D'Anfernee McGriff: Do we have another Percy Harvin?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Take ten minutes and watch his 2015 highlights film. And we got him from Tallahassee from under Nimbo's nose. He is big, fast, can throw the ball and breaks tackles. Watching the film you almost get tired of him scoring TDS. That is why coach Mac changed the subject to him when he was questioned about not signing a QB. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7lsd7TAB5fo

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We may not have him at all if some of the rumors I've seen on here are true. Sounds like he might not make the grades. Hope they aren't true, as he looks like a difference maker.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did he make any TDs that weren't 95 yards?

That third TD certainly was embarrassing for that DB. :embarrassed:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n174840 said:
We may not have him at all if some of the rumors I've seen on here are true. Sounds like he might not make the grades. Hope they aren't true, as he looks like a difference maker.

I've heard the same thing about him qualifying, but we will see.

It's hard to tell anything from a highlight video... he looks like a man playing against boys.. what happens when he plays against guys the same size and speed as him and he can't just run over or past everybody?

I don't think it's fair to call anybody the next Percy...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n174844 said:
Did he make any TDs that weren't 95 yards?

That third TD certainly was embarrassing for that DB. :embarrassed:

That was some creative play calling, as well. :lol:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is a very good player, but he is no Percy Harvin. While McGriff certainly has more size, Harvin was/is much faster. I think his size and speed is more similar to Aaron Hernandez, which is why he'll play H-back at UF. Not sure if the coaches plan on playing some wildcat or not, but he obviously makes a good wildcat QB.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Man among boys. SEC DL won't one arm tackle and slide off, DBs won't get outpaced or bounce off with weak tackling. I think he looks fast simply because he's bigger and has a longer stride than the other kids. I don't see Harvin speed. And while McGriff can cut, it's among weak tackling. Let's get him qualified, then figure out where to line him up. If it's wildcat, we better have some real good OL blocking or be counting on him to pound the defense and soften them up for the RBs.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n174877 said:
Man among boys. SEC DL won't one arm tackle and slide off, DBs won't get outpaced or bounce off with weak tackling. I think he looks fast simply because he's bigger and has a longer stride than the other kids. I don't see Harvin speed. And while McGriff can cut, it's among weak tackling. Let's get him qualified, then figure out where to line him up. If it's wildcat, we better have some real good OL blocking or be counting on him to pound the defense and soften them up for the RBs.

Pull the scholarship.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What I noticed watching his highlights is that he's a North-South runner with great vision. He made cuts, but not much dancing East-West. I think his running style will translate well to the SEC.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n174897 said:
No one should be compared to Harvin until they prove it on the field.

No one should be compared to Harvin, period. In the end, someone will come along who is better than Harvin. That would be someone with the skill, and a great attitude that isn't a prima donna...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I would be very hesitant to compare anyone to Percy Harvins (a nod to Nat Moore there), because Percy is/was the most explosive offensive player with the ball in his hands to EVER wear the O and B.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n174846 said:
I've heard the same thing about him qualifying, but we will see.

It's hard to tell anything from a highlight video... he looks like a man playing against boys.. what happens when he plays against guys the same size and speed as him and he can't just run over or past everybody?

I don't think it's fair to call anybody the next Percy...

Attachments

• conv_2387.gif
    conv_2387.gif
    269.3 KB · Views: 45

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So did the rumor about his grades origin on message boards?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure everyone fully appreciates the offensive firepower we have added to the offensive side of the ball in Scarlett, Calloway, McGriff and Cronkrite. Those 4 appear to be more explosive than anyone on our roster except DRob and Kelvin Taylor.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take players like Percy, attitude and all, that win 2 National Titles in their three years while being one of the two main reasons, all day, everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator