Where have I heard this before?
College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A name that hasn't been mentioned yet, in this thread anyhow. Brian Johnson. @soflagator, now that he's the playcaller in Philly, how's he doing? I know they just had 2 bad weeks in a row. But for the most part, does he atleast seem halfway decent. Granted, I don't usually equate college with the nfl. But I figured we'd get your take since you watch every Sunday.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A name that hasn't been mentioned yet, in this thread anyhow. Brian Johnson. @soflagator, now that he's the playcaller in Philly, how's he doing? I know they just had 2 bad weeks in a row. But for the most part, does he atleast seem halfway decent. Granted, I don't usually equate college with the nfl. But I figured we'd get your take since you watch every Sunday.
I'd hire him as HC tomorrow and throw in a years worth of freebies from your mom.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Sofla already wants to burn his house to the ground.... and everyone one on the staff that deals with the safeties and linebackers.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sofla already wants to burn his house to the ground.... and everyone one on the staff that deals with the safeties and linebackers.

Johnson is the least of the problems with Philly’s offense. Hurts isn’t progressing further which is what you have to do when defenses start adapting. You also aren’t going to win consistently or the ultimate prize when your QB is a great runner who can also throw. There’s a reason why there’s zero examples of these that have won a SB.

He’d be a gamble, but at this point who isn’t?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Johnson is the least of the problems with Philly’s offense. Hurts isn’t progressing further which is what you have to do when defenses start adapting. You also aren’t going to win consistently or the ultimate prize when your QB is a great runner who can also throw. There’s a reason why there’s zero examples of these that have won a SB.

He’d be a gamble, but at this point who isn’t?
I was just wondering how well received he'd been in Philly? Is the offense notably better or worse?I really don't watch much nfl.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was just wondering how well received he'd been in Philly? Is the offense notably better or worse?I really don't watch much nfl.

NFL is nearly impossible to judge year over year. Great offense last year, with certain things that stood out as potential problems. Those problems have come to fruition this season. Still, he’s not viewed in a negative light by anyone in Philly. Overall I’d say he’s been a hit.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'd hire him as HC tomorrow and throw in a years worth of freebies from your mom.
Why would you hire him as a head coach? What about his resume screams he is going to be able to handle an SEC level program? I really liked the one year he was calling plays but he has no experience at all in running a program. Id take him as on OC in an instant a give 2 years worth of freebies of your mom but he aint ready to be a head coach. Cant even call him sun belt brian because he hasnt even been a head coach of a high school team...sun belt would be a good start for him. He has a whole lot of muLLLLLLLen stank on him too. Look, Im calling you out because you are so vocal about who deserves to be and who doesnt deserve to be a head coach at UF and dude, he aint ready.
1702848943589.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SO WE CAN FIRE HIM IN A YEAR!
Only if he has two losing seasons and can't out recruit Arky.

But we haven't fired anyone in a year have we? Or even two years EVEN AFTER TWO LOSING SEASONS. No even the most idiotic, cajun simpleton loser gets three years.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you hire him as a head coach? What about his resume screams he is going to be able to handle an SEC level program? I really liked the one year he was calling plays but he has no experience at all in running a program.
Oh yeah, the old bullschiff about how yOu cAnT hIrE a cOoRdInAtOr. Even though Oklohoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oregon, and plenty of others have done it successfully and repeatedly.

You cant hire an idiot coordinator like Zook. (Mullen and Slingblade fall in the failed prior coordinator box that somehow fell upward.) But winning a season or two at G5 doesnt mean schiff either. Meyer didn't learn to win at G5. He learned to win at ND (mostly be NOT doing what the ND staff did). In reality both he and SOS were born winners. They didn't learn it at lesser schools.

The best bet is to land the best OC you can and promote him.

All this bullschiff about a "CEO coach" is just that. You have your CEO coach now and he isn't good at literally ANYTHING.

Dumbfuchs Kirby has gotten very little from elite talent bc he cant fuchsing score. He just got damn lucky to beat Saban once with Saban severely shortstaffed (after Kirby got blown out in Atlanta a few weeks prior) and another year where he didn't have to face Saban at all. Saban has had little success either outside of hiring Kiff and Sark on the cheap because of their character flaws, and he gets to hire anyone he wants (and several spares OCs in waiting in his fired HC rehab program) at any price he wants. He doesn't shop for OCs on the bottom shelf like we do.

We will NEVER do what it takes to land 3x the talent as the elite teams regardless and win the Kirby way. Hell Slingblade can't beat teams with 3x the talent anyway.

You keep hiring G5 schiff and the best you will get is Drinkowitz.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Oh yeah, the old bullschiff about how yOu cAnT hIrE a cOoRdInAtOr. Even though Oklohoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oregon, and plenty of others have done it successfully and repeatedly.

You cant hire an idiot coordinator like Zook. (Mullen and Slingblade fall in the failed prior coordinator box that somehow fell upward.) But winning a season or two at G5 doesnt mean schiff either. Meyer didn't learn to win at G5. He learned to win at ND (mostly be NOT doing what the ND staff did). In reality both he and SOS were born winners. They didn't learn it at lesser schools.

The best bet is to land the best OC you can and promote him.

All this bullschiff about a "CEO coach" is just that. You have your CEO coach now and he isn't good at literally ANYTHING.

Dumbfuchs Kirby has gotten very little from elite talent bc he cant fuchsing score. He just got damn lucky to beat Saban once with Saban severely shortstaffed (after Kirby got blown out in Atlanta a few weeks prior) and another year where he didn't have to face Saban at all. Saban has had little success either outside of hiring Kiff and Sark on the cheap because of their character flaws, and he gets to hire anyone he wants (and several spares OCs in waiting in his fired HC rehab program) at any price he wants. He doesn't shop for OCs on the bottom shelf like we do.

We will NEVER do what it takes to land 3x the talent as the elite teams regardless and win the Kirby way. Hell Slingblade can't beat teams with 3x the talent anyway.

You keep hiring G5 schiff and the best you will get is Drinkowitz.
triggered GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.