Coaching candidates for 2024

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They don't have the better team. They are basically a top 40 roster. We have a top 15.

Slow down on the ganga.

They may have been playing better than us, but no, they are nowhere near as talented across the board. Mizzou should be an 8-4 every season, even in their good years. They should never be winning against UF, tenn or uga. Those should be pencilled in and then a West opponent or slip up game somewhere else. The problem is we haven’t held up our end of the bargain and the vols were off as well. Therefore 8-4 becomes 10-2. Literally has nothing to do with them at all. Solid team, similar to playing at MS St. But nothing more.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
for the record, id take most anyone thats displayed competence and some genius at a P5 or NFL level over simple bill at this point. doesnt mean they are the first look or even the 2nd, but compared to someone who should have never even been worthy of a convo? yeah... ill take em.

right now the only thing tater MIGHT be an improvement on from the last 3 stiffs is crootin, and i have a feeling in a week, and then confirmed in another 2 months, we will find out he's no better there either. he's been a complete disaster in every aspect of football so far. the last time we saw that, his name was willy taggert and he didnt even make it to the halfway point of season 2.

i understand that we have to give him time and all that or else we will be worse for it and the media will trash us, no one will want to come here and all that. I mean i do get it, just look how bad fsu turned out :lol:
Im not sure I would take anyone over Napier but Johnson could fall on that list, but I dont think Johnson is the hOt sHoT Oc we tend to give him credit for because that 2020 season had a lot of issues going on that we kinda lump onto muLLLLLLLen that might have some Johnson in it. Trask looked great tho.

I kinda think Napier should get credit for building that support staff that a modern program should have as well as being much better at assessing talent. I'd take that over a lazy pos like muLLLLLLLen every single day. But like Napier's offense, its lethargic and slow deliberately, which is quite frustrating. We should be killing it in the portal right now since we are a program with deep pockets and a huge support staff that should already have identified top shelf players but we keep hearing about how 'we aren't going to skip steps in the process' crap.

To me, a self professed Napier pumper from the get go because I fell in love with the words coming out of his mouth about building the program the way we should be built, scared money dont make money aggressive approach and starting by building the program from the line of scrimmage on out, well, its frustrating because those things didnt really happen except for the support staff. Even though he did get the staff built, its slow. Our money was scared way more than it wasn't, and as a result we didnt make no money. And even though we did kinda improve the DL the same exact issue with the OL persists to this day which is the main reason we have had a 3rd straight losing season.

Whats even more frustrating is I just dont think no matter what happens next season he will get fired. Im more hoping that he is smart enough to see his faults and address those quickly, and there is some movement there with a couple OL pick ups but the needle really isnt moving much and I think Wednesday is going to come and go much in the same has it has the other ESDs thus far in his tenure: improved class ranking but the OL still sucks.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda think Napier should get credit for building that support staff that a modern program should have
here's the rub with his monster staff. so far its a total paper tiger. weve had tons of bodies all over the place for 23 months, and yet we are more disorganized than we ever were before. he hired a bunch of people but has no ability to manage them and the program is devoid of any direction. napier is the captain of a listless ship. its loaded with people, but they are all milling about randomly.

to me his staff is another negative. if we are gonna suck, we can suck without that major payroll. it's not expensive to suck, but napier can't even manage that. I think he's gone 5 games in next year along with his boyfriend scottie.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
here's the rub with his monster staff. so far its a total paper tiger. weve had tons of bodies all over the place for 23 months, and yet we are more disorganized than we ever were before. he hired a bunch of people but has no ability to manage them and the program is devoid of any direction. napier is the captain of a listless ship. its loaded with people, but they are all milling about randomly.

to me his staff is another negative. if we are gonna suck, we can suck without that major payroll. it's not expensive to suck, but napier can't even manage that. I think he's gone 5 games in next year along with his boyfriend scottie.

It not expensive to suck, hell a bunch of dudes on here wanted to suck off Napier as soon as the opening press conference was done.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we did, you'd still want Billy gone.
that's a non starter, b/c we wont. and you know it. and because the admin is spineless and hasnt jettisoned this potato we are going to see year 3 where he will still suck like a vacuum and leave no doubt, not that there ever should have been after the abortion of a season we just witnessed.

jake gyllenhaal GIF

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Yeah...you just basically said what I said in my 3rd paragraph. Im thinking about the next guy to take over that staff.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yeah...you just basically said what I said in my 3rd paragraph. Im thinking about the next guy to take over that staff.
Hopefully, the next HC will immediately hire a "Chief of Staff" to create order from this fire drill, if that makes sense.? Then new HC can do **** like hire competent football position coaches, talk to each of the gazillion recruits and portal studs brought to him courtesy of a gazillion staff analysts. No mo micro managing

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hopefully, the next HC will immediately hire a "Chief of Staff" to create order from this fire drill, if that makes sense.? Then new HC can do **** like hire competent football position coaches, talk to each of the gazillion recruits and portal studs brought to him courtesy of a gazillion staff analysts. No mo micro managing
Trim the fat. Fire and hire his staff for the positions. Synergize and create a cult of personality. Point was, we aren't a fixer upper anymore at least, we have everything here and any coach worth a damn will see that. The flagship uni in the most plentiful state of recruits that borders another top state of recruits. A national brand. Instead taking the slow process, hit the portal hard and flip the talent, start winning and get the high school kids watching again. Florida kids staying home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.