Could it be this team's better than we and everyone else thinks?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
BearCatGator;n101509 said:
Football is always a game of a couple plays here, a few turnovers there, a lucky call, and a bounce the right direction. The team was one stop away from beating LSU and we the team beat themselves against Missouri. We had 2 or 3 major missed coverage against Bama and if we would have had any offence we could have beat them. On the other hand we were 2 plays away from getting beat by UK and UT. Even last year we were in every game except for FSU. We were one drive away from beating UGA, Vandy, SC, Ga Southern, Miami and we were close in the LSU and Missouri games. A few bounces and we end up being 11-1 last year and 7-1 this year.

Sometimes you just need that spark and maybe Harris is the pebble that starts that avalanche.

It is a plausible perspective, however hatred for Muschamp has poisoned most on this board from seeing any hopeful scenario that includes Muschamp. Even though the sour perspective is understandable, it this is not a quality of high character.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n101525 said:
It is a plausible perspective, however hatred for Muschamp has poisoned most on this board from seeing any hopeful scenario that includes Muschamp. Even though the sour perspective is understandable, it this is not a quality of high character.

Neither is refusal to see what is plainly in front of you.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n101525 said:

Get off your soapbox, Mr. High Character. There are but a few of you left that have any hope of this failure surviving another season. There's a reason for that and it's called RESULTS.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n101521 said:
A few bounces we are also 3-5 this year... that game doesn't mean anything. We are 5-3, last year we were 4-8 similar to 2012 we were 11-2. The few bounces here or there define a coach.

wow I just fixing to type that we're a blown call and a miracle field goal from being 3-5. You make a another good point about lucky bounces, look at les miles. Lucky bounces have made that man rich.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we'll know for sure until we play FSU. If nothing else, the team's confidence is light years ahead of where it was after the Missouri debacle.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n101529 said:
Get off your soapbox, Mr. High Character. There are but a few of you left that have any hope of this failure surviving another season. There's a reason for that and it's called RESULTS.

The poison has also affected your reading comprehension. Nothing was said in defense of keeping Muschamp or keeping him for another season. Only what I have observed while reading your comments.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n101552 said:
The poison has also affected your reading comprehension. Nothing was said in defense of keeping Muschamp or keeping him for another season. Only what I have observed while reading your comments.

What poison? I'm just a realist and know this should have been over last season. My biggest fear giving him another year was he would be able to accomplish an 8-4 record and get yet another. Well, it looks like that could be 7-4 instead. Our entire program will fall to levels we haven't seen in 40 years...including attendance. I honestly don't know why any "real/true" Gator would want that.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Believe I read some comment from the LSU staff after our game, indicating that we were the most talented team they had faced. Since the change at QB that looks to be the case. Looking solid and well coached on both sides of the ball.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n101567 said:
What poison? I'm just a realist and know this should have been over last season. My biggest fear giving him another year was he would be able to accomplish an 8-4 record and get yet another. Well, it looks like that could be 7-4 instead. Our entire program will fall to levels we haven't seen in 40 years...including attendance. I honestly don't know why any "real/true" Gator would want that.

My original post said " . . . the sour perspective is understandable, . . "

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think they'll keep him if we lose to fsu. I don't think he could overcome another loss. I'm not too confident we beat sc.

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
t-gator;n101533 said:
wow I just fixing to type that we're a blown call and a miracle field goal from being 3-5. You make a another good point about lucky bounces, look at les miles. Lucky bounces have made that man rich.

UT is somewhat the same on the other direction. They are always in close games and always seem to get beat but somebody tripping, a weird play, or some kind of penalty. If Les Miles is the Ying of lucky UT is the Yang.
HTML:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n101582 said:
My original post said " . . . the sour perspective is understandable, . . "

Yeah, while acting like you have more character than anyone who voices a negative opinion of the current state of affairs. Seriously, that holier than thou act you've displayed on several occasions is pretty chickensh1t and won't win you any popularity contests. We're all Gators or we wouldn't be enduring year 4 of this crap.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n101593 said:
Yeah, while acting like you have more character than anyone who voices a negative opinion of the current state of affairs. Seriously, that holier than thou act you've displayed on several occasions is pretty chickensh1t and won't win you any popularity contests. We're all Gators or we wouldn't be enduring year 4 of this crap.

5, 2010 wasn't a great year either.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n101488 said:
No if you saw all the problems that our oliine had with Vandy you know the team is not better than we thought. Now we have a QB who makes no negative plays and some better positive ones. Our receivers are still not really getting open either. Lots of room for improvement especially in the dopey penalities area.

Come on man! Did you not see the OL shuffle, due to injuries? Hump moved to left Guard and Green to right Guard. I thought they played very well, despite all the injuries. How many times did Harris get sacked? Nairn! We rushed for more than 200 yards, despite Vandy stackibg the box with everything they could put up there. As for the WR's - they looked open to me and they caught the ball. Not sure what you are talking about, unless you were referring to a different game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n101622 said:
Come on man! Did you not see the OL shuffle, due to injuries? Hump moved to left Guard and Green to right Guard.
Whiskey tango foxtrot.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n101593 said:

I was participating in a discussion and stated my opinion. If I was a popularity whore, I would join the rest of the crowd and grab a pitchfork and torch.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
In regards to my earlier post, I'm not saying I'm for keeping champ but if he wins everything else and keeps the fsux game respectably close I think he will be back. NOW, if he runs the table, he will be back and I will be for it. Recruiting should take a big swing in our direction if we win out crushing fsux nc hopes. You cannot fire the man if he wins out...... Can you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator