Dan Mullen needs to prove me wrong

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Bama is the only team on the schedule we have no chance of beating. We can beat everyone else in the SEC. It looks like a mess this year. This team is still undisciplined and looks poorly coached in some areas. But we could still win 10 games easily.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I was not particularly surprised by EJ's lackluster play last night. His performance only served to confirm the validity of several concerns we have had almost from the beginning - with both his stature AND his command of the QB position:
1. He's too small to run the RPO effectively against any team that knows he's coming. He'll get pounded by the average teams and will fail miserably against the elite defenses that he will eventually have to face. His poor touch on the short and intermediate routes means that no one will fear the pass, thereby leaving them free to tee off on the QB run game.
2. All the claptrap about what a great deep passer he is is wishful thinking, at best. It's total BS at worst. I don't care how far you can throw a ball if you couldn't throw it in the phukking ocean while standing knee deep in water.
3. The ability to make good decisions under pressure seems to be completely beyond him as well. He looks totally lost after three years in the program and if the light ever does come on, he'll still struggle with making plays down field.
4. On a related subject, DM is a colossal doosh monkey. His "performance" in the post game interview was disgusting and irksome beyond words.

Last edited:

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Bama is the only team on the schedule we have no chance of beating. We can beat everyone else in the SEC. It looks like a mess this year. This team is still undisciplined and looks poorly coached in some areas. But we could still win 10 games easily.

What i was saying is the SEC is weak this year. We could win 10 games. But I could see us losing 5 too. This team is still really poorly coached in some areas and undisciplined.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What i was saying is the SEC is weak this year. We could win 10 games. But I could see us losing 5 too. This team is still really poorly coached in some areas and undisciplined.

There’s no accountability from what I see. Everything from the shoe toss, the bowl fiasco, starting roles being granted not earned, and even an inability to acknowledge that the QB position—the HC’s area of expertise—is in question without being a pompous tool, all indicate a team that is lacking in accountability. It starts at the top and trickles down.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I think you would have to add UGly to that list. I know they have Shart, but we still have Cousin Eddie. It is one thing for a team being able to stop the pass when they know you can't run and do not even have to play the run, UF circa 2020. It is quite another task to ask a team who can't throw at all to ask them to run for 300+ yards per game with a shyt Oline against the likes of a BAMA or UGly front 7, UF circa 2021. 10 wins seems a stretch for me as I see every week being a challenge for this team.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hell with KY, What's Bama gonna do to us?

Losing to Bama is a given every time and is not so painful. You know what is going to happen. They will dominate on both sides of the line, get a comfy lead and then run out the clock. Satan takes not pride in humiliating anyone on the scoreboard. I mean I don;t know the final tally from yesterday but Bama handled scrotUM much easier than the final score. The quality of play is what motivates him. It is like an LSU last year or perhaps a KY this year who you should be able to beat but you can't stop them even tho you know exactly what they are doing. Those types of losses are much more humiliating than losing to Bama by 28+.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I was thinking the same thing before I saw up play. Now I'm not so sure.
Lets see how these next two games unfold before we call 911.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There’s no accountability from what I see. Everything from the shoe toss, the bowl fiasco, starting roles being granted not earned, and even an inability to acknowledge that the QB position—the HC’s area of expertise—is in question without being a pompous tool, all indicate a team that is lacking in accountability. It starts at the top and trickles down.

This is a societal issue, and guys like Danny are the prototypical enablers. Accountability today is bullying - it's supremacist - it's "unacceptable behavior", and making excuses is the new standard. Throw in the "transfer portal" and NIL money, and the coddling of pre-madonnas is the norm. Since Dan can't seem to recruit, and he spends all his time surfing the portal to find short-term fixes, it just feeds the problem because he can't hold people accountable for fear of losing them to the same whore portal he surfs while on vacation.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This is a societal issue, and guys like Danny are the prototypical enablers. Accountability today is bullying - it's supremacist - it's "unacceptable behavior", and making excuses is the new standard. Throw in the "transfer portal" and NIL money, and the coddling of pre-madonnas is the norm. Since Dan can't seem to recruit, and he spends all his time surfing the portal to find short-term fixes, it just feeds the problem because he can't hold people accountable for fear of losing them to the same whore portal he surfs while on vacation.

I see what you did there, even if it was by accident. :lol:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Just beat the buttsniffers.
I honestly don't agree with that line of thinking. Yes, of course beat the butt-sniffers, but what are we, the Galen Hall era Gators again? Where if we beat Georgia all other sins are washed away? We had a long period where we beat UGA down on an annual basis, and then worked for more and expected more. Simply beating the butt-sniffers isn't enough

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't agree with that line of thinking. Yes, of course beat the butt-sniffers, but what are we, the Galen Hall era Gators again? Where if we beat Georgia all other sins are washed away? We had a long period where we beat UGA down on an annual basis, and then worked for more and expected more. Simply beating the butt-sniffers isn't enough
We aren't as talented as the Galen Hall teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator