Did anybody know that the World Series was being played?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anybody know that the World Series was being played?

I just noticed that they’re on game 3.

I can’t believe baseball has fallen this far…

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We were talking about this in the box last night. Two big market teams, and the interest just isn't there this year. I think people have Red Sox/Boston fatigue, and who the hell roots for LA teams other than the Lakers anyway?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
SEC baseball has been so good, I don't even think about the pros much at all. Besides, it is football season.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
This board does not have a history of much baseball interest, regardless of the time of year or the teams involved in the World Series. Not sure it's a good indicator of national interest in baseball.

Ratings for the first two games are down about 10% from last year. Is that Red Sox fatigue or Joe Buck fatigue?

I have been watching but primarily to root with all my might against the Dodgers. Not a Red Sox fan except for this series.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't they being played on FS1 not even the major networks? I pay attention to the Gators and Minor league ball, so MLB doesn't really get my attention regardless.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
This board does not have a history of much baseball interest, regardless of the time of year or the teams involved in the World Series. Not sure it's a good indicator of national interest in baseball.

Ratings for the first two games are down about 10% from last year. Is that Red Sox fatigue or Joe Buck fatigue?

I have been watching but primarily to root with all my might against the Dodgers. Not a Red Sox fan except for this series.

Don’t worry. We take it in 5. The dodgers think going home will help them but we play well away from home and some of the balls that JD has hit would be gone anyone else except Fenway

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Don’t worry. We take it in 5. The dodgers think going home will help them but we play well away from home and some of the balls that JD has hit would be gone anyone else except Fenway

Dave Roberts has so far shown that analytics can only take you so far. There is still a human element involved in baseball strategy and Cora has shown himself to be the much superior manager to this point. I hope the Dodgers continue to lean exclusively on their computer printouts.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Shorten the baseball regular season so it ends in mid September. Start CFB the last weekend of September and run through the 3rd week of December(sorry Mieneke Car Care and/or Boca Bowl, it's over) so there are less 95 degree games and seasons disrupted by hurricanes. Start the NBA the first week of January and shorten season so it ends in July. Hockey, whatever. Problem solved.

The overlapping of 4 professional sports and the biggest collegiate sport during this time isn't healthy for any of them. I generally like watching the WS, but have zero interest this week.

Last edited:

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I like the game........so yeah. There have been some incredible plays and pitching and I use MLB to educate my son on the game and how it's played at the professional level, why things are done they way they are and the strategy in any given situation.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
games are just too long and boring and yeah its football season so meh

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
They still play baseball? If a bear poops in the woods did it happen? Probably, but I aint gonna go look at bear poo or baseball.

Hockey season started ... its all good. :)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Buck is one of, if not the best in the business. The amount of work and preparation he puts in is incredible, especially cross sport platforms. I know a lot of people don’t like him but he’s amazing at what he does.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When I was 12, baseball was king. Bubble gum baseball cards. World Series Dodgers v Yankees. Dodgers were my team:
Hodges, Campanella, Newcomb, my favorite Duke Snider, Carl Furrillo?, etc Pee Wee Reese, Koufax?, Drysdale. Then they moved to L.A.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

I remember when the World Series was the biggest thing in sports. It was BASEBALL — America’s pastime. We would take our radios to school. The teacher would end class early so we could get out a radio and tune in to listen to the games. There were no night World Series games. It was all afternoons.

The biggest most dramatic thrill of all was when Bill Mazeroski hit that walk-off home run off Ralph Terry in the bottom of the ninth to beat the dreaded New York Yankees four games to three. I can still name the starting line-ups for both teams, but I can’t even tell you what teams are playing this year. I think one team is the Boston Red Sox. My lack of current baseball knowledge is due to a lack of interest and not dementia. I still have all my baseball cards and my marbles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator