Coach Mac gets a raise

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
What bothered me the most is that he knew Treon was garbage at QB and never tried any other solution.

It is easy to criticize. Please, enlighten us all on what he could have done. He saw Guy, Grady, Proctor, Fallace, and Gornto is practice. He had seen what they could do and still elected to go with Treon. So what else could he had done?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of our fans are some whiny dumbasses. I remember a thread not too long ago about highest paid coaches in the SEC, everyone complained that Mac was too low and needed a boost, Foley is cheap. He gets a raise after taking a team that had no business being bowl eligible and won 10 games, and yet people b!tch. Amazing

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Some of our fans are some whiny dumbasses. I remember a thread not too long ago about highest paid coaches in the SEC, everyone complained that Mac was too low and needed a boost, Foley is cheap. He gets a raise after taking a team that had no business being bowl eligible and won 10 games, and yet people b!tch. Amazing

This is incorrect. I think people were upset that Foley tried to be the smartest man in the room by trying to find that diamond in the rough instead of going out and hiring the best we can hire. We're at a stage with our programs where we don't have to scour mid-tier league for the hopefully...next big thing.

You pumpers are really coming off pretty whiny yourselves.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I'm new here...so I probably missed the whole coaching hire thread.

Who did you guys want? (Realistically)

Who do you think would have turned the program around in year 1?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You never know that until you put the kids on the field. Treon sucked - a loss in the making before the game started and everybody knew it. When you have nothing, try something different. Mac didn't, and the fact that there was zero backup QB development behind an incompetent starter is also on the coach.

Yet Jacob Guy was all the rage in Mac's spring practice pressers.....

:wtf:-----don't tell me Mac is not a straight shooter??

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You never know that until you put the kids on the field. Treon sucked - a loss in the making before the game started and everybody knew it. When you have nothing, try something different. Mac didn't, and the fact that there was zero backup QB development behind an incompetent starter is also on the coach
One part of me was very pissed at the end of last year because of this. The other part also realizes that we had huge holes on the offensive line and quite possibly the worst FG kicker ever. All that being said there shouldn't be any excuses for not being able to have a functional back up QB this year as well as a much better offensive line which should equal a better offensive product for the entire year. As others have mentioned we really should be in a position to win the east quite easily.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is incorrect. I think people were upset that Foley tried to be the smartest man in the room by trying to find that diamond in the rough instead of going out and hiring the best we can hire. We're at a stage with our programs where we don't have to scour mid-tier league for the hopefully...next big thing.

You pumpers are really coming off pretty whiny yourselves.

Who do you suggest we should've gotten over Mac? Bob stoops, Nick Saban? We weren't pulling either away. Mac was one of the best hires possible IMO. And he proved that last year

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im pretty sure Mac will turn this ship around and bring us back to prominence and I am considered a pumper here. That all being said, the raise was not warranted yet. It should have waited until he takes us to Atlanta this year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i really don't know what you expect. Treon was never going to win us a title, and I highly doubt the other backups could do any better. I think Mac kept hoping that it would finally click for Treon. But there was no way he was going to hinder the development of the other offensive players by changing the offense for Treon. There were wide open receivers nearly every play. Could Jacob Guy do better? We'll never know, but i'm guessing the TOs would have been all over the place.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who do you suggest we should've gotten over Mac? Bob stoops, Nick Saban? We weren't pulling either away. Mac was one of the best hires possible IMO. And he proved that last year

See the post right below yours. I have mad respect for Gatormandan. I think Foley could've hired a card board cut out and you'd be saying the same thing. It doesn't matter what I say you'll argue about it. Zero point. Sorry...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
But there was no way he was going to hinder the development of the other offensive players by changing the offense

So changing the offense to try to win an SEC title isn't worth or worth the sacrifice of the development of other players....knowing you have all spring to DEVELOP. This is just a very poor argument.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So changing the offense to try to win an SEC title isn't worth or worth the sacrifice of the development of other players....knowing you have all spring to DEVELOP. This is just a very poor argument.

Thinking Treon could win an SEC title with any offense style is a very sh!tty argument

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Thinking Treon could win an SEC title with any offense style is a very sh!tty argument

Are you saying the QB whisperer couldn't or shouldn't try?

Come on...not buying it. That development of other players is a freaking cop out. Just another excuse in a long line of them. Wait, I thought it was the offensive line excuse. Oh ****...I thought it was Muschamp's fault. No? Meyer's fault?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm new here...so I probably missed the whole coaching hire thread.

Who did you guys want? (Realistically)

Who do you think would have turned the program around in year 1?
They wanted Saban, Belichik, Urban, SOS or Knute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.