Could it be this team's better than we and everyone else thinks?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have always thought he will be back FG. Can we fire him if he manages to win a couple of games in November?

Yes, because finishing 3rd in the SEC east isn't good enough.

Yes, because 7 wins isn't even close to good enough.

Yes, because the program needs a complete rebuild again and is worse than when he took over.

Yes, because he will be just as fvkking stupid with the next group of Driskels, Dunbars, Burtons, Westbrooks, and Taylors.

Yes, because can't keep his fingers off the offense.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Right. Pulls the "real/true Gators" line then says "we're all Gators."

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Wuerffel, Grossman, somewhat Leak, and Tebow spoiled us.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n101696 said:
You have always thought he will be back FG. Can we fire him if he manages to win a couple of games in November?

Yes, because finishing 3rd in the SEC east isn't good enough.

Yes, because 7 wins isn't even close to good enough.

Yes, because the program needs a complete rebuild again and is worse than when he took over.

Yes, because he will be just as fvkking stupid with the next group of Driskels, Dunbars, Burtons, Westbrooks, and Taylors.

Yes, because can't keep his fingers off the offense.

In fairness, you and a lot of other people said in the offseason that at the very least, we needed to make it to Atlanta for WM to keep his job. Granted, the Bama and Missouri debacles (and Westbrook dropping the game winning TD against LSU) put a damper on the first half of the season, and what would basically be backing into the SECCG in a three way tie wouldn't be as impressive as winning the East outright. But in fairness, you did say he needed to make it to Atlanta to keep his job.

All that to say, once again, that short of actually winning the SECCG, WM's termination would be justified. Although if somehow we were to win in Tallahassee and lose in Atlanta, that would be a peculiar position for Foley to be in. Just playing Devil's advocate here. It's also entirely possible that we could win out and not make it to Atlanta all together, in which case Foley's decision to fire WM would be a lot easier.

So cheer up, boys! You can root for us to win the rest of our games and not have to worry about it saving Muschamp's job if Georgia beats Auburn or Missouri beats Tennessee! You get to root for Georgia again! :dance2:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
At the end of the day, I don't think any of us is blind (there may be some stupid...but not blind). We all saw what was going on. The stubborness from the top man. I don't care how the season ends. He made his bed and it's time for him to go. I honestly can't believe there are people who actually want him to stay on. It's unreal. He's exactly who we thought he was....and we better not let him off the hook! Foley needs to man up....but for some reason, I think Foley is going to make the fool's choice.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kyng;n101709 said:
Wuerffel, Grossman, somewhat Leak, and Tebow spoiled us.

So, the ALL TIME leader in passing yards at the University of Florida gets a "somewhat" ? I will never understand peoples perception of Leak. It must be because one half of his playing career was spent with the Zooker.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Alagator;n101738 said:
So, the ALL TIME leader in passing yards at the University of Florida gets a "somewhat" ? I will never understand peoples perception of Leak. It must be because one half of his playing career was spent with the Zooker.

Somehow I think Leak's career would be looked at much differently if he didn't have those multiple occasions where he ran on 3rd down and slid just short of the 1st down marker.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If the Gators beat FSU the entire city of Gainesville will have to be put on suicide watch.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
To the OP, no. One player is creating things we weren't seeing from this offense before, but I don't think it's better than what it is - a team that isn't consistent on offense. I think Tag's comment about the playcalling and rhythm are also something that has stood out to me.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n101719 said:
At the end of the day, I don't think any of us is blind (there may be some stupid...but not blind). We all saw what was going on. The stubborness from the top man. I don't care how the season ends. He made his bed and it's time for him to go. I honestly can't believe there are people who actually want him to stay on. It's unreal. He's exactly who we thought he was....and we better not let him off the hook! Foley needs to man up....but for some reason, I think Foley is going to make the fool's choice.

OK just who do you think will come here and be better? Also how many years will it take to get our program again adjusted to the new persons desire? Please don't mention any of the several prominant coaches that are not coming here or anywhere.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
VulcanAlex;n101756 said:
OK just who do you think will come here and be better? Also how many years will it take to get our program again adjusted to the new persons desire? Please don't mention any of the several prominant coaches that are not coming here or anywhere.

You are saying not to mention certain coaches names. To me that doesnt make sense. Any name you mention is guessing and could be a possibility. I think a good coach can turn it around in the 2nd year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n101708 said:
Right. Pulls the "real/true Gators" line then says "we're all Gators."

It was done in jest at those that think they are better fans because they continue to support our failure of a HC. Try to keep up.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Coach9;n101741 said:
Somehow I think Leak's career would be looked at much differently if he didn't have those multiple occasions where he ran on 3rd down and slid just short of the 1st down marker.

At the time, I thought the same thing. I remember saying we will never win it all until he sells out on those third down plays. I was VERY happy for him when we won in '06, thought it put some of those slides in the background. Being that the guy playing behind Leak sought contact, didn't help the perception that Leak didn't do everything possible to win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n101756 said:
Oh, it's going to take the new coach a couple of years to get us where we need to be, no doubt. However, if we keep the current staff we'll NEVER be where we want to be. Do you want a couple of years or never?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
VulcanAlex;n101756 said:

Who? I think ANYONE that has a proven track record as a winning head football coach. Are you serious? I'm not saying Stoops, or any of the other unrealistic coaches people keep mentioning. I'm talking about a PROVEN head football coach....which Muschamp is not. He has failed MIS-ER-A-BLY! It's pathetic and if you honestly want to keep him I'm sad for you. The guy has to go. He is NOT coming back next year and all of a sudden becoming a Saban, Meyer, Spurrier, or any other successful coach. Hell, he's not even going to be a Richt, Mullen, or any coach w/ a better than 55% winning record. The guy is horrible and has mismanaged this program to the point of hitting rock bottom....and you're suggesting the best option is to keep him and roll the dice that he's going to OUT OF NOWHERE become successful? That's hilarious! I'd rather see Kerwin Bell (who IS a proven head coach).

To answer your other question, "how many years...?" If we got a PROVEN head coach, I imagine in year 2 we'd be winning again (9-3 or better, year in and year out). This is year 4 and Muschamp has laid another egg.... Sorry to burst your bubble.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n101711 said:
In fairness, you and a lot of other people said in the offseason that at the very least, we needed to make it to Atlanta for WM to keep his job. Granted, the Bama and Missouri debacles (and Westbrook dropping the game winning TD against LSU) put a damper on the first half of the season, and what would basically be backing into the SECCG in a three way tie wouldn't be as impressive as winning the East outright. But in fairness, you did say he needed to make it to Atlanta to keep his job.

All that to say, once again, that short of actually winning the SECCG, WM's termination would be justified. Although if somehow we were to win in Tallahassee and lose in Atlanta, that would be a peculiar position for Foley to be in. Just playing Devil's advocate here. It's also entirely possible that we could win out and not make it to Atlanta all together, in which case Foley's decision to fire WM would be a lot easier.

So cheer up, boys! You can root for us to win the rest of our games and not have to worry about it saving Muschamp's job if Georgia beats Auburn or Missouri beats Tennessee! You get to root for Georgia again! :dance2:

If he somehow makes it to Atlanta, we're all in for another year of Muschamp ball. Like many of us have said time and time again, that was our biggest fear about giving him another year. He would do just enough to justify (in Foley's mind) yet another year. The program is in poor shape, recruting at an all-time low, the fan base is totally disengaged and another year could be disastrous. Scary stuff.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n101742 said:
If the Gators beat FSU the entire city of Gainesville will have to be put on suicide watch.

That's pretty sad considering we would have just beat a hated in state rival. Could our hatred for Muschamp possibly be worse than our hatred for f$u?

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
You know how many years it takes to adjust a program? 1.

The players, fans, recruits and competition know when the "right" guy shows up. I knew that in '80, '90 and '05....and so did everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator