Could it be this team's better than we and everyone else thinks?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n101765 said:
Who? I think ANYONE that has a proven track record as a winning head football coach. Are you serious? I'm not saying Stoops, or any of the other unrealistic coaches people keep mentioning. I'm talking about a PROVEN head football coach....which Muschamp is not. He has failed MIS-ER-A-BLY! It's pathetic and if you honestly want to keep him I'm sad for you. The guy has to go. He is NOT coming back next year and all of a sudden becoming a Saban, Meyer, Spurrier, or any other successful coach. Hell, he's not even going to be a Richt, Mullen, or any coach w/ a better than 55% winning record. The guy is horrible and has mismanaged this program to the point of hitting rock bottom....and you're suggesting the best option is to keep him and roll the dice that he's going to OUT OF NOWHERE become successful? That's hilarious! I'd rather see Kerwin Bell (who IS a proven head coach).

To answer your other question, "how many years...?" If we got a PROVEN head coach, I imagine in year 2 we'd be winning again (9-3 or better, year in and year out). This is year 4 and Muschamp has laid another egg.... Sorry to burst your bubble.

If Muschamp beats USC and EKU and losses to FSU he will have a winning percentage of 59.2%... Which is better than your 55%... lets aim a little higher.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I do believe this could easily be a big change in direction for the team. There have been many teams through the years with a ton of talent but bad leadership at the QB position. We have all seen it happen before where a better QB steps in and provides a much needed boost and out of no where the team starts winning. It all begins with the leadership and decision making of a teams QB. If we continue in the right direction. We will witness one of those turn arounds first hand. This team has talent, it just needed a leader to lead them. Someone that they had confidence in to follow.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n101774 said:
No, this team is still not good.

I think we are a good team but not great.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n101774 said:
No, this team is still not good.

NO....your BFF Jeff Driskel isn't playing good anymore. Feel bad for him but it is the truth. The team seems to be playing much better with Treon.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n101808 said:
NO....your BFF Jeff Driskel isn't playing good anymore. Feel bad for him but it is the truth. The team seems to be playing much better with Treon.

Because we beat Vandy? Please, Driskel dominated Vandy in 2012 and we thought we had something good going. See how that turned out. Three simple words to give you pea brains perspective, IT WAS VANDERBILT

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n101787 said:
I think we are a good team but not great.

You probably think your wife is good looking too, but I think it's about time you are honest with yourself.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n101567 said:
What poison? I'm just a realist and know this should have been over last season. My biggest fear giving him another year was he would be able to accomplish an 8-4 record and get yet another. Well, it looks like that could be 7-4 instead. Our entire program will fall to levels we haven't seen in 40 years...including attendance. I honestly don't know why any "real/true" Gator would want that.

+

MJMGator;n101593 said:
Yeah, while acting like you have more character than anyone who voices a negative opinion of the current state of affairs. Seriously, that holier than thou act you've displayed on several occasions is pretty chickensh1t and won't win you any popularity contests. We're all Gators or we wouldn't be enduring year 4 of this crap.

= :hehehe:

You talk about someone else being holier than thou when in your previous post you write, "I honestly don't know why any "real/true" Gator would want that." Now you're saying that that was a joke. I see your quotation marks, but I also see you starting the sentence with "honestly" - so if you were joking, you need to work on your delivery.

...and speaking of holier than thou, I'm so sick of people saying "I'm a just a realist." People only use that when they are defending a negative position. I'm a realist too. ...and I disagree with your perspective, so how 'bout we stop trying to claim the moral high ground by claiming to be a realist?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n101889 said:
+

You talk about someone else being holier than thou when in your previous post you write, "I honestly don't know why any "real/true" Gator would want that." Now you're saying that that was a joke. I see your quotation marks, but I also see you starting the sentence with "honestly" - so if you were joking, you need to work on your delivery.

...and speaking of holier than thou, I'm so sick of people saying "I'm a just a realist." People only use that when they are defending a negative position. I'm a realist too. ...and I disagree with your perspective, so how 'bout we stop trying to claim the moral high ground by claiming to be a realist?

What exactly do you disagree with? Do you think we'll be in better shape by retaining him than hiring someone else?

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
jereed16;n101464 said:
We (he) gave the game to LSU who should've taken BAMA out last night. We (he) gave the game to Mizzou with all the stupid turnovers. We clocked UGA and took care of Vandy. Can one player be the missing link we've been missing? Last year we had the QB carrousel, 2012's performance at the position stunk, and this year had the same poor performance at the position until last week.

It's possible. Then again, if true, it points up the total lack of talent recognition and development in our coaches.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have some good talent on both sides of the ball. Just need our current coach to coach better or get a new coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n101889 said:
I'm a realist too. ...and I disagree with your perspective, so how 'bout we stop trying to claim the moral high ground by claiming to be a realist?
A realist looks at his record, which can only be viewed objectively as a failure. He is at best a third tier SEC coach.

You are just hoping that past performance isn't the best predictor of future behavior, which is silly frankly given that he's already told you over and over that he isn't changing. He said REPEATEDLY that what he learned from last year was he needed more Driskel.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What exactly do you disagree with? Do you think we'll be in better shape by retaining him than hiring someone else?
Maybe it's better if I don't answer your first question.

As to your second question... Now, do I think we'd be in better shape by retaining him? As I have said for weeks now, I'm not sure. Some of that depends on how the rest of the season goes. Some of it depends on who his replacement would be. Would his replacement be a better coach? Would the replacement be able to finish this recruiting class as well as a supported Muschamp would? One of the big issues I have with the way that some on this board post is that they oversimplify very complex things. I'm sure that sometimes it's done because it's easier (psychologically) to view things in a simple manner. Other times, I'm sure it's done to better support opinions that a complex perspective doesn't support as much.

I won't be terribly upset if Muschamp is replaced - especially if I like the new coach. However, I think Foley (who is no fool) is handling this exactly as he should.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n101963 said:
Maybe it's better if I don't answer your first question.

As to your second question... Now, do I think we'd be in better shape by retaining him? As I have said for weeks now, I'm not sure. Some of that depends on how the rest of the season goes. Some of it depends on who his replacement would be. Would his replacement be a better coach? Would the replacement be able to finish this recruiting class as well as a supported Muschamp would? One of the big issues I have with the way that some on this board post is that they oversimplify very complex things. I'm sure that sometimes it's done because it's easier (psychologically) to view things in a simple manner. Other times, I'm sure it's done to better support opinions that a complex perspective doesn't support as much.

I won't be terribly upset if Muschamp is replaced - especially if I like the new coach. However, I think Foley (who is no fool) is handling this exactly as he should.

I think ANY Div 1 coach can do better than 4-8 at Florida. While we are better than last year (hard not to be), we are still an unranked team that has suffered 2 embarassing blowouts and survived an OT scare at home against the worst team in our conference. I've seen enough to feel certain that anyone selected would be an upgrade. As to recruiting, we are in the ditch over the uncertainty and it will only get worse next year if he is brought back again. Why anyone wants him retained is beyond me.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are definitely better with Harris having some experience now. Muschamp is really pushing that Harris and passing narrative every chance he gets now but it may be too late to help out recruiting on offense this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n101993 said:
I think ANY Div 1 coach can do better than 4-8 at Florida.
We have six teams on the schedule every year that are basically penciled in wins over teams that just don't have the horsepower to compete with our roster.

It takes a special kind of stupid to lose those games.

Chimp lost every game except the gimmes in 2011, 2013 (and lost two of the gimmes), and will only win one in 2014 most likely. His record is clear.

7 or 8 wins gets you fired at Florida. This isn't Vandy or Ugly. He knew that coming in.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n101889 said:
+

News Flash: You are not a realist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.