he can do now. Without additional benefits, please.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To the point of a couple posters, I don't mind Foley bumping up his salary. But in no way should we give an extension. But to your point, it would've been nice to give that extra 500K to the assistant pool.
Well we didn't give him an extension, so nothing to worry about, right?

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Total BS and you know it. Do you agree that the East was way down last year...yes or no? Simple question.

It is down, but hell the ACC and B1G have been down as well and I don't hear ppl bashing OSU or FSU for winning their divisions. It is a starting point.

I'm not here to glorify or denigrate Mcelwain. I am however willing to give him a shot, he deserves that. 1 year in the books and some of you are already starting another coaching search. 1 year in he gets 10 wins. IF he wins 10 games this next year,let me guess you will say "Our schedule is the softest it has been in 10 years". Lol what a joke

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Have you considered the possibility that he knew the other QBs were garbage?

You never know that until you put the kids on the field. Treon sucked - a loss in the making before the game started and everybody knew it. When you have nothing, try something different. Mac didn't, and the fact that there was zero backup QB development behind an incompetent starter is also on the coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.