D'Anfernee McGriff: Do we have another Percy Harvin?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Andre Debose was supposed to be the next Percy too... He looks like Law's famous RB that can throw a little bit. Hopefully he's used to get the ball more than give.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if he's close to Percy, but we know all how that works out when you're called the "next Percy Harvin." And no attacking assistant coaches, please. Unless WM is on your staff.

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n174954 said:
I would be very hesitant to compare anyone to Percy Harvins (a nod to Nat Moore there), because Percy is/was the most explosive offensive player with the ball in his hands to EVER wear the O and B.

I think this guy was better and his career after the Gators sure was a lot better than Percy is now having.:popcorn:

Attachments

• conv_2391.jpg
    conv_2391.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 61

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This particular one always gets me. Sometimes I just go watch this for sheer enjoyment. They are all around him and it's just futile reaching. Spurrier's reaction is priceless.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hotrod;n175111 said:
I think this guy was better and his career after the Gators sure was a lot better than Percy is now having.:popcorn:
You must not have been paying attention when Percy was here. Nat, Emmitt and Rhett were all excellent, but no one compares to Percy who had a 3rd gear he only showed when absolutely necessary.

Deathroll

Dec 28, 2014
I've watched the guy play and like him but let's not compare him to Percy Harvin. Just doesn't have the speed. My fear, like someone above mentioned is that he is sort of a "tweener". Not fast enough to play WR, not big enough (yet) to play TE, and not quite the moves for RB. Think Trey Burton with little more Physicality added to it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n174873 said:
He is a very good player, but he is no Percy Harvin. While McGriff certainly has more size, Harvin was/is much faster.
He looks more like the next Omarius Hines... you know, the guy that averaged 20 yards a touch so the coaches pulled him out immediately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n174913 said:
No one should be compared to Harvin, period.
Exactly. McGriff hasn't been caught smoking pot repeatedly or beat up his teammates or his position coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n174965 said:
So did the rumor about his grades origin on message boards?
Yes, apparently some on here believe everything a Chimpeagle says.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hotrod;n175111 said:
A thousand times yes.

Throw in Fred Taylor and about 40 receivers also.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Again with this next Percy Harvin bullsh*t? How about we let the kids actually step foot on campus and have a practice before we go anointing them as a generational talent? That's how you wankers end up b*tching and moaning three years from now when the kid isn't the next Percy Harvin and doesn't meet your expectations.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is not fair to the kids...like Captain says...let them at least get into the program and play before we anoint them with any comparisons. I never liked hearing the negatives about Harvin because he was so electric on the field...stats be damned, one of the best ever.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wes Chandler was the most explosive Gator I've ever seen. PH was a close second. Everyone else is a distant third.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great video. So Auburn pulls away from this guy......not a good sign🙈

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.