Thoughts?

Why GIF

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Where I think Dean messed up was

1. turning his back to the QB then trying to run with the R
2. not getting enough depth in his drop
3. staring at the QB the whole time instead of the receiver action in front of him. That is how the R gets behind him.

That looked like a cover 2 scheme @ltraz . The MLB has a deep middle drop and the other 2 backers are hook/curl and then flat. What is strange is the CB at the top turned and ran with the R (cover 3 look), the safety at the top wound up in the end zone 5 yards deep with NO THREAT there, LSU has 2 Rs in the same area where the ball is thrown. Odd.

The bottom R ran an over route behind the MLB and actually behind the safety (Dean) on that side, which can't happen. Miller has to get deeper and force that throw in front of him. Just bad all the way around.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Thoughts?

TFD! Trey Dean, I am sure you can figure out the rest. He turns the right way, as you should it at a minimum forces the QB to hold the ball or even a pick. Then possibly sack.

Not sure why Toney still has him in there but surely Wilson would be no worse, get him the experience now.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
You said yourself he’s a 5th rounder?

Whispers: Good Safeties go in the first 3. So obviously you don’t think he’s that great either.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
So, you admit you did say 5th in your post but you feel the need to pine over it because I didn’t remember how you said it verbatim a day ago? You obviously take posting your opinions in an online football chat room way more serious that most of us.
5th-ish? So, 6th?
The truth will be revealed on draft day, you think 4th or 5th? Ok, that’s fine, I don’t feel he’s put enough of anything on film at this point to go that high.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It’s not the same unit. Elam is gone, along with our best passrushers/LBs Diabate, Moon, Carter and Hopper
Stop bringing facts to this thread....you'll only cause more mental gymnastics....The funny part is Hopper and Diabate are sharing reps(not even starting) for Mizzou and USF......:rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Stop bringing facts to this thread....you'll only cause more mental gymnastics....The funny part is Hopper and Diabate are sharing reps(not even starting) for Mizzou and USF......:rotfl::rotfl:
And yet, both are listed as starters on their respective schools published depth charts. Weird.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Watch their games much? They're both splitting reps.....Let me guess....you think we have 11 future draft picks on defense too?
I never said that. I was merely pointing out they are starters after you said they were not. Oh, and Diabate is at Utah, not USF.

Edit: You inspired me to do a little research: Hopper is second on Mizzou in tackles (one behind the leader) and Diabate is fourth for Utah. Not bad for guys splitting reps.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh I must be thinking of Bogle who went to MSU....and isn't starting....it must be the green uniforms or something....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator