Could it be this team's better than we and everyone else thinks?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alvin York;n103049 said:
Law was right. You are the new Tennessee. You're being comically delusional morphing into Volunteer fans who think one or two victories has us on the way to another National Championship. You are NOT a great team by any measure. Last year you lost to lowly Georgia Southern and this year you suffered a horrible beat down before home fans at the Swamp. These unprecedented humiliating losses would be almost impossible under Visor Boy or Meyer. Face the facts, Will the Thrill is a second rate head coach, Freon Harris is a 10,000 miles from being Tim Tebow and Florida winning the SEC championship is about a likely as Phil Fulmer just saying no to jelly donuts.

^^^

VzOsR.gif

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
He does have a point in that a 2 game win streak, one over the worst team in the SEC, doesn't exactly constitute a dynasty.

Anyway, I agree with Ox, Spurrier will come out swinging. He has nothing to lose. Expect a very aggressive gameplan from SOS.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
Gatoravatara;n101499 said:
I find this really weird as well. I remember looking at Roper's offence while he was at Duke. Then I watch him run the offense at Florida and it looks like the Pease's offense. Really strange. Then I remember looking at Pease's offence when he was at BSU and then when I saw his offense when he was at Florida it reminded me of Cheesburger's offense. Weird how nobody can run their offense with our players.

That's interesting. Brent Pease's offense reminded you of Spurrier's offense, huh. Didn't make that connection.

Let's take a look at the stats
National Championships: 1
SEC championships: 6
SEC coach of the year: 5
Minimum 9 wins in each of 12 seasons
Only college football team to score at least 500 points, including bowl games, for four consecutive years (1993–1996) since the NCAA began keeping statistics in 1937

Brent Pease: ____________

Yeah, that comparison makes sense.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n102978 said:
Are we still basing on how much better we're playing on the Vandy game? A Spurrier or Meyer team would have beaten them by 50 and had all the starters out by the 3rd quarter. The UGA game was an anomaly - a 60-rush game in which the defense never adjusted, one of the worst defensive coaching performances of all time.

I think the USC game this weekend is going to be a MUCH more difficult win than you guys seem to believe.

'96, '97, '99, '05, '06

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n103049 said:
Law was right. You are the new Tennessee. You're being comically delusional morphing into Volunteer fans who think one or two victories has us on the way to another National Championship. You are NOT a great team by any measure. Last year you lost to lowly Georgia Southern and this year you suffered a horrible beat down before home fans at the Swamp. These unprecedented humiliating losses would be almost impossible under Visor Boy or Meyer. Face the facts, Will the Thrill is a second rate head coach, Freon Harris is a 10,000 miles from being Tim Tebow and Florida winning the SEC championship is about a likely as Phil Fulmer just saying no to jelly donuts.

You sound funny with that dick in your mouth

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n102978 said:
Are we still basing on how much better we're playing on the Vandy game? A Spurrier or Meyer team would have beaten them by 50 and had all the starters out by the 3rd quarter. The UGA game was an anomaly - a 60-rush game in which the defense never adjusted, one of the worst defensive coaching performances of all time.

I think the USC game this weekend is going to be a MUCH more difficult win than you guys seem to believe.

A Spurrier team played in Nashville earlier this year, gave up 34 points, and only won by 14.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
oxrageous;n102982 said:
I think USC is going to score a boatload of points on us, frankly. I think Spurrier is going to air it out all over the freaking place. Knowing how bad his defense is he's going to extremely aggressive scoring points early. If we get behind, it's a whole different story for a true freshman QB and this ultra-conservative offense.

I'm a bit nervous about betting against Spurriers ego / competitiveness. That being said I think it's going to be a close game. Whoever has the least turnovers or has the ball last wins.

TommyGator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This needs to be in the political forum. Will anybody change their mind.....No...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n102447 said:
One guy told me that, "Sometimes, you have to put that beloved pet down."
I'm all for putting Dawgs down, and there is no such thing as a beloved Dawg.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Darthgator;n103129 said:
That's interesting. Brent Pease's offense reminded you of Spurrier's offense, huh. Didn't make that connection.

Let's take a look at the stats
National Championships: 1
SEC championships: 6
SEC coach of the year: 5
Minimum 9 wins in each of 12 seasons
Only college football team to score at least 500 points, including bowl games, for four consecutive years (1993–1996) since the NCAA began keeping statistics in 1937

Brent Pease: ____________

Yeah, that comparison makes sense.

The offense run at Boise State wasn't Pease's offense, it was Harsin's offense. Harsin left in 2009 to be a head coach was the offensive coordinator for all but one year of Pease's tenture there. Harsin is now the head coach at Boise State. If you want to see Pease's offense look at the 80th or greater ranked offenses of Baylor and Kentucky while he was the offensive coordinator there. Pease is getting a lot of respect for running another man's offense with senior laden players who would call the plays at the line of scrimage.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n103093 said:
He does have a point in that a 2 game win streak, one over the worst team in the SEC, doesn't exactly constitute a dynasty.

Anyway, I agree with Ox, Spurrier will come out swinging. He has nothing to lose. Expect a very aggressive gameplan from SOS.

Yeah...he wants Muschamp as DC next year so he'll put the final nail in the coffin so he can hire him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n103195 said:
The offense run at Boise State wasn't Pease's offense, it was Harsin's offense. Harsin left in 2009 to be a head coach was the offensive coordinator for all but one year of Pease's tenture there. Harsin is now the head coach at Boise State. If you want to see Pease's offense look at the 80th or greater ranked offenses of Baylor and Kentucky while he was the offensive coordinator there. Pease is getting a lot of respect for running another man's offense with senior laden players who would call the plays at the line of scrimage.

Well our offense was just as bad with Driskel and Roper as with Pease and Driskel. It can be spun any way but until us the last 2 games minus Driskel the offenses were generally a little worse overall the year after Pease left those teams.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n103374 said:
Well our offense was just as bad with Driskel and Roper as with Pease and Driskel. It can be spun any way but until us the last 2 games minus Driskel the offenses were generally a little worse overall the year after Pease left those teams.

Roper as a playcaller is much better in my opinion. Until he realized Driskel's in game limitations he was trying to take shots down the field early and changing up the play calling. Pease regardless of the quarterback made similar play calls. Now I do believe if we had hired Harsin and not Pease, we would have had a different offensive output because Harsin would have the balls and history to do it his way. As far as Pease, former jobs, they were overall better before Pease got there as well. So... Pease is who he is, a better position coach then coordinator. Roper at this point doesn't have enough evidence to say what he is being this is his first job as an OC not under Cutcliffe. We have 4 different jobs to judge Pease on, where this is really Roper's second (maybe first in his own offense).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.