Recruiting Confirmed visits this weekend

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Is this you analyzing/guessing/whatever or your inside sources telling you?

This is potentially the worst Gator news Ive heard in a decade.
It's between the two...what I've read and heard. Hell...there's some saying that sometimes last week Mac & Stricklin got into it pretty good about how we're "dragging our feet" on the stand alone facility. Smh!

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Stidham was waiting on us to contact him 6 months ago yet we waited until 2 weeks ago to finally do so. Nothing they are doing makes any sense!

Six months ago I bet this staff thought the QB position would be solidly established with Luke "Clarabelle" Del Rio.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Saw this on another board. Seems like Mac was a disappointing recruiter at CSU also.
So everyone should get used to it.

-----------
To take this a step further someone did a breakdown looking at jim's recruiting at colorado state compared to two other coaches over there. Here it is below:

Saw a post below saying the Gator's werent happy with their class and it got me to wondering how McElwain did at Colorado St compared to his successor (Bobo) and his predecessor (Fairchild)...

....didnt look too good... In the last few years of Fairchild's tenure the Rams were signing double figures of 3-star players... and in Bobo's first full year of recruiting they signed 11 3-star players... But McElwain never approached those numbers signing 3, 7, and 6 3-star players in 2012, 2013, and 2014 respectively...

...each of Fairchild's last couple of classes and Bobo's this year ranked around the top 50 or 60 teams nationally... McElwain's highest was ranked 76th with the others being 82nd and outside the top 100 altogether...

...add to that he was off to a dismal start to the 2015 recruiting class that Bobo inherited in the middle of recruiting season and Jim didnt do so hot at Colorado St and was saved by the fact that he got a couple of high profile transfers and Fairchild leaving him some talent, then he got o
ut before his own lack of recruiting could hurt him...

....he seems to be continuing this level of recruiting at UF... nothing to write home about yet... the recruiting classes he has pulled in thus far just about any coach could have done just on UF's reputation alone... Seems to be a good gameday coach but is lacking in the recruiting area which of course is very important in the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this on another board. Seems like Mac was a disappointing recruiter at CSU also.

-----------
To take this a step further someone did a breakdown looking at jim's recruiting at colorado state compared to two other coaches over there. Here it is below:

Saw a post below saying the Gator's werent happy with their class and it got me to wondering how McElwain did at Colorado St compared to his successor (Bobo) and his predecessor (Fairchild)...

....didnt look too good... In the last few years of Fairchild's tenure the Rams were signing double figures of 3-star players... and in Bobo's first full year of recruiting they signed 11 3-star players... But McElwain never approached those numbers signing 3, 7, and 6 3-star players in 2012, 2013, and 2014 respectively...

...each of Fairchild's last couple of classes and Bobo's this year ranked around the top 50 or 60 teams nationally... McElwain's highest was ranked 76th with the others being 82nd and outside the top 100 altogether...

...add to that he was off to a dismal start to the 2015 recruiting class that Bobo inherited in the middle of recruiting season and Jim didnt do so hot at Colorado St and was saved by the fact that he got a couple of high profile transfers and Fairchild leaving him some talent, then he got o

....he seems to be continuing this level of recruiting at UF... nothing to write home about yet... the recruiting classes he has pulled in thus far just about any coach could have done just on UF's reputation alone... Seems to be a good gameday coach but is lacking in the recruiting area which of course is very important in the SEC.
This really shouldn't surprise anyone.

His incompetence at recruiting was well known by everyone except the pumpers who tried to declare even winning a game or two at Colorado State was akin to doing the same at with the Houston Baptist College of the Blind.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

-----------

Very telling. Signing 3, 7, and 6 3-star players is like UF only signing those numbers of 4-stars. I've said it before, his classes are similar to Butch Jones' classes at UT, minus the numbers (Jones signed a lot more players, over 30 two years in a row when he first got there).

Anyone who thinks this staff is "the answer" is nuts. The writing is on the wall. It's simple arithmetic. The numbers don't add up. Finishing 7th, 8th in the SEC recruiting....signing ZERO DT's two years in a row....signing a 2-star QB....getting blown out in almost every loss (6 of 7 losses).....finishing w/ the 115th ranked offense.....13th ranked SEC offense...etc, etc, etc. Again, it's simple arithmetic. He's done. It's not "if" it's "when". Will it be after the 2017 season or the 2018 season?

Let's hope he lands some bodies to close out this class (like some OL's and DT's) and he leaves the next guy something to work with. He's a failure - on...and off the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's between the two...what I've read and heard. Hell...there's some saying that sometimes last week Mac & Stricklin got into it pretty good about how we're "dragging our feet" on the stand alone facility. Smh!
:banghead:

It never fvkking ends.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This really shouldn't surprise anyone.

His incompetence at recruiting was well known by everyone except the pumpers who tried to declare even winning a game or two at Colorado State was akin to doing the same at with the Houston Baptist College of the Blind.
Agreed!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Playing for McElwain's inept and incompetent offense is the perfect way to kill a potential NFL career......it ain't rocket surgery to figure out that 4 and 5 star players don't want to give him the time of day.

His program has turned into a downhill snowball death spiral....he has no one to blame but himself.

Cut the cancer out before it kills the unit!

Delay will only exacerbate the problem. What a fcking mess.....

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Very telling. Signing 3, 7, and 6 3-star players is like UF only signing those numbers of 4-stars. I've said it before, his classes are similar to Butch Jones' classes at UT, minus the numbers (Jones signed a lot more players, over 30 two years in a row when he first got there).

Anyone who thinks this staff is "the answer" is nuts. The writing is on the wall. It's simple arithmetic. The numbers don't add up. Finishing 7th, 8th in the SEC recruiting....signing ZERO DT's two years in a row....signing a 2-star QB....getting blown out in almost every loss (6 of 7 losses).....finishing w/ the 115th ranked offense.....13th ranked SEC offense...etc, etc, etc. Again, it's simple arithmetic. He's done. It's not "if" it's "when". Will it be after the 2017 season or the 2018 season?

Let's hope he lands some bodies to close out this class (like some OL's and DT's) and he leaves the next guy something to work with. He's a failure - on...and off the field.
Yep...it's clear as day to anyone with an ounce of common sense. In my opinion Dude is in over his head (big-time) and it's not going to end well. Hopefully...after next season we'll go ahead and pull the plug on Foley's 3rd and last failure HC hire.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any further word on staff changes? In my opinion, I do not think Mac plans on firing any of his staff. According to him he was hired to get to Atlanta and he was gotten there two years in a row.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any further word on staff changes? In my opinion, I do not think Mac plans on firing any of his staff. According to him he was hired to get to Atlanta and he was gotten there two years in a row.

Yep Nuss and his #115 ranked offenses got the results we needed. Unbelievable if Mac thinks that is fine.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Still hearing the samething...we should start seeing some changes during the dead period IF we can convince the guys we're after to come. If It doesn't happen then it will be after signing day.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

We'll need a staff that can part the Red Sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.