Coach Mac gets a raise

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No real issue with the raise, and agree with the general sentiment that an extension would be unwarranted.

But to those comments about the East being down, that's basically been the case since '09. The flash of UF/uga in 2012 was about as close to having a competent division as we've seen since Tebow. It was no weaker than '10, '11, '13 or '14. And we also didn't simply win it. We were perfect, something that hadn't happened since '09, and really had it wrapped up in Jax. Minimizing what he did this past season, given what he was handed, is ridiculous. It looked much closer to 2005 than any season under Zook or Muschamp.

I'm also glad someone pointed out the inaccuracy of our getting "blown out" in Atlanta. We lost handily, no question. But at one point early, we lead, and kept things somewhat within reach of the team that would eventually win it all. Msu--a final 4 team--was blown out. I don't feel like we were. The same could be said about fsu, as ugly as it was. The only game that was almost out of control from the coin toss was the bowl game. No excuse for that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's embarrasing no doubt, but he was a lifesaver for us. Without him, garbage like Riles and Mike would have been on the field more.
I don't disagree, but with a line that included him was never going to beat Bama

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree, but with a line that included him was never going to beat Bama
It was always going to be a line that struggled with FAU. We are lucky it wasn't a line that got us embarrassed by FAU.

Imagine if there were FIVE Chimp type linemen up there. Imagine Sharpe, Harkless, Dillard, Riles and Mike. To complete the nightmare, imagine Driskel behind that line.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
There is no way Mac passed up a chance to win the SEC just to avoid negatively impacting player development. And if it turns out that I am wrong, then we need a new coach.
Changing the offense would not have won the sec and it would have hindered the team's development. And "no", we don't need a new coach, we just need new fans.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Changing the offense would not have won the sec and it would have hindered the team's development. And "no", we don't need a new coach, we just need new fans.

Yeah...cuz you're a coach. LOL. This works both ways.

Hilarious

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How about a new QB besides Freon would have helped.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I have a confession to make. I am a high ranking member of the Gator coaching staff and I was in the meeting when Mac decided to throw the season. We gave Coach two options:
1) Win the SEC or
2) Continue player development.
And Mac said "**** the SEC, we need more practice". Yep that's what he said.

Some of you people are idiots. I'll leave it to your own discretion to figure out who.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have a confession to make. I am a high ranking member of the Gator coaching staff and I was in the meeting when Mac decided to throw the season. We gave Coach two options:
1) Win the SEC or

Some of you people are idiots. I'll leave it to your own discretion to figure out who.

image_handler.aspx

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
1) Win the SEC or

:scratchchin:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I truly can't argue with this. I think the East has been down for a while and will remain so for the next year or so. The way we played in the last 4 or 5 games felt almost as bad as 2013 to me. Harbaugh took a team that wasn't that much better if at all, well besides QB, and shoved a football up our asses....The Jimbo Circus Show all but shut us out AT HOME with his worst team in 4 years...Bama slept walked thru us on their way to another NC, and we were a missed PI call away from losing at home to a 2 win team in the 11th game. I'm more than a little worried about carryover into this year....
Couldn't agree more with you. And I'd like to add that the recruiting should be further along as well. Yes we pulled a few really good athletes but overall top to bottom it's nothing to jump for joy over.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
It is easy to criticize. Please, enlighten us all on what he could have done. He saw Guy, Grady, Proctor, Fallace, and Gornto is practice. He had seen what they could do and still elected to go with Treon. So what else could he had done?

Good Gawd man, do you even read the stuff you write? You just rattled off 5 different guys that could have at least seen the field, especially in the 2-3 months we knew we were on a sinking ship with Treon. And like I stated before, you never know what a guy will do until you put him under the lights. There was apparently no development behind our pitiful QB situation, none of these backups can run, nobody can throw, nobody can huddle, nobody knows any plays yet most are on schollies at Florida as QBs? So why in the world did we recruit them as QBs? And how do you know that not a single one of them could have lit a spark under our woeful offense? Can you see into the future? If so, I'd like to talk to you about lottery numbers

My wife and daughter called the shot almost every time Treon took the field. Mac could not? You either? The definition of insanity is... playing poor Treon who is in over his head and trying not one single thing else.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Yet Jacob Guy was all the rage in Mac's spring practice pressers.....

:wtf:-----don't tell me Mac is not a straight shooter??

We never saw Jacob Guy, or anyone else besides Treon. Mac makes a lot of money and is paid to put the team in the best position to win. I can tell you how I felt every time he took the field as QB in the 2nd half of the season. How is the team gonna cover for this kid today? Can the D hold them to less than 10 points?

So what got this all started was Mac getting a pay raise of 750K already. I think Foley should have waited a year, but good luck Mac make us a winner now.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
This is incorrect. I think people were upset that Foley tried to be the smartest man in the room by trying to find that diamond in the rough instead of going out and hiring the best we can hire. We're at a stage with our programs where we don't have to scour mid-tier league for the hopefully...next big thing.

You pumpers are really coming off pretty whiny yourselves.
That's rich, coming from someone who spent the last half of the season and all of the signing period, including NSD, on suicide watch.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Thank you Rent Money for your humor, but the answer is still no. Been here a while but don't post everyday just don't have the time to live on the internet. That's why I'm posting at 2:00AM

oh no...That "yes" was me stating that I am indeed a newcomer. Wasn't speaking on your behalf. Maybe I messed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.