Recruiting Confirmed visits this weekend

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Nobody wants to come because of the lack of commitment (from UF) for our football program,the piss poor facilities and these bums we have as coaches...Period! These kids know what is going on and they realize UF is a "dumpster fire program" who isn't willing to spend the money to get sh*t fixed!
Yeah, especially with alumni posts like this one. SMDH

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Since we have room for 35, what's wrong with this picture? WTF are these coaches doing?

That is an excellent question and one that has to baffle just about everyone. What are we saving these schollies for? Why have we continued to not reach our quota every year while other teams continually find loopholes to over sign? What about our severe lack of depth and yearly injury problems do these guys not get? Of course I wouldn't want us to sign just anyone, but there are plenty of kids who can play in the SEC that would love to go to Florida but end up at a school without as much football prestige. And why can't we recruit our own g'damn state? Why are schools from outside Florida continuing to pillage our state while we sit around with our thumb up our ass?
:gah:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's another waste of time by this staff (bringing in another OL who's committed to Alabama):

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/alabama-commit-florida

Kendall Randolph, a 4-star offensive tackle from Madison, Ala., is eyeing a trip to UF next month.

“Florida is talking heavily to me,” Randolph told SEC Country. “I plan on taking an official visit there Jan. 17. I just want to see how the campus is and see what Florida is like.”

Randolph is one of four offensive tackles committed to the Crimson Tide, while the Gators have just one pledge at the position (Kadeem Telfort). Telfort will visit UF this weekend along with Leatherwood.

Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers has been selling early playing time to Randolph, a U.S. Army All-American.

“Coach Summers has been telling me that if I go to Florida I could possibly get on the field early,” Randolph said. “That’s really not how my mindset is. Wherever I go — if I push myself — I’m going to get on the field regardless. It really doesn’t matter to me how many commits there are. I know I’m going to work hard and get on the field somehow.”

Randolph is ranked the nation’s No. 22 offensive tackle and No. 195 overall recruit. Following his trip to UF, the 6-foot-5, 290-pound prospect is scheduled to officially visit Alabama on Jan. 22.

Despite his interest in the Gators, Randolph claims he’s solid with the Crimson Tide.

“I’m pretty locked in with Alabama,” Randolph said. “I’ve been an Alabama fan since I was young. It really can’t get better than Alabama. Fans shouldn’t worry about the (Florida) visit at all. I love Alabama and that’s where I want to spend my four years.”

:facepalm: Holy crap.

He has pretty much stated the main reason he wants to visit, "I just want to see how the campus is and see what Florida is like."

And as Sofla said, we don't seem to be delivering a message that resonates. We have no recruiting juice or sales acumen. We're all about chasing after already committed guys and just hoping.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I figured something was up this weekend football related b/c I was over at the stadium earlier today trying to exercise and I noticed the field looked outstanding, even in better condition and painted better than any game day I saw. So I doubt it will help but they are pulling out the stops they have. Just keep Butters away from them all!!!!!!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Our staff are some real arrogant dumbasses...

206636171_0021c26a2e_m.jpg

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Assuming all this is true, why would any nat'l champ caliber coach who wants to win take the job once Mac is canned? Said coach would be coming on board with a roster depleted in talent and numbers, old facilities, and an intense, demands-results-now fan base. Seriously, for all the complaining about Mac (not you in particular, just in general), nobody has explained why we should expect to hire a coach who will be better than Mac at this point (i.e., a coach who will more than Mac did considering the atrocious situation he was handed).
Exactly, no top notch coach will want to come here until we at least have competitive facilities with everyone else.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying Leatherwood ends up here, but word is he knows he will step in day 1 here and has commented that he would have to wait at Bama and doesn't really want to. I think he's more interested than people think.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying Leatherwood ends up here, but word is he knows he will step in day 1 here and has commented that he would have to wait at Bama and doesn't really want to. I think he's more interested than people think.
Thought his family were Gator fans? Word is that if he comes here, we'll have to wait until classes to find out. He's supposedly that intimidated by the Bama staff.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Assuming all this is true, why would any nat'l champ caliber coach who wants to win take the job once Mac is canned? Said coach would be coming on board with a roster depleted in talent and numbers, old facilities, and an intense, demands-results-now fan base. Seriously, for all the complaining about Mac (not you in particular, just in general), nobody has explained why we should expect to hire a coach who will be better than Mac at this point (i.e., a coach who will more than Mac did considering the atrocious situation he was handed).
It's not Mac's fault that the University would rather be an "Olympic sport school" than a football school.

As for Butters getting canned and why would an elite coach be interested. It's simple...they won't be! There's a reason why we settled on our 4-5th choice as HC and did the same with our AD. Strickland has said multiple times he and Foley are great friends so i imagine Foley is spewing his "anti facilities stance" and it looks like Strickland is doing everything fooley tells him 2. Smh...sh*t is unbelievable!

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I've heard that he has alot of interest in us but until I see us flip a kid (of his caliber) from Bama I don't see it happening. However...if we pull it off he's a program changer at his position

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is raw, inexperienced but he has something that you cannot get around = his girth.
John Krahn = 7', 415 lbs. Class of 2017. The biggest football player (college or NFL ever). He's looking
at going to Junior College. If UF has a special relation with a Jr. College, get them to offer him.
inline_1993_57e1a7a637674.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Strickland has said multiple times he and Foley are great friends so imagine Foley is spewing his "anti facilities stance" and it looks like Strickland is doing everything fooley tells him 2. Smh...sh*t is unbelievable!
Is this you analyzing/guessing/whatever or your inside sources telling you?

This is potentially the worst Gator news Ive heard in a decade.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is this you analyzing/guessing/whatever or your inside sources telling you?

This is potentially the worst Gator news Ive heard in a decade.

Heavener Complex
IPF
New Athletic Academic/Life Center
New O'Connell Center in 7 days

:wtf: is wrong with you people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.